3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   What do you hate most about being fat (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/242755-what-do-you-hate-most-about-being-fat.html)

sexychick 09-09-2011 09:37 PM

What do you hate most about being fat

I hate the fact that people always make fun of me! :(

Aileen 09-09-2011 09:48 PM

Not loving myself or letting anyone love me.

kelly315 09-09-2011 09:58 PM

The word "fat,"- the fact that I can't be accepted for what I am, and that I can't accept myself for it either.

canadianwoman 09-09-2011 10:04 PM

Not being to be able to physically do what I want to do and as fast as I would like to.

fromthebox 09-09-2011 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aileen (Post 4026940)
Not loving myself or letting anyone love me.

+1

DeeDeeHunnie 09-09-2011 10:37 PM

Low self-esteem, and people thinking I'm pregnant when I'm not (never been).

nrz242 09-09-2011 10:55 PM

Feeling uncomfortable, physically and psychologically

sweck08 09-09-2011 11:18 PM

Always thinking to myself that I am ugly and nobody will ever like me the way I am. Never feeling comfortable in my own skin and constantly worried about what others think.
Those thoughts have changed now, thank goodness. I now am more confident than I ever have been my entire life!

RJ 1980 09-10-2011 01:33 AM

Seeing someone in the mirror that I don't recognize. In my mind I'm thin.

Also, feeling uncomfortable in my own body, having no confidence.

Lovely 09-10-2011 01:41 AM

I HATE huffing and puffing up stairs. I HATE that walks were like torture sessions on my knees and lungs. I HATE that I was having trouble breathing while laying down. I HATE that my back would hurt. I HATE that my ankles were swelling.

Luckily, with every step forward, these things are going away bit by bit! :D

DietVet 09-10-2011 01:58 AM

Hmmm. I'm surprised and saddened that so many of you have internalized your weight and feel unloveable because of it. (Or more likely, you have externalized your lack of self-love and gained weight because of it...) We're all entitled to love and respect regardless of how much weight we carry. Truly. But then, we all have to believe that for ourselves. I believe all the same negative things about myself when I'm thin as well as when I'm fat. And I believe all the good, worthy things about myself fat and thin as well.

What I hate most about being fat is how hard it is to find decent clothes, especially professional clothes. I swear my boobs are at least 2 sizes bigger than what fashion industry norms believe they should be and hardly anything that isn't a knit fits on my upper body. Also, I hate, hate, hate my stomach. It bulges and I feel like it lets me down. Booo stomach!

But really girls, you have to figure out how to not hate yourself for being fat. It will chase you when you've lost the weight too, and then where will you be? Self-love is critical to just about everything.

Meeel4121 09-10-2011 02:17 AM

Feeling uncomfortable... sometimes psychologically (when I'm out with friends), but mostly physically.
I can't wait for the day when my thighs stop rubbing against each other, that and the magic moment when I walk out of a clothes store and actually feel better about myself.

Kahokkuri 09-10-2011 03:36 AM

I hate that I waste so much time thinking negatively about my weight.

lin43 09-10-2011 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RJ 1980 (Post 4027089)
In my mind I'm thin.

I feel the same way, but for, perhaps, a different reason. I feel like I'm the reverse of an anorexic in that I look in the mirror and the body image I have of myself is thinner than I really am. When I look in the mirror, I think, "I look pretty good!" But that image of a healthy-sized me doesn't jibe with my current clothes size and weight--LOL!

I have to admit that I'm among the minority who feels okay where I'm at even though I know, objectively, that I need to lose more to get into a healthy range. Nevertheless, it seems as though I've actually become more confident as I've aged. Ironically, part of that had to do with me finally coming to terms with the fact that I had lost some of the beauty of my youth. I was always considered "the pretty one" and was vain, to be honest. As I've aged, though, my hairline has begun to recede and my hair has begun to thin (and this started in my mid-30s). Also, I have the typical wrinkles of someone in their 40s and my body is sagging more than it used to. I went through the angst of losing all that a few years ago, and it seems that going through that actually helped me realize that I'm of more value than just my looks. That is one of the realizations that has had the biggest impact on me.

diamondgeog 09-10-2011 09:45 AM

You can hate being fat and absolutely love yourself. I actually think it is a good thing hating being fat. If you didn't why change? In fact I think hating being fat is an affirmation of loving yourself. You want to be healthier and have more energy in life.

I am a guy so perhaps that is why my hates are more centered around health. But I hate cheating myself out of a healthier and more energetic me. But that is great motivation for all the positive steps I taking now. 18 lbs down since July 15 and no hamburgers or fries at all during that time! Previously 2-3 times a week doing that.