Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-03-2012, 11:26 PM   #16  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

The best thing I ever did for myself, and my struggle with health and weight, was to "redefine" my "perception" of "normal".

Once I quit fighting, (much like the rebellious 2 year old), what I knew I needed to do, it became so much easier.

There are healthy and tasty options. It does take some research and creativity and planning, but it's all possible.
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 10:28 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadya View Post
I'm trying to work more veggies into my diet. I'm not a fan of some of them...working on green beans... Blech. I'll get it though.
Try these!
Asian Sesame Roasted Green Beans
Roasted Parmesan Green Beans
Garlic Roasted Green Beans
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 11:48 AM   #18  

Weight loss or any other diet is not about deprivation. That's the child in us wanting junk. It's about making choices. We either chose to eat what supports our goal or we don't. With diabetes in the picture, the consequences can be horrible if we continue to make the wrong choices. Have you been to a dietician? Most diabetic diets are not low carb.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 02:54 PM   #19  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterInVA View Post
Weight loss or any other diet is not about deprivation. That's the child in us wanting junk. It's about making choices. We either chose to eat what supports our goal or we don't. With diabetes in the picture, the consequences can be horrible if we continue to make the wrong choices. Have you been to a dietician? Most diabetic diets are not low carb.
I was wondering this as well. Are you seeing a registered dietician, a clinical nutritionist or just a nutritionist? The difference, depending on where you live can be huge.

A classical diabetic diet is still 50% carb. Now there has been a trend lately towards lower carb, but not usually ultra low.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote