Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-09-2011, 06:40 AM   #121  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Eek! Scale drop this morning (I'll probably start seeing the scale rise very soon for ovulation gain). And, there was a good possibility I would weight less than DH this morning, but the dork dropped weight over night too! I weighed in at 171.4 (down 1.6 from yesterday) and he weighed in at 170.6 down 1 pound from yesterday. However, he is going out to eat for a Christmas lunch today, so I "could" weight less them him tomorrow for the first time ever in our relationship of just shy of 19 years. And I could do it on my birthday! Tomorrow is the big day! Now if that won't keep on plan today, I don't know what will!
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 06:46 AM   #122  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

ItsMyTurn good morning so glad I can make you laugh. I love laughter. And I don't mind at all being the one that brings joy Glad you got your workout in and how nice that your DH had a night off and cooked. It must be such a big change now that he's working. I hope you have a great day
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 06:48 AM   #123  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Mamakat one great NSV after another! That is a huge victory with being able to fit into your daughters jeans- even if they arer a bit big for her, she owns them, so you are very close to matching her size!

Smess I am so sorry about the loss of your mom. I am glad she went peacefully, but so sorry you had to face such a loss at such a young age. Big hugs to you. But I am so glad thatnyou arernmovningon with your life with grad school and a move to California. And yay to getting back on track!

I'll be back for more personals... I have to get the teen off to school.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 06:50 AM   #124  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Berry I'm rooting for you. I know how bad I wanted to weigh less than my DH. Oh man, the day I finally did, I couldn't stop crowing Now he's losing weight too, so I have to stay very good or I might lose my seat back to him. He hates it too, but come on realistically I should weigh 130 or less while he should be 160-170. So I'm supposed to weigh less and I always hated knowing I didn't. So I am hoping you have a wonderful birthday gift!
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 07:57 AM   #125  

Height: 5'8.5"

Good morning, everyone! Here we are at Friday, yay! I enjoyed reading through all your posts this morning. So wish I had time to do personals online but I *do* read all of them and cheer for you!

Nevaeh, great photos. There is a really a big difference!!! Good job. I don't do pills either to lose weight so can't be of help there.

Drat, stayed on plan yesterday but ate a "normal" dinner at a community dinner at church... and gained two pounds! Sheesh! And Christmas Dessert Theater is tonight where they usually have fantastic desserts. Maybe I will get mine and just eat a few bites.... or else skip dinner and eat it. I don't do that often but I have been so on track with lots of veggies lately that one time would be okay. Will have to see what the evening brings.
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 12:36 PM   #126  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

Diana - DH hasn't looked into doing alternatives, and I actually made a homemade mayo so he could have some macaroni salad with us and he refused to eat it. I guess now it's totally turned him anti-mayo/creamy dressings, Totally traumatized him. He usually does mustard on a sandwich or just does PB&J. He has learned to check when he gets fast food too, as we had gone to an "in and out" down here one day and discovered they put a "sauce" of sorts on the hamburgers... he asked without (since it was obvious a mayo/creamy dressing combo of sorts) and they forgot and put it on.. he had taken a bit and just BARELY tasted it, didn't swallow, and it still set him off vomitting for about a half hour straight in the parking lot. Soooo... guess I can't blame him any on that.

Mamakat - Hope you have a fabulous writing day, sorry to hear of your foot/ankle. It is an adjustment with DH working, but we are SLOWLY getting the hang of it. Not going to lie though, after trying to accustom myself to not sharing the bed... last night was the first time I slept good WITH him in the bed now,

Melissa - Happy Early Birthday!!!!! What an amazing overnight drop!!!! Congrats!!!

Misti - Good luck and have fun tonight! I wouldn't fret about the added pounds; sometimes the smallest change up in routine can make you look as if you have an artificial gain appear and then it goes by
ItsMyTurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 12:54 PM   #127  

S/C/G: 235/201.8/145

Height: 5'6"

I weighed this morning and I was 201.8 which is about 2 lbs less than before Thanksgiving, which is awesome because I put on about 3 lbs after. That has really given me the motivation that I need. I have been counting calories so far and I have been going to a Zumba class when I am off from school and work and can make it. I was really nervous about going, since I am weird about working out in front of people, but I LOVE IT. That's really helped me out some when I don't do as well with my calories. I am hoping that this new weight loss will help me get my motivation back. So far I woke up kind of late, so I went by Chik-Fil-A and got a chargrilled chicken sandwich and fruit cup, which I LOVE and its only 390 calories. I have to work tonight, so hopefully I will keep this up. And thanks so much already for the wonderful support!
agoin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 02:38 PM   #128  

S/C/G: 202/195/140

Height: 5'3"

Yay, look at all those dropping numbers!!!

Scale read 173 this morning...! I'm trying to not get accustomed to this fast loss phase, I know its going to slow down eventually, but YAY! I'm pretty sure all the water weight is gone, because I'm definitely noticing a little body change. My tummy is going down, even though my one pair of pants that fit aren't much looser yet. I'm happy to be back in my "big" pair of 12's for the first time in 3 months...I've got closetfull of jeans to shrink into.

On the down side, I've noticed my bra fitting a little looser.

I'm on my days off tomorrow after a looonnnggg 8 days! WOO! And the not so smart person from yesterday should be gone today when I get in...that doesn't mean that somebody isn't going to come take his place, lol, but I'm glad.

