Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2011, 05:25 PM   #91  
Starting again

S/C/G: 289/ticker/128

Height: 5'4"

Oh, and I noticed a NSV today. This morning as I was walking down the stairs, I realized that my ankles didn't hurt anymore. I used to dread getting up in the morning (and actually slept on the couch sometimes) because it would hurt so bad to walk down the stairs in the morning. I haven't even thought about my ankles in weeks.
Old 10-19-2011, 06:33 PM   #92  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

shish, my DH's bday is Friday also. Congrats on the new low and how cool that you are even less than when you met your DF. A whole new experience for you both I hope you enjoy the Olive Garden.
Old 10-19-2011, 07:17 PM   #93  
Starting again

S/C/G: 289/ticker/128

Happy birthday to your DH, mamakat! This is a busy time of year for birthdays in my circle. Yesterday was my best friend and his daughter, Friday is DF, Sunday is my mom, and next Thursday is my brother.
Old 10-19-2011, 07:19 PM   #94  

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishkeberry View Post
Oh, and I noticed a NSV today. This morning as I was walking down the stairs, I realized that my ankles didn't hurt anymore. I used to dread getting up in the morning (and actually slept on the couch sometimes) because it would hurt so bad to walk down the stairs in the morning. I haven't even thought about my ankles in weeks.
That is awesome!!! Love it!

And did you have to mention the f word? I love f#@ge!!!

Last edited by jomatho; 10-19-2011 at 07:20 PM.
Old 10-19-2011, 07:36 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 320/231/200

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomatho View Post
Larry, How do you like the calorie cycling? You have been at it for a while so I guess you must like it. I was contemplating on doing that to get around the days I am super hungry versus the days I am not as hungry. Of course, I seem to have more hungry days than not!
I like it. I am in my 14th week of calorie cycling!!

Pro: It seems a more natural way of eating. I am varying my calorie intake instead of aiming for 1500 on the nose each day I aim for a weekly average of 1500 per day. I don't vary to the extreme my lowest day is 1200 cal and my highest is 1800 cal. I believe that would be OK to have a wider variance I just do not do it. Depending on the circumstance I will change which day of the week is highest or which day is lowest providing when Sunday rolls around my daily average for the week is 1500. I do not try to hit 1500 exactly on the nose I just try to be close at weeks end. I hate, hate hate overly restrictive diets and calorie cycling helps provide a sense of freedom in my weekly meal choices.

Con: It is harder to track my calories using calorie cycling. I must remember which day I am on and how many calories are my target for that particular day. I use a computer resident software program called "Weight By Date Pro" to track my foods and exercise and I change the goal each day up or down as need be. On low calorie days especially I have to be creative with mid meal snacks. I love apples as a snack but at 110 calories each for a large apple with skin they can quickly use up my snack calorie allowance. So on the low days I tend to snack on Radishes, Sliced Cucumbers or Celery. I was told when I started this that while calorie cycling provides same total amount of calories per week, in my case 1500 per day average for the week it was supposed to 'trick' your body's metabolism by the constantly changing daily calories. This was supposed to help prevent or break plateaus. I have not experienced this happening although it may for others.

Pros and cons considered I intend to continue calorie cycling because of the freedom and flexibility it gives me with my food choices.

I hope this helps.

Larry,
Old 10-19-2011, 08:21 PM   #96  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Total Approx 1390 Calories +

Breakfast (365 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
high fiber English muffin 100 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Natures Own 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Rounds 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 calories
1/2 TBS Hellman's light mayonnaise/Lettuce 25 calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (650 Calories)
Applebee's Grilled Dijon & Portabello Chicken w/red potatoes & steamed veggies 550 calories
Extra order Steamed Veggies 100 calories

Exercise:
KCM's 30 MTF Kickboxing (1st workout)
Amy Dixon's Breathless Body
Old 10-19-2011, 09:17 PM   #97  

S/C/G: 320/231/200

Height: 5' 6"

Is anyone else tracking nutrients? If so I would be interested in what your goals are?

Mine are:

Calories 1500
Total fat (g) 33
Carbs (g) 206
Protein (g) 93
Fiber (g) 25
Sodium (mg) 1500
Cholesterol (mg) 225
Percent Calories from Carbs 55%
Percent Calories from Fats 30%
Percent Calories from Protein 15%

Larry,
Old 10-19-2011, 09:27 PM   #98  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

I had a great day today. I hope all of you did as well

Today’s Menu
PB2 Oats: 223
Chicken Shiratake Bowl, Grapes, Cottage Cheese: 450
Homemade Chili Caesar Salad, dessert: 722
Total: 1395

I was pressing hard to make my cals today, but I am not hungry for anything else. I only ate dessert tonight to boost my cals past 1000 (It was 300 cals).

+ K9 walk: 480
Water: 88+ oz (I lost track)

I made chili today. It has turned really frigid here! We had 89 Sunday and 40 today!! Great equation for SICKNESS!!
I used a “chili starter” and didn’t realize it had so much sodium in it until AFTER I dumped it in the pot
I will experience a water weight gain tomorrow for sure b/c my Na++ yest was 2989 & today it was 3384
Each 1 cup serving has 958 mg of Na++.
Live and learn—Jo!!
Old 10-19-2011, 09:33 PM   #99  
~Krystal~

Larry
I just changed my nutrients in MFP today to reflect these new goals

Cals 1450
Fat: 48 g
Carbs: 145g
Protein: 109g
Fiber: 30g
Sodium: 2500mg
Cals from Carbs: 40%
Cals from Protein: 30%
Cals from Fat: 30%
Old 10-19-2011, 09:39 PM   #100  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Ok I feel like doo-doo. Hubby is on his way home now (plane is just landing), but I need to go to bed. This cold is ZAPPING ME!!! And made me hungry. I ate 1830 calories today AND no exercise AND much of what I ate wasn't even good food because i couldn't be bothered with good food.

