3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome! 11/7 - 11/13 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/246602-daily-accountability-lifestyle-change-everyone-welcome-11-7-11-13-a.html)

Moondance 11-11-2011 10:28 AM

Happy Friday!

One birthday down, 2 more birthdays and one work party to go. I did great last night...made good choices, saved calories for a bigger meal, ate only half of the gormet burger and all of the salad. I'm a pretty happy camper. Except the PMS hormones, which give me insomnia. Up since 4:45.

Still: CONTRAGTULATIONS on your loss!!!!! WooHoo!!!!!

Diana3271 11-11-2011 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moondance (Post 4104422)
Except the PMS hormones, which give me insomnia. Up since 4:45.

Moondance Sorry to hear that you have the PMS insomnia. I have this, too. I didn't understand this and thought I was the only person that suffered with this. I am hearing of more and more women that have PMS insomnia. I'm sorry that others are suffering, too, but it's comforting to know that it's not some weird thing that only affects me.

Vixsin 11-11-2011 12:04 PM

Thanks gang. I knew all I needed to do was reach out for the support. I did great at the work breaky and stuck to the foods I brought from home and had some fruit that they brought. I've already eaten my lunch due to being mildly stressed from the work meeting. I am going to get out of the building in 15 minutes and go for a ride in the car. its a sunny day today. Too cold for me to take a walk. I dont have a jacket. But I am going to get out there to clear my head and then tackle my afternoon with a vengence.

I won't make it to the gym today. I am gearing myself up for some bodyweight work. I need to do upper body work today since I did lower yesterday.

I still feel shaky but I DO feel better than my first post this morning. I am looking forward to going home today with fresh eyes and clearing out the couple snacks that have made their way into my house.

I'm off to enjoy my half hour away from my desk! :)

ItsMyTurn 11-11-2011 12:41 PM

Diana - Not much for plans that I am aware of for this weekend. Although anything is possible :lol:

Mamakat - Just got out of the meeting. Same crap, different day. "you interviewed wonderfully, we see you learn fast and excel at all you do... but... (and here it comes) we hired someone who was more qualified"... then a bunch other of bs. My sup says she doesn't want the company to lose me though, to please give them a shot...that she has me in for a training that is a branch off what I do now that will hopefully start enabling me to work from home some of the time (heard this crap before too)... that they think I am a huge asset, they don't want me to go elsewhere, that it would take them hiring 3 people to do what I do in a day..... ok... then why not let me Work from home? It is seriously the ONLY request I have had and I jumped through their hoops for 3 1/2 yrs...and in the last year and month I have applied for EVERYTHING I thought might get me there... I am not upset, sad, or hurt...gone beyond.. I am ticked! And then to not have the gonads to tell me when I asked you point blank 5 dang times?!? *breathing* So yea... today not starting so well. DD's nose is doing better.. her allergies are still in full force, but the swelling and redness have dissipated (thank goodness, lol). DH is still waiting to hear from the company. They have to wait for the results of his background and UA and then will call him - I am hoping today

Holy crow look at you being social!!! Not only did you converse with strangers, but also spoke on behalf of someone in order to help!!!! WOW!!!! I am so proud of you!!!!!

Still - Great job!!!! That's a real pretty number!

Vixsin - glad you are doing better, hang in there! You are so strong, you so got this!

mamakat 11-11-2011 01:21 PM

ItsMyTurn :censored: Ugh, that's bs, just like you said. They're jerks for stringing you along...I don't care how nice they were. It's wrong to do that to anyone, whether they say they like you and want to keep you or not...show some respect! :mad:

OK rant over. Maybe :p

I hope your day gets better. :hug:

ItsMyTurn 11-11-2011 02:12 PM

mamakat - rant away, nice to not feel alone. I am so irrate, and yet stuck here doing my dang job all day. Haven't run back into either of them since that took place this morning and hoping I don't. This company seems to constantly string me and now... I have passed upset, gone by hurt, stomped on sad and have been in a ticked off frame of mind since the meeting. It took TWO of you to tell me no???? You didn't respect me enough to stop making me stress and just tell me when I asked??? I don't understand, it doesn't make sense to me. You want to keep me so you treat me like this??? See? No need to stop the rant, been doing since... I have taken more Ritalin than normal to try and counter it and it isn't helping... my leg is bouncing and I am HOT! Called my mom from here to tell her too...she is hot too... she was like... you give them your all, jump in whenever they need you to clean up messes from other people, and yet you can't catch a break! (She knows from staying with us how often I jump when they need me to). I cannot wait for today to be over...today is not a good day. Sad too, cause it started off great - traffic was flowing wonderfully, was even able to maintain 60-65 on the interstate (usually it's 20-25)... then came in to this... ugh!!!! I will give them this for credit...they have lit a freakin' flame under this girl's butt that rarely gets lit! I am definitely not in a "silver lining" kind of mood...and trying to stay away from comfort food... so that's going to mean a huge workout tonight when I get home... go til I am exhausted to release some of this... whether my body is ready for it or not

