Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-18-2011, 11:00 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 196/139/135

Height: 5'4

I use my personal blog to record my food, and I use a calendar at my office to track exercise. (I actually have a detailed exercise plan on the blog, and if I meet my goal, I place an X over the date on my calendar. It's great for motivation to look up and see Holy crap, I've done so well this month! Look at all those Xs!)
KatieC87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 11:09 AM   #17  

Height: 5'6

I'm definitely old school (paper and pen), lol. I used to keep a food journal but now what I eat is pretty much ingrained in my brain. I do however, keep a workout journal so I can chart my progress. I look over it periodically to see where I can make changes, improvements or if I just need a little motivation.

Last edited by fitmom; 08-18-2011 at 11:09 AM.
fitmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 04:32 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 280-->150

Height: 5'7"

I created a diary in Word, back when I first started this plan 2 1/2 years ago, and aside from the occasional lapse I write in it every day. Each entry has a header where I write in current weight, day's food and calories, exercise, chores, and so on.

I used to keep a more dedicated food summary in another file, but it got to be too much effort.
Jo Kittibuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 06:14 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 184/173.9/145

Height: 5'2"

I use an Excel spreadsheet. I have one tab that lists all kinds of food that I eat, separated by "Protein" "Vegetables" "Fruits" "Dairy" etc, and I have another tab that is my "Food Diary," so all I need to do is copy and past my nutrition facts into my food diary (I list what I ate, the serving size, calories, fat, carbs, and protein. I have a separate tab keeping track of my exercises and weight/bmi. At first it can be tedious to get all my nutrition facts entered into the spreadsheet, but since I'm a routine sort of girl, I don't have to add anything new very often. If you (or anyone) would like, I would not mind sending you the spreadsheet with all the nutrition facts in it! Just let me know
ELBS717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 06:24 PM   #20  
Starting again

S/C/G: 289/ticker/128

Height: 5'4"

I use MFP on my phone. I tried pen and paper the last time I tried logging and I couldn't even stick with it for a week. I've been using online sites (calorie count at first until they changed their mobile site and now mfp) for three months and I can count on one hand the number of times I've skipped a day. I wish I actually had the internet or a smartphone but this is working for me so far. Also I can do it in front of other people and they just think I'm texting someone.
shishkeberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 06:29 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 265/210/125

Height: 5'0"

I use fatsecret.com to track all my calories. I don't track exercise currently though. I keep my food well under my BMR, and all activity (whether exercise or just regular activities) are just "bonus" for me.
cortandcooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 07:12 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 163/128/125

Height: 5'5

Pen & paper.

I do have a myfitnesspal that I consult for calorie counts from time to time, but to me, nothing beats the convenience of pen & paper. Never breaks and I can carry it anywhere.
sacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 09:04 PM   #23  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

I do everything through mynetdiary.com. I can use it online, on my phone or my ipad. I can see everything I eat for the day, for the meal, for the week. I can add fitness, etc. I love it because I always have my phone with me so I never 'forget' to add something. I realized just today that I probably will do this for life because it really is eye opening to see how fast calories can add up if you indulge a little here and there.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 03:19 PM   #24  
On week 124

S/C/G: 317/242/157

Height: 5'6"

I like seeing different reports from the same data. I definitely prefer my own (not online site) nutritional software. Mine has a journal that I write in everyday and copy to my blog. I can print a daily report that has all my foods, numbers and the journal. Since I am on the computer way too much, it is easier than writing on paper and always hunting for my "book". Plus, I don't have to do any math, lol.
one small bowl is offline   Reply With Quote