Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-15-2011, 05:07 PM   #61  
Pink Leopard Power

S/C/G: 351.2/ticker/185

Height: 6'0

I hate how I look and feeling embarrassed being seen by family members or high school friends I haven't seen in years. Sometimes you see that "look" like a double take on their face at how fat you've gotten and it kills!

I also hate clothes not fitting above all. I feel like I wear nothing but elasticy stretchy waste stuff... and maternity shirts O.O. I hate to spend money buying expensive "plus size" clothes that are fashionable because I think I am going to just lose weight anyways.... I just spent $100 on new fat scrubs and those are almost too tight now - I ripped a pair getting into my car one day.

I hate huffing and puffing over ONE flight of stairs.
JollyGreenSteen19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 07:31 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 266.2/See ticker/133.0

Height: 5'5

I hate being "the funny friend."
DaughterOfVenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 07:33 PM   #63  

Oh, and I hate wasting time trying everything in my closet on just to find something that doesn't make me feel completely embarrassed to be seen in.
Old 10-16-2011, 03:17 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 210/173/128

Height: 5'0"

Not doing anything because of my weight. I never want to see family or friends. I always say "I need to lose X amount before I can call that person", etc. I am putting my entire life off because of my weight.
FunSize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 08:12 PM   #65  

OH! And waking up in the morning with my feet hurting so much I can barely hobble until they warm up.
Old 10-18-2011, 05:19 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 227/243.8/146

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyGreenSteen19 View Post
I hate how I look and feeling embarrassed being seen by family members or high school friends I haven't seen in years. Sometimes you see that "look" like a double take on their face at how fat you've gotten and it kills!

I also hate clothes not fitting above all. I feel like I wear nothing but elasticy stretchy waste stuff... and maternity shirts O.O. I hate to spend money buying expensive "plus size" clothes that are fashionable because I think I am going to just lose weight anyways.... I just spent $100 on new fat scrubs and those are almost too tight now - I ripped a pair getting into my car one day.

I hate huffing and puffing over ONE flight of stairs.
Amen to just about everything you said. I hate not being able to wear all of my size 8/medium clothes that are now collecting dust around my house. I hate that I am still wearing maternity pants because I was so sure the weight would melt right off and my daughters are now 14 months old (oops). I HATE when people don't recognize me, and then they say in that fake nice voice, "Oh it's because you have brown hair now!" (I used to be blonde) and I look at them and say, "Haha, no it's because I am 65-80 lbs heavier than when you last saw me." (depending on when they last saw me) I played volleyball in college, and could lap my teammates when we were running in practice. 2.5-3 years later, and I probably would struggle running a lap. I just want to be better than I was before.
noelle8310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 07:16 PM   #67  
Super Squish

S/C/G: 290/254/170

Height: 5'

Absolutely all of it.
The look, the feel, the stares, the words.
Princess Squish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 07:34 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 158/ticker/115

Height: 5'6

One word: Chico's.
crimsons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 08:24 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexychick View Post
I hate the fact that people always make fun of me!
I haven't had this happen to me much. I hate that others do suffer this. i hate bullies.

What I hate most?

Shopping at plus size stores

My HUGE muffin top

My double chin

Feeling unworthy and not loving myself, and feeling that because of this, nobody else can love me.
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 08:25 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

When I was bigger, I hated that I was scared to meet new people. I always feared the initial meeting and the "OMG, I didn't know she was THAT big" that I always assumed they were thinking. 95 pounds lighter I don't have those same fears.
Natasha1534 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 08:34 PM   #71  

Feeling inferior to everyone who is thin. IN these days of political correctness FAT is the only acceptable category of people others can make fun of, laugh about, talk about on radio etc.
Big debate here about charging extra for obese people to buy an extra aeroplane seat if they don't fit under the arm rest clearly.
The stuff people are saying about obese people - its really scary that it has become so acceptable to say oh heavens yes they bring it on themselves lazy slobs - and has frightened me off flying again...
MrsTee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 10:10 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 216/180.6/160

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkendrick View Post
Hmm, well, I'm going to change the original question to "What do you hate most about not being at maintenance weight?" Because I feel crummy about myself whenever I'm out of my range. So crummy that I feel like I might as well be 180lbs again.

I hate wasting any minutes of my day being unhappy with my body. I wasted too many years being unhappy with my body. Pretty much from the age that I recognized that my body wasn't the standard definition of "perfect" until I was about 22. And that's such a sad state to be in. When I'm at my goal weight, I love my body for what it is. No, it's still not the standard definition of perfect, but it's MY body in its best form, and I love it. When I'm away from that goal, I just feel like I'm wasting my time.
Everything she said. Expect, for me, replace "180" with "230".
Cali Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 01:01 AM   #73  

S/C/G: 215/208/120

Height: 5'1"

There are so many things I hate about being fat. Seeing my husband look at other women and feeling insecure like he would rather be with someone who looked like that... not blaming him for it if he does... thinking my "hot" days were already over ten years ago even though I'm only 28... Wearing the same holy clothes I've had for years because nothing looks good enough on me to waste money on... people always thinking I'm pregnant. The pregnant one is the worst and is actually what drove me to go to war on my fat. Someone confidently made a comment to my other kids about their upcoming brother or sister and it was just one time too many for me. It's one thing if someone hesitantly asks if you're pregnant or something, but people are sure I'm pregnant. I just say, "I'm not pregnant, just fat, thank you." I can't wait to never hear that again.
CloudySky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 03:32 AM   #74  

Height: 165 cm (5'5'')

I hate the fact that I have denied myself normal experiences growing up becasue I was embarrased about my weight. So you know what I mean:

- Not wearing/trying makeup because I was fat so it didn't make any difference to the way I looked. I literally felt like the phrase "putting lipstick on a pig" was made for me.

- purposely avoiding going out in public because I didn't want to burden my friends. In my head it was "I mean really, what person wants to admit that they are friends with a fatty"

Basically It was self sabotage through my entire teen years and then I got out of high school, decided that I had some control and continued to gain 70lbs (35kgs) in 2 years and it is still there, making everything even worse.

(sorry bad day)
Alwaysbeenbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 05:09 AM   #75  

Height: 165 cm (5'5'')

Oh God!

How's this today I was walking in a local shopping centre only to here this from a mother who was saying no to a young child getting a milkshake.

"You are not getting a milk shake! I said NO! Do you see that girl there?" (pointing to me) "Do you want to be fat and ugly like her? No? Then no milkshakes!"

I was so embarrassed I went straight to the car and drove home. I have had some cruel things said and done to me, but this one takes the cake.
Alwaysbeenbig is offline   Reply With Quote