Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-03-2012, 08:11 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 206/182/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Don't you just hate it when you slip up?!

And it's horrible how I'm thinking about how I'm messing up as I'm doing it, and yet I don't stop! *forehead slap*

I couldn't sleep tonight, so I came out in the livingroom to surf the net and read instead of tossing and turning. I ate a HUGE bowl of cereal. And I even thought about it for a while before I caved! Darnit!

I'm on a low-carb & low-calorie diet, and cereal is decidedly NOT on it, much less in the middle of the night. It could've been worse I suppose....there are worse cereals than honey bunches of oats. But still, I failed this night (though I suppose it's morning now).

I think part if it was because I was craving something sweet last night, and I made a batch of "chocolate chip cookies" from a mix I got online (Big Train brand). They weren't very good, and not sweet at all.

Now I have a tummy ache because I scarfed down the whole bowl in maybe ten minutes. And believe me, it was a BIG bowl.

*kicks self* No more!!! Next time I can't sleep, I'm staying in bed anyway!
Rapunzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 10:04 AM   #2  
Playing to Lose

S/C/G: 194/ticker/129

Height: 5' 1"

It happens, I understand. And I find that the more I think about not doing it the more I crave it! LOL But the trick is is to find a substitute for the hunger and/or sweet cravings. I recently started drinking diet hot chocolate. Only 25 calories a cup (a big cup!) and to make it a little creamier I will add a few tablespoons of sugarfree hazelnut creamer and a tiny pinch of cinnamon. I also add a little splenda if I am really needing it sweet. It coats my stomach and satisfies my need for sugar. Next thing I know my cravings are gone and I feel better for not giving in.

And I understand about the cereal thing. I mean, carbs AND sugar in one easy to make package. *sigh*

But just start fresh RIGHT NOW and bring your carb and calorie intake a little lower for the next few days to make up for it.

It'll be ok!
ShanIAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 10:07 AM   #3  
Gotta keep trying!

S/C/G: 285/ticker/150.

Height: 5'6"

It happens, just get back on track & just remember for next time. People make mistakes, but one bowl of cereal won't totally derail you Just stay positive.
omgzitsmiranda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 10:24 AM   #4  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

I've done the same thing before. I've even gone downstairs and taken food up to bed with me. Yuck! I don't keep any cereal that I like in the house and honey bunches of oats is like crack to me, along with Cheerio's and special k strawberry....but I digress.

Just move on. It sounds like you've learned from the experience, which is the best thing you can do.
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote