Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-17-2012, 02:27 PM   #16  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

I remember at one of my doctor visits we were discussing my weight and my doctor made a suggestion and I said, "But then I'd get hungry and my blood sugar would crash." And he said, "So? Is it going to kill you?"

Wow. That was a wake up call.

Personally I think it's a bad idea to let yourself get starving, because I think that leads to binges, at least it does with me. But a little hungry? That's not a bad thing, I don't think. Heck, I'm a little hungry right now.

One thing I find that takes the edge off for not very many calories and satisfies for hours is a good low cal protein shake. I use one called "PlantFusion" which is a vegan formula and it works great for me. I also dump a scoop of vitamin powder into it (I use Reliv) and that combo usually will keep my blood sugar stable for a few hours.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 02:37 PM   #17  
I choose me...

S/C/G: HW 265/SW 240/CW ticker/GW 150

Height: 5 Ft 3

I hate STAYING hungry. I do go hungry if I feel it but like today I was on my way to a workout got a pang of hunger, ignored it worked out then ate lunch. If it doesn't go away after I have some water (cause sometimes it's water my body needs) then I have a light snack (celergy, nuts etc) just to feel satisfied and to take it away. I can't stay hungry, my hunger now is much different than before. Once after a workout I got severe hunger pains, like shooting pains cause I didn't eat enough that morning....it scared me! Honestly, now when I'm hungry IT's HUNGER, not a little pang of hunger, I can deal with those and put it off. I try not to get to that point of hunger so I am very much a snacker throughout the day. I like to eat! But for me a little hunger isn't going to kill me.
InsideMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 06:45 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 230/see ticker/130

Height: 5'1"

Thanks everyone. Yeah, I am new to this process. Well actually this is the first time in a long time that I've taken this seriously. I'm only like 3 weeks into the new diet. After hearing this I am wondering if some of this is cravings. My stomach isn't growling. But it feels empty and I feel like its hunger. But maybe it is psychological. I guess I'll have to figure that out.
aliasihaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 07:08 PM   #19  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

I think feeling hungry at the beginning is normal. If you have hunger that starts to dominate your thoughts you need to eat. But otherwise, yes, I think it is ok to occasionally be hungry. Because I think so many of us THINK we are hungry when we are not really. But our body is conditioned to cross up the signals. Sometimes you have to play around with hunger in order to differentiate.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 09:07 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 285/180/160

Height: 5'9"

I'm ok to be hungry. Hungry just means my body will need food sometime soon.

On the other hand, I cannot get hangry...aka, hungry-angry. This is when I'm snappy, ill-tempered and will eat whatever is put in front of me, no matter how much or how "bad".

I think you have to learn your hangry. Being not full is ok. Feeling a little hunrgy isn't bad either. Hangry....that normally isn't good for anyone.
duckyyellowfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 09:37 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 255/holding at 162/160

Height: 5'-7"

I agree that it's how we react to hunger. Most of us are hungry at some time. Realizing we won't starve if we don't eat immediately is the key. As others have said - it isn't an emergency. You can feel satisfied after a meal while on plan, though. there is no need to feel constant hunger.

Lin
linJber is offline   Reply With Quote