I can't wait to weigh less than DH..he weighs 155, so I've got a ways to go.
ArtyKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 04:19 PM   #129  
PhDelicious

S/C/G: 256/ticker/155

Height: 5'10''

Thanks for the welcome back hugs, all!

A bit of a gain this morning over yesterday, I'm up 1.6. I think my dinner of pizza and soda was probably not the best idea But I woke up feeling good this morning, and did my Jillian workout for the first time in almost two weeks. I don't feel as dead as I thought I would, but it's definitely going to take some work to get back into it! Now that the quarter is over, I'm going to try and get myself on a better schedule.

I'm off to the store - since I'm working from home over the break I think I'm going to take the time to do some major experiments in the kitchen. I'll let you know if I stumble across any major discoveries!

I hope everyone enjoys another on-plan day!
SMess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 06:36 PM   #130  
Girlie Makin Changes

S/C/G: 209/187/143

Height: 5"7"

Stuck to my diet with the small exception of a couple of chips (and I actually mean a couple) with dinner. So I'm pretty happy with that
Nazza000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 07:27 PM   #131  

Height: 5'8.5"

Congratulations to all of you for being here and posting!! Stick with it.

I decided to have a Jack-in-the-Box grilled chicken salad (the ONLY place I know I can get a healthful fast food salad!) and eat part or all of the dessert tonight.

Something else interesting happened last night. Someone came up and commented on how much weight I have lost. I was thinking "I've only lost four pounds" but LOL then it dawned on me. Last time I went to the doctor I had already lost 10 or 15 pounds and of course THAT counts too, before I started posting here again. I need to ask her next time how much I have lost altogether and then change my ticker to the higher number starting place so it shows how much I have really lost.
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 09:38 PM   #132  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

This site is acting crazy, again on my computer at work. I use IE there. I use Firefox at home and it's fine, here. I tried to do some personals at work and it just freezes. I hope they straighten it up again.

Still Are you going to take a class at the gym or do cardio machines/weights?

Berry Congrats on all the work you've done in your house. I can only imagine how much work it is to take care of a 4000 sf house. Our house is only around 1000 sf. Since it's so small, anything out of place looks like a disaster. The room where DH has his hunting stuff has exploded, again. It looks like a disaster. In the Spring I will probably buy some plastic bins to put some stuff in and make DH take it to the shop. Congrats on your weigh in! I hope you get another drop tomorrow.

Andejean Hi Enjoy your "Super awesome cousin weekend". Have fun!

Mamakat Look at you getting in those Junior clothes! How is your foot today? I hope it's better.

Agoin Keep up the great work!

ArtyKay It's called shopping in your own closet!

SMess Great job on the workout! Jillian is tough!

Nazza Great job keeping to your plan. Nothing wrong with working something in.

Misti Congrats on the compliment about your weight loss!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 09:50 PM   #133  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Total Approx 1710 Calories +

Breakfast (365 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
high fiber English muffin 100 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Natures Own 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Rounds 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 calories
1/2 TBS Hellman's light mayonnaise/Lettuce 25 calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (970 Calories) I had a moment and had some ice cream with graham crackers crushed on top
Turkey Wrap 400 calories
2 orders steamed veggies 200 calories
Fruit cup 100 calories
1 pkg graham crackers 70 calories
Ice cream 200 calories

Exercise:
KCM's 30 MTF Circuit Burn (cardio/boxing premix) w/weighted gloves
Shape Bikini Body Camp Transforming Workout Cardio Interval
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 10:29 PM   #134  
Nikki

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/155

Height: 5'7

I'm definitely not all the way back on plan, but I'm getting there. Totally achieved my goal for the day- I tracked everything! Ended at 1730 calories for the day, which isn't bad at all considering I had a Christmas program to run tonight which included the most tempting buffet of cookies, candies and desserts imaginable! I was so, so, so good and ate one oreo cookie truffle and two cream puffs. Those put me over but I'm okay with it- as much as I love being skinny, I can't outright deny myself all the good things I love so much. Moderation works for me.

Four people called me skinny at the program. That was nice :-)

The plan for tomorrow is moderation, tracking, water and the gym.

Diana3271- I'm planning so far on just getting back into my cardio/weights routine for the time being. there are a couple of classes starting soon that are interesting (hey Melissa, we have a Bodypump class starting!) but I haven't decided if I want to go that route yet. We'll see.

I'll check in with everyone tomorrow. For now, its tea and bed :-) Good night!
still is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 02:51 AM   #135  
Girlie Makin Changes

S/C/G: 209/187/143

Height: 5"7"

Okay.
Tough Day!
You know those days where you just wake up feeling bad?
Well, since starting my diet I haven't felt bad. period. and I think it was just such a shock to my system that I went off the rails a bit. That, coupled with the stress of pre- open house clean-up, my grandmothers stroke and flakey friends amongst other routine stresses made me do something very naughty. I had a beautiful, clean breakfast and dinner, but for lunch... I had not one... but two packets of chips whilst I drowned my sorrows in a rom-com at the cinema. I feel very, very bad and I can't seem to shake the guilt.
Well, better luck tomorrow right?
Nazza000 is offline   Reply With Quote