Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-05-2011, 12:21 PM   #61  
Miss Nikki

S/C/G: 278/278/160

Height: 5'7"

I hate the way I am treated versus how they are treated. When we go into restaurants, they get the best and most friendly service. I get the "you're a waste of my time" grump service from the same waiters.
MissNikki930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 12:36 PM   #62  
Miss Motivated

S/C/G: 170/170/140

Height: 5'5

what I HATE about being the fat one, well there's 2 things. first, when i lostt alot of weight years ago, my guy friends no longer wanted me to be "one of the guys" they all wanted something from me. Another, I have a friend who is skinny, but not very attractive, except her body, I mean she even has an unattractive and it bothers me how people are just so into her and not her friends because of course she likes to hang around bigger girls to look smaller. ALL of her bigger friends are 5,000% more attractive but its like, no one cares.
Ariannag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 01:34 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 223/171/150

Height: 5"3

Being tagged in pictures I look horrible in. I was the second biggest out of my girlfriends. Every time we went out I was always invisible and rarely ever got approached. I started to feel embarrassed so I just stopped going out all together on weekends. Ever since I lost weight my so called friends have avoided me like the plague. I posted new full body pics on my facebook and got a lot of positive compliments from family and acquaintances from college but absolutely none from my close friends.
MsFierceFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 02:18 PM   #64  

If my friends referred to me as "the manatee", I don't think we would be friends anymore.
girlonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 02:20 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 202/195/140

Height: 5'3"

Yup. Definitely the facebook thing. I have one friend in particular who's super skinny and gorgeous...she's loves having her pictures taken and seems to post the ones where I look like a big fat blob...there was one in particular that she posted where my back was to the camera.

Full body shot from behind. my back fat and wide load on full display...I was so humiliated. I untag myself from all of them.

Also clothes shopping is awful, I avoid it. They enjoy trying on clothes and look amazing in everything...can't wait until I can do that.
ArtyKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 04:07 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 220/148/140(ATM)

Height: 5'2" on a good day

Never knowing if the guys hitting on you want you specifically or are pranking you or are trying to score with one of your friends.

I used to refuse every guy that offered to dance with me cause of this (although I LOVED seeing the shocked look on their faces when I say no, especially when it is obvious they're messing around. Fat girl does not mean DESPERATE you arseholes!)

Although, thinking back on this I do remember a certain time when I was out with thinner/skinnier friends who were both gorgeous (and weighed less than 120) - I was in a sweatshirt and jeans with my hair in a messy bun...in a club! I was also roughly 175-180 at the time. My friends were just standing around and watching the dance floor quietly, while I on the other hand was dancing next to them since the music was getting to me. We stood there for nearly two hours and I was the only one who had a guy approach and keep trying to talk to me, even after I blanked him a few times. At first I thought he was playing the wingman routine or wanted me to introduce him to the girls, but he never once mentioned them or sidled over their way...I have to admit that experience did make me realize that attitude was pretty powerful (even more so than weight and clothes!)

Finally sexy pictures. A lot of my female friends show me the sexy pictures they send their beau (sometimes even the semi-nude ones). Or seeing them wear short shorts and still look fantastic. I admit every time I see them like that I get pangs of jealousy. I will never be that smooth even at my thinnest because my thighs are incredibly dimply with elephant-like skin and covered in cellulite. I have loose skin on my biceps (batwings) and even after a tummy tuck I STILL have wrinkly skin on my stomach. I am not even 27 yet and I will never be able to show off my hardwork. I admit that sometimes it makes me wonder why I even try to lose weight...

Last edited by DesertTabby; 12-05-2011 at 04:09 PM.
DesertTabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 08:28 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 187/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

I hate that my skinny friend says oh I found these in my closet they are too big for me.. when she knows they arent my size. When I say, I dont wear this size, she says well keep them maybe some day you will... I hate being fat
mgruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 02:18 AM   #68  

S/C/G: 202/195/140

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgruce View Post
I hate that my skinny friend says oh I found these in my closet they are too big for me.. when she knows they arent my size. When I say, I dont wear this size, she says well keep them maybe some day you will... I hate being fat
I had an acquaintance, not even a friend, offer me some clothes. I asked what size they were, and she said large..adding "I've never been skinny, I've always been a big girl." Like she was defending the size, embarrassed about it. They were my size.

