Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2003, 06:42 PM   #16  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Default KEMPY?

Kempy, How is your head? I hope you aren't too sick and you had fun this weekend. Talk to ya tomorrow.
Old 03-02-2003, 08:22 PM   #17  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Hey everyone. Just a lazy Sunday here and we're sitting around talking story and the guys are out back making a BBQ. Gosh, I really wish this wasn't every darn week! This IS my parents' house so I guess this is where everyone congregates. It's nice that we all get along and visit with each other, but sometimes I wish that I could just have an OP weekend...I know, it's my decision of what to put in my mouth but on Sundays, it's all kinds of evil tempting goodies all over the house! I just ate a large dill pickle so I'm set until dinner time.

Me and 2 of my sisters went to Ala Moana shopping center near Waikiki in her brand new VW convertible beetle. It was 82 degrees and our hair was flying around in the wind. Fun, fun, fun. I kind of went nuts at Sears since they've started carrying the Lands' End clothing line. My sister said that Sears bought Lands' End so that's why they sell the clothes there now. They've got mens, womens, kids, even shoes. So cool, now I don't have to order from the catalog and pay shipping. Yippee. I think I'm shopped out for now. I did need to buy a few things since a lot of my clothes were too big and it's been so long since I've been a smaller size that I couldn't really find anything smaller that I could wear now, except for jeans...to hot on weekends to wear jeans if venturing outside for a long period of time. Sorry to complain about heat . Anyway, have a great night all.
Old 03-03-2003, 12:29 PM   #18  

I have been trying to post all morning. I have been busy here trying to clean up some odds and ends from the weekend.

Ok I don't want to hear it anymore about me being a chgatter box you guys are already onto the 2nd page of this thread.

Angie you are doing great I think I should have gone to your house instead of partying this weekend. I think I would have stuck with my program if I had.

Noelle don't you just love to buy new clothes. The only thing I hate is the mirrors in the dressing rooms. They make me look horrible!

Chris you guys are so romantic. I may need to take some lessons from you. Who knew that writing a letter would give you that feeling all over again.

Gar I don't think Echo would ever growl at anyone she would just pee on the floor. She gets so excited when people come over no matter who they are.

Sandy you should come down here we are going to be in the 70s all week.

Washu how is the new job going?

I had a rather fun weekend. We are going to have to save money for next year though. I didn't realize who much we were going to spend. Yikes! JOe and I had a great time but our friends ended up getting into a fight Saturday evening. We stilll don't know why the girl that was with us was mad. SHe just flipped out when we waled out of a bar. She was having a good time and then BAM it was on.
Old 03-03-2003, 01:14 PM   #19  

i'm still getting used to the job. i'm 1 for 7 on sales, but at least getting appointments has gotten easier.
Old 03-03-2003, 01:25 PM   #20  

ok, it's morning, and the site has managed to out smart me...

good going Sandy!!!! I used to skate all the time... just got a pair of rollerblades the other day. I hope that they are similar to 4-wheelers, I've only been on blades once... and that shouldn't count 'cause they were 2 sizes too big and really hard to control. Anyhow, I digress. I'm going to try them out in about 1/2 an hour...

Oh poor Mel... sunny weather and weekly BBQs. I know what you mean about family get-togethers and tempting food though. good going on the pickle. LF / LC salty snack. I love 'em! And hey, at least grilled food is better than fried, right.

Ok, need to shower and wake up.
hugs,
-W-
Old 03-03-2003, 01:32 PM   #21  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Kempy, that is too bad about your friends fight. I think that is pretty much why me and Jay turned into homebodies. Every couple we have ever hung out with would get into a HUGE fight for no reason. I hate it when people do that. I am glad you 2 had fun in spite of the other couple. Got any pics?

Noelle, You should get some chicken every week for your BBq's and marinate it for the night. It will feel like your cheating but you won't. I honestly couldn't handle the BBQ's. I would always end up overeating. It is a good thing me and Jay have a boring life! It makes it so much easier to diet.
Old 03-03-2003, 01:53 PM   #22  

Default Wow

You have done a great job Angie and I am jealous. You inspire me.

I see a couple of fellow mainers here. HI!! Downeast gal here
Old 03-03-2003, 02:07 PM   #23  

Don't worry guys we took pics. I have to get the developed first. We didn't take the digital camera b/c it would be to much of a loss if it was stolen. I brought the regular camera and Joe was able to put it in his pocket. I told him that I needed to take some shots for you guys so I am hoping that they have come out good.

Noelle if you stay away from the mayo stuff you should be ok at the BBQ. We usually only have crawfish boils and those things are loaded with salt. Needless to say over the summer I am one water retaining chic.
Old 03-03-2003, 03:09 PM   #24  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Hi essey! Welcome to our thread. This is a great group of girls. How much are you trying to lose if you don't mind me asking? I think all of the support I have gotten here has helped me stick to it. DownEast huh. Are you right on the ocean? I am right in central Maine myself.

Kempy, I can't wait to see the pics. I would love to go to Mardi Gras sometime.
Old 03-03-2003, 03:15 PM   #25  

I guess we don't have to many southerners b/c we are to lazy That isn't true I have seem a few poeple from right here in good ole' LA.

Angie let me tell you it is an experience. If you are easily embarrassed I don't suggest that you go. It is a time that all sorts of people let themselves go adn wear some crazy stuff. We saw a group of guys walking around wearing combat boots and adult diapers. It was funny but at the same time a little gross. I wonder if they were wearing them b/c they didn't want to wait in line or b/c they wanted a weird costume.
Old 03-03-2003, 03:54 PM   #26  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Yuck! Guys walking around in pissy diapers. haha I can see it now.

Noelle, where are ya girl? Jay got a giggle last night when I told him about you riding around in a convertible with the top down this after he just got done shoveling 6 inches of wet snow. I think he wants to move in with you too.

Well, I am off to exercise for a bit. fun fun.
Old 03-04-2003, 05:33 AM   #27  

Default to darned cold

I sure would be glad for the thermometer to get to 30 it sure would feel like a heat wave.
I would like to lose 30 to 40 pounds it has been a battle for the last 30 years. I have always been a cubby person and as a kid I was fed way to good. Looking back I almost think I was treated like the family dog, thrown a treat for being good.
Angie you must live near Bangor, my husband is in the national guard in Bangor and we go there every first of the month. We live near the coast and I love it. I have only lived here 3 1/2 years. I am originally from the southern part of Maine.
Made it through Monday ok with my diet and my husband did well to. He does not seem impressed by it but he knows he has to do something to.
Old 03-04-2003, 07:24 AM   #28  

essey, I'm from the Mid-Coast, near Damariscotta/Newcastle. Ever heard of them? Anyway, I hear ya about the temps....it is sooooooooo cold!!! We got a lot of rain the other day on the coast instead of snow and my driveway is like a skating rink!!! But the snowbanks are still high enough if you start to go off the driveway they would just bounce ya back on....LOL...

Wishing everyone a nice on plan day.
Sandy
Old 03-04-2003, 08:05 AM   #29  

I have heard of those towns, I am in Machias. Beautiful coastal town, not much for stores here. It is so small I have to travel an hour just to buy underwear. We do have a shop and save but I think they price gouge because of no competition. Come here in August to the blueberry festival.
As for the temps there seems no relief until the middle of next week. I think my long johns are wearing out! Oh well I guess we have to deal with it but I can not remember having such a cold winter.
Old 03-04-2003, 08:17 AM   #30  

peekabooangel: are you closer to wiscasset or lewiston?
Closed Thread