mamakat 11-11-2011 02:39 PM

ItsMyTurn...here's another :hug: because I need to give it as much as you need to receive it. I'm still flaming mad at how they handled this. Ugh...okay another :hug: You can do this, when tempted tell yourself "I soooo respect myself more than those jerks." One more :hug:

Larry H 11-11-2011 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by still (Post 4104151)
Good morning, everyone!

163!!!

yay!

Perfectly on plan day for me yesterday, complete with one hour of cardio.

Doctor visit went great, I am healthy as can be. A far cry from this time last year, so I have a ton to be happy about and thankful for this Thanksgiving season.

I hope you all have a fabulous, on plan day!

Congrats on the 163 and being healthy!!

Larry

still 11-11-2011 04:13 PM

Thank you, everyone! I haven't seen numbers this low in forever! I just hope I don't let myself play the mind games with myself, and lose all this progress I've made!

ItsMyTurn- That is so :censored:! I am mad for you, too! They totally strung you along, and for what? :tantrum::tantrum: I am so sorry it went this way. No turning to food- definitely let this out with a screamin' awesome workout! No need to let them derail you. :hug:

Vixsin- :dust: and :hugs:. You can totally do this. The first step is to recognize that you're shaky, which you've done. Just keep rockin it out, lady! You can do this!

Moondance- yay for conquering birthday number 1! Happy birthday to your DD- what did she say about all those balloons??

MustardFan- hi! Yay for fitting into 8's! That is awesome- I can't wait to join you there!

mamakat- Holy cow, you social butterfly, you! :lol: That's awesome!

jomatho- I'm with you- I've been doing well in calories, but not really making the best nutritional choices lately. I need to get my behind in gear and bust out the slow cooker! Yay for getting your bathroom painted!

Melissa- you are doing everything right. Keep it up and the scale must eventually bow to your will. ;)

Diana- How are you doing, well into your early day? Did the pot of coffee do its job? I'm going to be just like that tomorrow- its a Saturday but I have to be to work at 6:45 am to go to a conference. I'm totally grabbing coffee on the way.

happyday- welcome! :welcome: You are starting out pretty much where I was, and with a similar goal. This is a wonderful place to be. Everyone is awesome!

solarplant- glad you got your hug. :)

Krystal- how are the abs coming?

Kayla- hello! :wave:

ruth135- hello! How is your day going?

Hello to everyone I might have missed! Hope you all are rockin it out today! I know I am!

Oh, and happy Friday! Happy Veterans Day! And last but not least, happy Ultimate Wish day!

ItsMyTurn 11-11-2011 05:10 PM

mamakat - thank you. I am determined to keep the fire under my butt lit, but direct that towards something positive. The best spite is to silently use the emotion towards something good and not give them the satisfaction of knowing how this effected me

Still - I am glad you are seeing numbers that have been strangers to ya :) It's about time you got reacquainted!!! Thank you also for the encouragement... I keep telling myself I will bust out a kickin' workout tonight.. it will do me good and help keep me in check.

happyday 11-11-2011 05:22 PM

Hi Still! THank you so much for the welcome.....I am having a very hard time kicking pregnancy weight ( Its been 3 years:)) I was just wondering was there anything that seemed to kick start your weight loss? Do you calorie count? Thanks so much!

berryblondeboys 11-11-2011 06:24 PM

Itsmyturn I am SOOOOOOOO sorry. I watched my best friend go through something similar. She kept applying internally for over 5 years and kept getting passed over. I ached for her so bad, but she was able to find the determination to show them that they were wrong and eventually, yes eventually she got the job internally and now she is uber happy.

Since I used to work with a lot of mediation stuff in universities, I tend to try to look at things from all angles. Of course, i can't know your exact situation, but my guess is that they felt really bad for passing over you again. They probably waited for the other person to accept before turning you down (again), but they are also trying to keep you because they do feel you are a great asset. I believe they truly believe that, but they had to choose and that someone else very well could have had an edge over you (more experience, military, minority, special skills you don't have and they do, etc - all of that can and does come into play with hiring). But that doesn't mean they don't like you. And it was probably very close and a very hard decision for them to make. I don't think they were trying to jack you around... just trying to make the best decisions they could for the company and the people involved. (I've done hiring too - it's never easy).

The best thing you can do, yes, is to keep proving your worth and well, keeping your options open. remember, you owe this job nothing, so if there is something better that turns up, snap it up. You owe yourself something - not anyone else outside your family. Hugs to you... I know it's hard.

IsabellaOlivia 11-11-2011 07:39 PM

Monday: 1595 calories.
Tuesday: 797 calories
Wednesday:974 cals and 180 exercise cals.
Thursday: 1702
Friday: 1103

My cal goal is 1400 a day. This week has been really uneven due to my sleeping issues messing up my schedule.

still 11-11-2011 08:24 PM

happyday- I do calorie count, and its been vital to my weight loss. I use a calorie counter (MFP) on my iPod touch so I can calorie count wherever I go. I also have decreased my sugar intake by a ton (I was a sugar junkie). Exercise is huge for me as well- I've noticed that working out (average 3x/week) plus calorie counting does way more for me than just counting. And finally (and sometimes most important) I come here and hang out in this thread! What's your plan?

happyday 11-11-2011 10:14 PM

HI Still - I absolutely love that I found this thread, its so motivating to see everyones accomplishments and for me to be accountable daily. I think thats been my problem in the past is that I watch my diet for a few days then go back to old eating habits. Thank you for telling me whats working for you. Currently I just found an aerobic class which I plan on going to 4 times a week and I also use a stairmaster when I can. I used to be an avid runner but with this extra weight its too much on my knees. I am definatly going to calorie count and exercise and I too am a sugar junkie sometimes I dont even realize how much sugar I am eating during the day but I will for sure become more accountable for that as well. congrats on your weight loss thats wonderful!

Diana3271 11-11-2011 10:32 PM

Quick post since it's so late. I have a couple more things to do before bed. I will have more time to keep up with everyone tomorrow.

Itsmyturn :hug: Keep thinking positive! :hug:

Still Yep, the coffee got me through! :coffee2:

Total Approx 1540 + :coffee:

Breakfast (365 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
high fiber English muffin 100 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Natures Own 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Rounds 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 calories
1/2 TBS Hellman's light mayonnaise/Lettuce 25 calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (800 Calories)
Turkey wrap 400 calories
steamed veggies 100 calories
fruit cup 100 calories
ice cream 200 calories

Exercise:
Slim Series Tear It Up w/5's, 8's, & 10's
TF HIIT 25

solarplant 11-11-2011 11:50 PM

I just did an awesome job at replying to this thread on the wrong thread. ;)

I fixed it and let me copy paste what I really wrote here:

@Itsmyturn Ugh, I'm sorry. Your employer sucks. If you are so important, they should give you what you want! :hug:

Today I presented my project to the director at the large company. It went very well. I should get some paperwork here soon.

Otherwise, today no exercise for me. Tomorrow i'm going to go to zumba twice! At 8 am and 9AM, wooo dancing.

Tonight food wise, I had some cereal and yogurt for breakfast, a chicken salad sans dressing for lunch, and we went to get indian food for dinner. I made sure to not over eat. I tried a little of the two dishes we had, no rice, and had about 1 naan. I think overall, today was not a horrible calorie day. I knew we were going out to dinner so I had a light lunch.

redballoon 11-12-2011 01:11 AM

Hi, people. I'm looking for support. Trying to lose about 40 lbs and just feeling discouraged because...oh, you know the usual. I've lost and gained the same 10 lbs over and over again. My weight stabilizes at about 72 kg or a bit more. From mid-October I've lost a whopping 1.8 kg, about 4 lbs and though it was good to do that, I am in that danger area of not being happy with the little I've taken off and ready to just crumble into my usual state of "Oh, what's the point?"

Don't know if you welcome new people, but thought I'd ask....

Diana3271 11-12-2011 06:27 AM

Good Morning, Everyone! :wave: I hope you have a great weekend!

Well, I went to be too late and woke up too early. :(

Weigh In: 144.2
Down: 1.2 pounds

solarplant Congrats on your project! Enjoy your Zumba class today!

redballoon Hi and Welcome! :wave:

happyday 11-12-2011 08:24 AM

Hello everyone....I am down my first pound:) Its a nice way to start the weekend yesterday I ate 1600 calories and exercised on stairmaster burning 250 calories.....

welcome red balloon I too just joined and am really enjoying the thread!

berryblondeboys 11-12-2011 08:25 AM

Another random .2 up on the scale - pretty much following my normal pre-ovulation pattern. Why does it have to be that way??? How it is possible to eat right and exercise and gain day after day? It's so weird and then a big WHOOSH of all that darn water when the hormones calm back down. I always think, "Maybe this month I can do enough to not allow any gain". Well, the best I've managed is keeping it about 2 lbs of a gain - that's it! LOL

mamakat 11-12-2011 08:31 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

redballoon :welcome: come right in :)

solar I hope you enjoy dancing those calories away :)

Diana good morning. I crashed last night and don't even remember taking my nightly snack(20 pills) :p I thought I heard mumbling (DH went to a corduroy party so I can't be sure) in the middle of the night, but I couldn't be bothered. When I woke to take the thyroid pill, I saw that indeed I took last nights stuff too. I must have been tired :p I hope you have a relaxing day.

Good morning to all those who haven't woken up yet. The sun is up, time to get moving. That means me too. All this talk of walking and exercising and I still haven't done it again.

Like I thought I drove here and there many times yesterday. I have three loads of laundry to fold and put away. And still I have not caught up. Argh, I really can't miss a day let alone a week!

So DH had a corduroy party last night which meant he had to wear corduroy. He asked me to hit the second hand stores. At one I found two pair of decent size 16 pants and a red sweater...is winter, I can always use a sweater. When I got home I put the pants on...I was shocked. Nope, they didn't fit, well they did, sort of. I could get them both on easily; butt and thighs no prob. It was the belly. As squishy as it is, its still needs to lose some. The funny thing is my belly was never my problem, sure it was fat, but I had to buy pants to get over my butt and then I'd have a huge waist band. SO I'm not sure how I'm feeling about this. I'm happy that I'll be in those pants by next week and that my butt and thighs are shrinking :) But I hate flabby belly...and I worry after 4 surgeries, it's not going to snap back. Oh well we'll see.

Got a compliment or a notice. My DS has a friend who is 6'2-4" and like 250. He's been working hard to lose weight. He and I tell each other our strategies and what not. Well on Friday out of the blue he tells me, you know all that weight I lost, I gained it all back. I told it was a hard change (especially at that age). He said I looked good. I told him I made it to the teens and he just shouted he wanted to be there. I told he could be too if he just worked on it. It's sort of weird for me to be a kind of role model in this department. But it's nice too, as no one in my family appreciates the efforts, you know?

Side note: DH is still losing weight and eating low carb. He had me buy a jacket b/c he didn't think he could wear his pants. Luckily both of them together looked nice...he fit :)

Diana3271 11-12-2011 08:41 AM

Mama Congrats on the compliment and for being a WL role model!

Berry I used to gain 5-10 pounds during TTOM. If I can keep it below 3 now, I am happy.

happyday Congrats on the pound!

Moondance 11-12-2011 10:21 AM

Happy Saturday!

Another birthday and the office party down, one birthday to go. I did fine at the birthday at an itialian place...had the chicken ceasar salad (which was darn small considering the $7.00 price). The office dinner party took some planning...I ate some salmon and peas & corn before we left, so I wasn't starving when I got there. I drank only diet coke (I'm not a big drinker, so no loss there), and then chose small portions of only those things I really wanted (i.e., skipped the red potatos, corn muffins, etc.). I did try one of each of the 3 desserts, but kept my portions small. I didn't feel deprived and I felt really good about myself. I have no idea how many calories I consumed, but it wasn't outrageous. I haven't weighed today, as the scale is lying to me right now. I'm afraid to confess to some of you ladies who gain a bunch of weight during TTOM because I always lose 1-3 pounds during TTOM and then gain it back. Yesterday I was down 2 pounds and I don't trust it. Today is a chore day (MamaKat--LAUNDRY!).

Kayla: Hope you're doing well staying on plan. :goodvibes:

Star: I'm so upset for you. I can feel your frustration and disapointment. I'm sorry they didn't give you the job. I hope your'e doing ok. And I hope your weekend drags too! Glad to hear your DD's nose is on th mend. :twirly:

K9: Hope you had a good Friday night at work. That video link was crazy-weird! :dizzy:

Solar: Your dinner sounds good. I used to make something similar, but haven't in many years because DH developed a shellfish allergy. Glad you got your hug! :hug: And congrats on a successful project presentation!!! :cp:

HappyDay: Welcome and congrats on your loss already!! :welcome2:

Berry: Sorry about usual weight gain. But at least since you recognize the pattern so you know it's not a permanent gain. :flow1:

Vixsin: I'm sorry you're striggling. :hug: The first right thing you did was come here! Gold's Gym sounds crazy...I wouldn't have stayed either! Having access to a trainer is enviable! Wish I had it. Your turkey sounds good...I do slow cooking of my turkey too. Actually, last year I accidently put the turkey breast side down on the rack and realized it after a couple hours cooking. So we struggled with it, but managed to turn it back over and finish cooking. Turned out to be the very best, juiciest turkey I ever had! I plan to do it on purpose next time I make a turkey :lol:

Mamakat: Glad you got so sleep in Friday...I love to too, but hardly ever do. So proud of you for having not just one, but TWO random conversations. :high: And you took a "break" from laundry...Good Job! A corduroy party? Never heard of it...what do you do...just wear corduroy? Don't worry about your belly...I'm sure it's shrinking too. It's got to feel good to be in smaller sizes. How cool that you're a role model and inspiration, particularly to a young person. All we can do is set a good example and keep encouraging them. :)

MustardFan: Congrats on the smaller size. :woohoo: I haven't bought any new clothes recently, hoping I'll go down a size (or at least fit into the tight things I have).

Diane: It's only been recently I put two and two together--PMS and insomnia. But yea, it sucks...being tired and not able to sleep. Of course we're not weird...we're special! :bubbles:

Still: Congrats again on the loss! An all-time low is so exciting!! DD loved her "Balloon Mobile" and is still driving it around filled with balloons. :joker:

RedBalloon: Welcome! The more the merrier!

Have a good weekend everyone! :D

solarplant 11-12-2011 03:26 PM

@mamakat Thanks :) I did enjoy zumba today it was a lot of fun! Also omg I have so much laundry to fold too, at least three loads. These are just my clothes for my boyfriend and me. I do laundry twice a week. 1-3 on the weekend and then just 1 midweek (for my gym clothes). Oh also, yes I just went down a pant size (a week ago?) because my butt was very saggy in the larger size, anyway in the smaller size, my butt and thighs fit but my waist is a little tight, so not too much muffin top but just a little. It's like do I want a little belly or do I want pants that make my butt non existant? Ah sizes are weird, let's hope we lose some belly fat soon!

@Moondance Woo, yeah my presentation went great! I am still happy about it today. :) There were plenty of left overs, even though I didn't buy too many mussels. We still have a little left, but sadly I never get too excited about leftovers. Today is chore day over here too!

Woo so yes I went to zumba this morning and I was dripping in sweat when the hour was over. We had a different teacher today and she was intense! Ah after that, I did core conditioning which was all difficult ab work but not a huge calorie burning type class. Then I took a shower at the gym, and bought a delicious but small salad at this make your own salad type of place. :)

Laundry time for me!

mamakat 11-12-2011 04:15 PM

A quick afternoon check :)

solarplant sounds like zumba and strength training were awesome, I'm glad. That sounds like a lot of laundry for just two people. :lol: laundry, can't live without it. I've yet to even look at it today...I will, I will :)

moondance yep, you guessed it, you wear corduroy. The guy throwing the party is artsy. We associate with a lot of artsy people (when I say we, I mean DH). It was actually a holiday (unrecognized on calendar, but DH found it on the internet). At 11.11 last night they all made wishes. It was like a New Years party, I guess. I did not go.

While walking today, DH told me that one of his friends touched him from behind, she was trying to guess who he was before looking at his face (weird). He told her, my wife would not be okay with this. She's a hoot, so it's okay, but I'm so glad I wasn't there. I don't think I'd survive that kind of touching :p I'd faint straight away. He sounded like he had a good time, I'm glad.

Also while walking several police patrolled our path. Turns out two rapes occurred in the last two days. Also two people approached middle school age kids this past week, right in my neighborhood. SO police are on high alert here. DH made me promise no more walking in the dark. I'm thinking I should look into pepper spray as well, but not even sure it's legal here. So morning or afternoon walks, or stay home and workout in my gym. It's getting chilly out anyway.

Well I'm off to fold laundry. I have dishes to do too. That's not even one of my chores :D Have a wonderful evening everyone :)

ashkunc 11-12-2011 04:34 PM

Hey everyone! So I did "okay" my first 5 days on the Wonderslim plan. I actually pretty much stayed within my calories (trying to stay within 1200 calories/day NET to lose 2 lbs/week), UNTIL last night.

I knew we were going to Chili's for dinner Fri night (my husband is a veteran and they were doing free meals for veterans), and so I worked out for over an hour and planned ahead what I was going to eat. When we got there, his friend we were meeting was running behind and then got pulled over for having a headlight out soooo we ordered the "healthiest" appetizer (bottomless chips and salsa), but refilled it like 3 times!! There were 3 of us, but still I must have consumed at least 500 calories in Chips and Salsa :-( Then I ordered a Cobb Salad, which would've been fine and kept me in the calorie range I needed to be in (if I hadn't overindulged on the chips out of sheer boredom and impatience.)