Another, I hate when my skinny friends complain about how fat they are. In front of me. And then expect me, twice their size, to say "ooohhh, you're not fat!"

Or, if I complain, the response "You're not THAT big."
ArtyKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 12:50 AM   #69  
No regrets

S/C/G: Fat/169/160

Height: 5'8

I was sitting on a bench with my friends and the 2 I adore and they always comment on my looks and we just get along the third however was sitting on bench beside me and kept whipping her cupcake icing on my legs and I said stop 3 times until finally i was like, that's enough please stop and I wiped it off and rubbed it on her thigh and she jumped up and yelled get away from me you ,fat person. I do not think my Friends heard, one might of because when we left she kept looking at me with worried stare. I just hate living in fear that some ones going to say something.....even after I have worked so hard to look different.
2 weeks ago we kicked that so called friend to the curb.

Last edited by fitterchick160; 12-21-2011 at 12:51 AM.
fitterchick160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 02:00 AM   #70  

S/C/G: Size 10-12/Size 8/Size 6

Height: Almost 5'4"

1. Clothes shopping- Trying to buy clothes is a big enough challenge for me solo, but going with a skinny friend who easily fits into and looks good in all different kinds of clothes makes it suck all the more.

2. "Fat" whining- One of my best friends is 5'8" and somewhere in the neighborhood of 130lbs and cannot shut up about being "fat". I always wear the same or bigger size as she does and I'm 4 inches shorter. In addition to making me feel fat, this is annoying because I'm not sure what she's expecting to look like. Sometimes I want to shake her and yell at her to "wake up; you're tall." For her height and build, she is skinny, but she's the only person who doesn't see it.

Last edited by January Snow; 12-21-2011 at 02:00 AM.
January Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 02:11 AM   #71  
shwerk

S/C/G: 274/158/145

Height: 5'7"

i hate not having any pictures up with them on facebook, because i was ashamed of myself and ran away from the camera
gagalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 04:34 AM   #72  

S/C/G: 202.5/189/120

Height: 5'2

Not really the fat friend anymore but I do hate that it's because she has gained not cos I've lost weight, I used to hate that I would buy a gorgeous dress and she would look better in it than me, she was so desperate to borrow one of my dresses she wore it out before I did, she actually wore it out on the night I wanted to wear it, but she convinced me to wear a different dress.
roobear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 12:05 AM   #73  
Clawing my way back

S/C/G: 290/ticker/140

Height: 5'

I used to hate going out to clubs and being ignored by the guys too, and I often became pretty depressed about it. It happened to me recently, some guys were into my friend and not me. Before I let it bother me, I asked myself, "are you actually interested in any of those guys?" I had to admit that the answer was no, so why would I care if they like me or not? Still, it does hurt sometimes when you are the one who is always passed over.

Last edited by Ookpik; 12-22-2011 at 12:08 AM.
Ookpik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 05:15 AM   #74  

S/C/G: 265/235/130

Height: 5'2"

I think everyone here pretty much summed up every reason..from shopping trips where we are made to feel ugly to getting passed over at clubs to being treated like a doormat. I no longer have people that treat me this way in my life. They were never really true friends to begin with.
Karig89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 08:52 AM   #75  
is chubby

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitterchick160 View Post
I was sitting on a bench with my friends and the 2 I adore and they always comment on my looks and we just get along the third however was sitting on bench beside me and kept whipping her cupcake icing on my legs and I said stop 3 times until finally i was like, that's enough please stop and I wiped it off and rubbed it on her thigh and she jumped up and yelled get away from me you ,fat person. I do not think my Friends heard, one might of because when we left she kept looking at me with worried stare. I just hate living in fear that some ones going to say something.....even after I have worked so hard to look different.
2 weeks ago we kicked that so called friend to the curb.
Why on earth was she smearing icing on you ???
That like sicko-idiot-weird...
Chubbykins is offline   Reply With Quote