Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-13-2011, 04:50 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 242/239/165

Height: 5'4

Default Need some motivation and support

Hi Everyone,

I am a single mother of 2 young children both beautiful little girls. I work full time and by the time I get home I am exhausted. I bought the Zumba DVD's off the tv, I have started doing that in the evenings when I am able too. Its just really difficult to get motivated when all I wanna do is crash when I get home. I want to be a good role model for my girls and lose the weight so that I will be around a long time for them. Guess Im just looking for someone on here to chat with about different things regarding weight loss and fitness..if your interested hit me up

Thanks

Kristie
sweetgyrl31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 05:02 PM   #2  
If you wanna Rock It . .

S/C/G: 248/164*low*/145

Height: 5'4"

How old are your girls? Maybe try doing the dvd's with them, I have a 2 1/2 year old and he loves doing any "essersizing" with me, particularly when he can jump or dance around . . . . .

Stick around here, you'll find lots of support and lots of help along the way.

And . . . KUDOS to you for wanting to be a healthy role model for your girls
Coondocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 05:07 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 242/239/165

Height: 5'4

My girls are 1 and 8, my oldest loves to do Zumba with me the 1 year old wants me to hold her lol. So sometimes its just crazy Thank you for your support and I hope I can lose the weight. Congrats on your weight loss also.

Kristie
sweetgyrl31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 05:15 PM   #4  
Started IP 10/21/15

S/C/G: 243/238.8/170

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coondocks View Post
How old are your girls? Maybe try doing the dvd's with them, I have a 2 1/2 year old and he loves doing any "essersizing" with me, particularly when he can jump or dance around . . . . .
What a wonderful idea!!! What better way to be a role model for them than to teach them about regular "essersizing"
PreciousMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 05:21 PM   #5  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

sweetgyrl to 3FC, this is a great place for support. I think it's great you want to be a good role model for your children. I am doing my best to do the same. I have two kids too. Although they are much older (11 & 15) I still try to get them involved in exercise and better eating habits. Believe it or not, even at this age, seeing mom do the right thing is teaching them. I wish you all the best.
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 05:44 PM   #6  
Dukanista

S/C/G: high263/current257/ticker/198

Height: 5'7"

my 7 year old boy loves to exercise with me and also, to watch me exercise. He gets mad if I use the Wii after he's in bed because then he doesn't get to watch! lol!

I'd say to try to set the 1 year old with an activity right near by - maybe a snack to keep her busy? And then Zumba with your 8 year old! my son is very active by nature and is underweight, but I still think it's great when we give our kids the message that activity like this is a regular part of daily life.

The other alternative - one which I haven't currently been able to do myself! - is to get up early in the morning and work out while your kids are still sleeping.
April Snow is offline   Reply With Quote