Did good this morning, went to kickboxing, had my normal shakes and supplements. Then lunch time rolls around and I realize I still have some BAKED Cheetos in the house (addicting to me). Ate the whole bag, which is over 1300 calories with my 70 calories WonderSlim chicken and noodle soup. I have issues and a LONG way to go!!! So dissapointed in myself!

WannaBeLoserAgain 11-12-2011 06:34 PM

Checking in. Have a great weekend everyone!

Diana3271 11-12-2011 08:30 PM

Hi Everyone! :wave:

ashkunc Try to get rid of the foods that cause you problems and get right back on track. :hug:

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Disastrous I tell you! :mad: I made some mahi tacos for dinner tonight. I didn't put much seasoning on the mahi. I wanted to keep my sodium low. Everything was good until I decided that I wanted more flavor and started putting taco sauce all over my tacos. :dunno: That was a total brain fart, thank you very much. :dizzy: Taco sauce/Mexican food does crazy things to me. I will definitely see a gain tomorrow morning. I will have to keep an eye on my sodium this week. Next weekend is DH's and my anniversary. We are going to my favorite steakhouse. I don't like my weight bouncing around too much when I plan to eat off plan. :lol: On top of that, I think TTOM will be starting this week.

Total Approx 1775 Calories + :coffee:

Breakfast (365 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
high fiber English muffin 100 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (360 calories)
Natures Own 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Rounds 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 calories
1/2 TBS Hellman's light mayonnaise/Lettuce 25 calories
Iced coffee w/sweet 'n low + cream 50 calories
Steamed broccoli 125 calories

Dinner (1050 Calories)
2 tortillas 200 calories
1/4 c. 2% sharp cheddar cheese 80 calories
2 different sauces 100 calories :devil:
grilled mahi 270 calories
lettuce/tomato 50 calories
1/8 apple pie 350 calories

Exercise:
Cathe's Kick Max w/weighted gloves

berryblondeboys 11-12-2011 08:36 PM

Don't have much time tonight, but the bodypump class today was HARD. The routines usually have a break for a few seconds in the reps, but this guy didn't give those. Plus, I think he chose the hardest songs from past releases to really push us. By the end, I couldn't even do all the crunches and I NEVER have problems doing the ab work in bodypump. I was just SPENT. But, that means I did enough. Not sore yet, but we'll see how I feel tomorrow morning.

Eating was fine today. I WANTED to eat more for dinner, but didn't. It was way yummy! Mmmm.... Even MIL took seconds. But she told DH that she's missing beans. Instead of her OFFERING to make us beans sometime soon, Sven relayed the message to me, so I'll make some beans soon. Which is OK with me too, but now I'm taking food orders? Egad... But... we should be eating more beans anyway, so I'll comply.

BUSY day tomorrow with ending the silent auction I'm running, teaching Sunday School and running a service project. I'll be wiped out tomorrow with no exercise. Monday I'll do some spinning I think.

shishkeberry 11-13-2011 01:30 AM

Hey everyone! I'm still around and still working at it. You know how it is where you have a few bad days and then you're too embarrassed to come back? It happened to me on DF's birthday weekend. I got back on track with counting my calories, but I stopped coming here. And then the longer I was gone the harder it was to come back.

I've been having some stalls and I quit smoking two days ago after attempting C25K and feeling like my lungs were going to explode. This has been really hard, but today was easier than yesterday. It's not having the after-meal cigarettes that are killing me. I'm at 232.2, even though I did see 229.8 once.

Not a whole lot going on in my life lately. We're having my son evaluated for ADHD (I think I mentioned before that we suspected it) and I should have the results and treatment ideas soon. I found a place to take him for behavioral therapy that I like a lot better than the last place we went. We never saw the same doctor twice! :dizzy: My daughter now walks more than she crawls. She's waving bye, playing peekaboo, and blowing kisses. It makes me wish I had done baby sign language with her like I did with my son.

I'm trying new recipes (like we had chicken cordon bleu tonight, never made it before)...I think I saw that K9 posted about the squash bake. The link you posted sounds good, but I think I like mine with allspice the best. We had it again tonight :T

I'm going easy on myself when it comes to eating at a deficit and watching the scale since I'm not smoking anymore. I'm just trying really hard to stay at least a little under maintenance. I adjusted my goals on MFP so that I'm losing 1.5lb a week instead of 2.

