Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-18-2011, 09:52 PM   #16  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

Menopause and whacked out hormones can cause all kinds of havoc.

Stick with your plan and I would highly suggest, you see your Dr. and get your hormones checked.

I've had the hormone **** thing, had a hysterectomy at 30.

I've been bouncing around as well, have 2 lousy pounds to lose to make goal. Been bouncing with those 2 pounds for 6 weeks.

Mostly lax on my part.
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 10:22 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 178/162/140

Height: 5'7"

I know that people will probably argue with me, but sometimes, what helps me is one really calorie rich meal, like a burger or something else rich in fats and proteins. It seems that my metabolism goes into a state of shock, and then the weight starts coming off again.

Dunno if there's any scientific fact to back up my experience, and it does sound like an oxymoron to eat a fatty meal when you want to lose more weight, but I found that it helps!
MustardFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 11:33 AM   #18  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnP View Post
First of all I'm shocked that you're 48. You have such an exuberant style of posting I thought you were in your mid 20s for sure. (This is meant as a compliment in case I am not being clear)
HA! Yeah, I've always said it's not how old you are, it's how immature you act (thanks for the compliment!!!)

Quote:
On topic ... you need to check the math that calculator is spitting out. How could a 350 change (difference between 1800 and 1450) add up to a 1-2 lb loss per week?

As for your problem ... if you're not very active 1500 could be your maintinence level. Very difficult for anyone to judge. My suggestion would be to keep tracking it and wait a couple weeks before making any changes unless you want to eat less in which case ... go for it.

Are you lifting weights? If not this might be a good time to start. I can give you a lot of reasons but I believe weight lifting is the best fat loss exercise around.
Yes, I do lift weights (been doing that since my 20's) altho I haven't been the last couple months - time to get back to that, of course! However, I admit that I'm not as exercise-heavy this time around as I was in my 20's & 30's.
Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 11:35 AM   #19  
Wastin' Away Again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustardFan View Post
I know that people will probably argue with me, but sometimes, what helps me is one really calorie rich meal, like a burger or something else rich in fats and proteins. It seems that my metabolism goes into a state of shock, and then the weight starts coming off again.

Dunno if there's any scientific fact to back up my experience, and it does sound like an oxymoron to eat a fatty meal when you want to lose more weight, but I found that it helps!
I do that about once per week, usually a cheeseburger w/some fries. It doesn't seem to be doing an harm, nor any good.
Old 10-19-2011, 11:35 AM   #20  
Wastin' Away Again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shcirerf View Post
Menopause and whacked out hormones can cause all kinds of havoc.
don't I know it!!!
Old 10-19-2011, 08:54 PM   #21  
STREET DOG

S/C/G: 231/230/145

Height: 5'8"

I stuck around 89kg for at least a month. In retrospect, I don't think I was off plan with my food, but I wasn't exercising all that much. One day, with no conscious change in my efforts, the scale started moving down again. I hope I don't see another stall than long any time soon!
Kahokkuri is offline   Reply With Quote