I guess 1830 isn't "horribly" but it's 400 over what I shoot for and with already gaining so much water weight this week, why am I adding to the burden? I think I'm holding even more water too, if that's possible.

I feel like crap, I'm mad at having all this water weight and these daily headaches from the muscle strain - which resting/not exercising isn't helping AT ALL in it getting better. I am just feeling very, very defeated which is so not like me - at all. GRRRR>...

OK... hopefully Sven will cuddle me when he comes home... but I have to be careful not to give him my cold.

Editing to add: scale says 193.4 this evening. How cruel can this antibiotic be? Even if I lose the 2 lbs I "usually" lose in a night, that still doesn't take me below 190. And what is worse, I feel so thirsty, yet I'm holding all this water, so why do I feel so thirsty? This is horrible. I was 5 lbs from goal and just getting to my whoosh part of the month and then BAM!!!!! I've gained 12-13 pounds in a week.

Last edited by berryblondeboys; 10-19-2011 at 10:00 PM.
Old 10-19-2011, 10:17 PM   #101  
~Krystal~

Melissa: I sure hope you feel better soon! (& your family)
Old 10-20-2011, 06:25 AM   #102  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Good Morning Everyone

Berry I hope you feel better today. I hope Sven made it home safely and that you got some quality "cuddling". When mom is sick, the house becomes unbalanced isn't that funny? Sort of makes you feel important

Krystal I was craving chili yesterday, weird my cravings usually lean to sweets, but I wanted chili. Of course I wouldn't know how to make it and DH already made our dinner (ribs) so I'll live through you, was it good?

Shish October has always been busy with us as well. DH on Friday, my mom was the 24th and her last marriage ann. was same date, DH's grandfather (101) wedding ann. is the 31 (although grammy is no longer with us it's nice to remember) and I'm pretty sure FIL is in there somewhere. I of course have a hard time remembering any of these. Little funny fact about people with Bipolar, they had hard time with remembering numbers. I have to write every number down...including phone and ss. When I'm asked "when is your children's bday", I have to think hard to recall and I never say 3-20-96 as I can never remember the month's # so I always say March. People ask how I don't know my own child's bday...well for the first 7 of my daughter's life we didn't celebrate bdays and then after that my Bipolar was during the first year 2001 my Bipolar was triggered. Needless to say everyone except mine has their bday's in the 20's which is hard to keep straight. I only worry about my 3 DH does the rest

AFM My scale went down a little from yesterday, but still not down to the 60 mark. Sort of glad I didn't change my goal saying I met it. Maybe tomorrow. DH said he might have to stay over in Boston for another night. He had to work with the Chinese yesterday which was hard and frustrating. They had to text back and forth using a computer linguist. I'm not even sure how people in China are involved in something in Boston, but with the hour differences I'm amazed they were awake to even be available AND work with computers/linguist to work back and forth. DH complained, but I find it cool. LOL I live a sheltered life.

Have a wonderful and Healthy day everyone!
Old 10-20-2011, 06:47 AM   #103  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Morning all. My head is full of gunk, but I had to get up to go pee 3 times during the night and had to pee a lot, so I'm lost 4.5 pounds overnight for a new 'low' of 189.0. Seems the water weight is making it's way out and at least didn't take me over 190 in the meantime to mess with my head even more.

My head feels huge and plugged, but oh well, it's a cold. Hubby got home safely, but I was mostly asleep and didn't pay much attention to his arrival - just enough to tell him about homemade soup if he wanted it.

Today is a new day, right?
Old 10-20-2011, 06:53 AM   #104  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

I have some serious hamstring DOMS going on! I have been sore since my workout on Tuesday!

Weigh In: 144
Down: .8

Berry I'm sorry to hear that cold has take a hold of you. I hope you feel better by the weekend. Sending healing vibes your way. :
Old 10-20-2011, 06:59 AM   #105  

Morning all! Wet, cold, windy and very dreary here today (and yesterday). That means no walk this morning, boo! We skipped yesterday too because I had to take DS to the orthodontist and allergy shot first thing yesterday morning. I hope we can get one in tomorrow, I miss it! Especially with the weather getting a little colder, you get that warm cheek glow when you come back in the warm house. I will hop on the treadmill today after I do my weights routine I guess. I think weights today is shoulders and back so maybe I will be able to knock out my favorite interval (HIIT) routine without it being too much on my legs.
So the really crappy news is that we have our last fb game tonight in this terrible weather. I was really looking forward to this last game too, boo!
Okay, enough of the weather ruining my plans, on a good note, the scale has come down 2 more pounds of my lasagne sodium gain. I am at 179, one more pound to get back to my low. I think my hormones are shifting again, so hopefully I can lose a little weight this week. Come on 178 and below
I guess I should count my blessings, looks like a lot of power outages around me this morning. That would be much, much worse! Oh my goodness, my treadmill wouldn't work

Larry, I will get back with you on those target numbers!
Mama, good morning!
Diana, good morning!
Berry, take care of that cold and feel better soon!
Closed Thread