So, hello everyone! I've missed all of you (though I've still been talking to some on MFP). I hope everyone has been doing well with their plans and that Halloween didn't screw anyone up too badly.

shishkeberry 11-13-2011 01:49 AM

Oh, I also have some NSVs to share. I'm now wearing a size 16w, down from a possible 24 when I started in May. I was squeezing myself into size 22s in denial, but I was probably a 24 or maybe even a 26. But I can now wear 16w comfortably.

A week or two ago I realized I could feel my collar bones and when I lay down I can feel my ribs.

I'm also finally noticing the difference myself. I caught sight of myself in the mirror and couldn't believe how small I looked to myself. I mean, I'm still not small, but I was noticeably smaller.

ItsMyTurn 11-13-2011 06:40 AM

redballoon - :welcome: You can do this, and having support helps :)

happyday - That's excellent! Great job!

Moondance - Thank you so much. And yes, DD's nose is healing nicely :lol: I am trying like heck to move on from the disappointment, but this is now a year and a month that I have been applying for jobs within the company to move - and this one was under supervisors who KNOW what I actually accomplish, and if they won't even hire me, I have had to face the fact I am moving nowhere fast there. Needless to say, been kind of hiding out. Fitting in workouts, watching what I eat... just secluding myself a bit with the family - reorganizing my thoughts :)

solarplant - sounds like you got in a super workout! Awesome!

Mamakat - I am glad the police are patrolling the area more heavily at least. Scary thought that things like that can happen so close to home

ash - I am so sorry! Best advice is to get the junk out and keep it out. Look at how hard you are working though, don't be too hard on yourself, for today is a new day (and now the Cheetohs are gone) :)

Melissa - Don't be hard on your body for the gain during this time... at least you know your pattern and that you will end up in the losing column ;)

shish - you are quitting smoking, it's not an easy task... be easy on yourself and save the embarrassment for if you tuck your skirt into your undies ;) :lol: Great job on the NSVs!!! :)

As for me - still trying to work through disappointment (not with weight/fitness) and been hiding out a bit. Working out, staying on task for eating (tough one, but did manage to do it), and just trying to get through my own thoughts. I get weird like this when things pile up too much on me, but I pull out. I need that seclusion, that time - it helps keep me thinking logically instead of allowing the emotions to overpower. The sleep thing isn't working out too well though, slept a few hours thanks to Melatonin, but back up now. I will say, big step for me not to turn to a comfort food at this time (these were the moments where large weight gain would happen in short spurts... I never eat much UNTIL something like this pushes me over...then with a turtle-paced metabolism, on goes 5-7Lbs)... and instead I have made sure to go get some fruits and such to have at my fingertips and when it's frustration, I am working it out. Still letting my body be my judge on what happens like I used to - only now it's grapes, not raspberry danish... it's a workout instead of crying/eating.... seems to be working well :)

redballoon 11-13-2011 07:01 AM

Thanks for all the welcomes, everyone! This thread gets SO much traffic though, I am never going to be able to keep up. I'll try though! :dancer:

Today so far, and it's nearly 8 p.m. Sunday here already, has been good! I've been good. Watched the food, went to the gym, walked, and ate stuff I'd frozen but recently don't eat when I should. So, this was a good day. ::yay:

Diana -- Thanks for the welcome! :spin: And congrats on your weight loss! Pretty dog! Wow, I just looked at your weight stats. You have lost a lot! Wow! :woohoo: Magnificent!!! Three cheers! :bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

happy day -- Thank you. Good on the pound loss! Sounds like you're right on track!

mamakat -- Thanks for the welcome! :yes: Congratulations on your weight loss! :cp: So many people are doing so well! I am going to have to kick A! :kickbutt:

Moondance -- Thanks! A Van Morrison fan perhaps? I just put it on in your honor. ;)

Well, I've got to turn in. Up early Monday. Hello to everyone I didn't personally say hi to! Hope to get to know you all better soon. :wave:

:sumo:

mamakat 11-13-2011 07:22 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

Diana How are you doing? Did the taco sauce do any damage...once again you should have given me a heads up on what you were about to say...Brain fart, for some reason, made me laugh hysterically :rofl: I do hope though all is well. :)

Shish glad you're back! I'm glad you are quitting smoking too. It's very hard to do and I'm proud of you. I wish you, much success. :hug: Awesome job on the NSVs. Keep up the great work. :)

ItsMyTurn you inspire. Egads, I would have turned to cake days ago. I would have been in a funk, raging at anyone and everyone, not exercising one bit, but you...you turned it into a positive. I so get needing alone time to think things out. Sometimes its just safer to separate, that way you won't lash out and others won't be hurt (feelings). Again, smart thinking...that never happens in my family as no one ever leaves me alone :p I'm glad you didn't have to run away from home, like me. You can get through this, that I'm sure of. :hug:

ashkunc sorry about the bad days, we all have them. I agree with the others, you should oust the unhealthy snacks. Neither you nor your DH needs them, so you shouldn't bring them in...they only tempt and destroy. You've got to police yourself when your in a "sane" moment so that when you go "insane" for the bad stuff, they're not handy. :) Don't beat yourself up. In order to learn, sometimes we must make mistakes, right?

