Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-17-2012, 01:51 PM   #1  
Up and at 'em...again!

S/C/G: 203.4/170.4/140.0

Height: 5'0"

Default What a rotten week. :(

I don't know what's wrong with me this past week, but it's like I can't stop eating. I've been doing this for a year and I've done really well; I've never had this much trouble trying to curb my appetite.

I know this might sound like me trying to make excuses for myself, but I'm really starting to wonder if the reason I can't stop eating at night is because I might not be eating enough during the day to make up for the exercise I'm doing. I powerwalk 90 minutes a day 4-5 times a week, but I'm not eating anything extra to "make up" for it. Could that be (at least part of) the problem, I wonder?

I just don't know. And I know I gained this week (if I didn't, I don't know how I managed to eat as much as I did and NOT gain) and part of me is saying, "You don't want to be weighed in tomorrow, you know you gained" but part of me is also saying "You know you gained, but that's WHY you need to go and be weighed in as usual." I know I shouldn't skip a weigh-in just because I gained; I never have, and I know it's a bad idea to start now.

I'm just so down on myself right now, and I'm not sure why. I do know one thing, and it's just cemented my resolve to never buy WW food products again: just because the snacks are only 2 or 3 points, that doesn't mean I can eat half the box. But I swear there's something in those snacks that makes me overeat; it's like I can't stop once I start. And I'm not like that with any other "regular" snacks.

Ugh. It's just been such a rotten week. In a way, I can't wait to be weighed tomorrow so I can start off "fresh".
Snoofie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 01:58 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 252/ticker/183.5

Height: 6' 2"

So are you on WW? What are you eating? What's your normal intake? How many calories? Your body could be telling you that you are not getting enough of something. Are you bored at night? Could be any number of things. Just put this week behind you, eat what's been working for you, and don't skip your weigh in. More information is better than less information and it could be that if indeed you did lose weight, that you may not be getting enough calories.
andrew80k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 01:59 PM   #3  

Don't be so hard on yourself. I've had weeks where I just can't stop eating, too. In the long run, though, (i.e., a lifetime of healthy eating), these episodes are mere blips. You would have had to eat quite a lot to actually gain even one pound. Even if you were eating beyond losing calories, you would still have to have eaten 3500 calories beyond your maintenance calories to gain. So, if you do see a gain, it's probably just more food in your system and/or water gain.

Also, if you feel as if your activity is making you hungrier, then either add 100 calories or so to your daily total or cut back a bit on your activity (i.e., rather than 90 minutes a day, try 60).

Good luck to you!

Last edited by lin43; 01-17-2012 at 01:59 PM.
lin43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 02:39 PM   #4  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

This same exact thing happened to me in December. I finally decided it had to be the lack of daylight or something combined with the stress of Christmas spending. I was hungry all the time, I couldn't seem to get control over my eating, I was eating everything in sight. And the CRAP I was eating- not normally the type of foods I allow myself to eat. I boosted my vitamin D intake (with my doctor's approval) and started taking fish oil supplements as well as make sure I'm taking my daily multi and getting enough water and protein...and exercise. At the same time I let my appetite take control, I also stopped exercising. I'm now trying to get a handle on it. It's a day to day struggle, though. I've been leaning on my online buddies that are also focusing on weight loss and working out.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 02:42 PM   #5  
Up and at 'em...again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew80k View Post
So are you on WW? What are you eating? What's your normal intake? How many calories? Your body could be telling you that you are not getting enough of something. Are you bored at night? Could be any number of things. Just put this week behind you, eat what's been working for you, and don't skip your weigh in. More information is better than less information and it could be that if indeed you did lose weight, that you may not be getting enough calories.
Well, to be honest I just wanted to rant, which is why I didn't post all the information about what plan I'm on, what I'm eating and whatnot. I mean, at the heart of it, I know what the issue is -- I'm eating too much at night. I'm just wondering if something else could be contributing to that.

I am on WW. I was originally at 29 points, but when Points Plus 2012 came in, my target got moved down to 26. I ignored that, though, because I found it difficult enough to get by on 29 points without being hungry, let alone reducing the number of points again. I don't count calories, so I don't know how many calories I'm taking in on a daily basis. (To be honest, counting calories gets on my nerves. I tried it once but I didn't keep it up because it got to me way too much.)

I'm not usually bored at night, no, so I don't think that's the problem.
Old 01-17-2012, 02:50 PM   #6  
Up and at 'em...again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleRiverDee View Post
At the same time I let my appetite take control, I also stopped exercising.
That's happening with me, too! The past couple of weeks I've been slacking off on my exercise because the weather has been ridiculously cold (-45 with the windchill). This cold snap is forecasted to break tomorrow, though, so I am bound and determined to get back on track. I've had enough of this. *L*
Old 01-17-2012, 03:04 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 370/ticker/170

Height: 5'10''

A little TMI, but is it around the TOM? I know there are some days around my TOM where absolutely nothing can satisfy me.
lalaes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 03:12 PM   #8  
Up and at 'em...again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalaes View Post
A little TMI, but is it around the TOM? I know there are some days around my TOM where absolutely nothing can satisfy me.
Hmmm. Well, it's not due for another ten days, but...yeah, you know, that could be contributing to it. I'm on BCP to regulate my cycle, but I recently took a four-month break from it (insurance issues) and my cycle went out of whack (actually only had one period during that time). So that very well could be part of it. I didn't even think of that.
Old 01-17-2012, 03:31 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 252/ticker/183.5

Height: 6' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoofie View Post
Well, to be honest I just wanted to rant, which is why I didn't post all the information about what plan I'm on, what I'm eating and whatnot. I mean, at the heart of it, I know what the issue is -- I'm eating too much at night. I'm just wondering if something else could be contributing to that.
Well, that's why we're here, too. To listen to you rant. As long as you know what the issue is and you know how to fix it then we'll just encourage you to get after it and stay on course, don't beat yourself up. Get up, dust yourself off and get back on the path...
andrew80k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 03:56 PM   #10  
Up and at 'em...again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew80k View Post
Well, that's why we're here, too. To listen to you rant. As long as you know what the issue is and you know how to fix it then we'll just encourage you to get after it and stay on course, don't beat yourself up. Get up, dust yourself off and get back on the path...
That's why I love it here (as well as at my WW meeting)...I know I can rant to you all and get the support I need (in addition to a periodic ***-kicking when I need it, lol.)
Old 01-17-2012, 04:31 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 198.6 / 192.4 / under 150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalaes View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoofie View Post
that very well could be part of it. I didn't even think of that.
Yep, that was my first thought. I know I seem to have a few days each month where I just can't seem to stop eating. It's ok, it's hard to do too much damage in just a few days, so long as we get back to it as soon as we can.

Go weigh in tomorrow so you know where you stand. If you did gain, it won't be much and seeing that might give you that little extra push to get back to it. If not, then you won't have that hanging over your head until your next weigh in. Good luck!
mizzie is offline   Reply With Quote