As usual no plans for me. Its gloomy out so chances are no 4 mile walk. DH's hip went out yesterday. I talked him through it. He told me where the pain was and how it was moving. I told him where to expect it :) Then he proceeded to fall asleep half on half off the bed. SO I don't that kid has it in him to do any form of exercise :lol: I think I'll bike today or maybe elliptical. I'll do something.

Right now however, another chapter has been whirling in my head, keeping me up all stinking night. I didn't get up as I know clicking on the keyboard drives me crazy, I didn't want to disturb DH. So I'm off to write. To be a novel, you must have 150k words. I'm already to 80k. Not bad. I haven't written anything let alone a novel since 2008. I was worried it was gone...meds sometimes do that. Writing has always been my world, til the kids came along, then it became number 2. Then when I had the hand surgeries, and they didn't work, ugh, I got scared. SO I can't express how elated I am that it's back, and I'm back ((happy dance)). But it does keep me from other things.

I confess I never got to the laundry yesterday! Man, I will never ever catch up.

Have a wonderful and healthy day.

mamakat 11-13-2011 07:30 AM

redballoon good morning (or whatever time it is in Tokyo...I can't figure out America's stinking time zones, I'd never figure out what time it is across the ocean :)) I'm glad you had a good day yesterday. It sounds like you planned things out with the frozen meals. That's a very good idea. Keep up the great work and you'll have a ticker that shows great progress, just remember it takes time, that darn thing doesn't move on its own :p For awhile, mine wouldn't move at all...but we must trudge through. Enjoy your day or night :)

berryblondeboys 11-13-2011 07:48 AM

In a real hurry this morning, but I have a new low!!!! Finally! It will probably disappear as ovulation rears it's head, but it's a preview of what's to come! 179.0!!! Down 1.8 from yesterday! WOohoo!!!

Now, off to my whirlwind Sunday morning/early afternoon.

Vixsin 11-13-2011 08:07 AM

Thank you for your post Starbrite. It hit home for me as I have slid down that slope a bit too and am trying to claw my way back up. LOL

196.0 today. Yesterday I ended up having lunch at a buffet restaurant. Wow, was that a real eye opening experience. I did have some tastes of a few things and then had a freshly grilled piece of tilapia, (that was unfortunately cooked in something buttery/oily) and a HUGE salad. Went to a rollerskating birthday party but only got to skate for maybe 30 mins. :( It was a challenging day for food, but I felt good about what I ate. I could remember everything I put into my mouth so I KNOW I am on the right track. No mindless, trying to sneak it in kind of stuff! I'm proud!!

The plan for today is a busy one as usual. Church later this morning, groceries, lots of laundry. I have the need to scour my house again. I'd love to get the backyard raked today too. It seems like it's going to be a nice day.

Breaky today was cinnamon oatmeal mixed with fruit and nut granola, with a cheese stick and I';ll have an apple before we leave. 490 cals so far today. The plan for lunch is to cook up some chicken breast that I have in the fridge and maybe put it on a salad or steam some baby carrots to go with it.

Diana3271 11-13-2011 08:24 AM

Good Morning, Everyone! :wave:

Yep, it happened! I had a 2.4 pound gain from . . . . Taco sauce! :devil:

Calories for yesterday: 1775 (high sodium) + :coffee:

Weigh In: 146.6

Up: 2.4 pounds :yikes:

Diana3271 11-13-2011 08:51 AM

Shishkeberry Congrats on quitting smoking and the NSV's! :carrot:

Itsmyturn Hi! :wave: You are doing a great job of working through your emotions in a positive way! :bravo:

Redballoon Thank you. Please don't feel you always have to do personals or you can't participate. Sometimes we just get too busy in our personal lives. Do what you can do.

Mamakat The taco sauce was more than passing a little air. It was a freakin' kaboom! :bomb: Or as DH describes it "a blow out". :rofl: Congrats on working on another chapter!

Berry Congrats on the new low! :congrats: :carrot: Enjoy your busy day!

Vixsin Hang in there. Get back to working your plan. It has worked before. It will work again.