Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-04-2011, 04:23 PM   #1  
Started IP 10/21/15

S/C/G: 243/238.8/170

Height: 5'4"

Default REALLY personal question...

Since I've started eating healthier and drinking more water I've notice a change in the frequency I'm in the restroom.

I'm having BMs twice a day, once in the morning, and once at night (it use to be once a day or every other day). As for...um...liquid disposal it's at least once an hour.

Is this normal? I know drinking too much water can be bad for you, I probably go through 64-80oz of water a day.

I know this isn't a very "pretty" question, but it's making me crazy not knowing if this is typical. Thanks!
PreciousMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 04:32 PM   #2  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Your body is adjusting. Everyone is different in how their body reacts to new eating and habits too.

What many people wrongly believe is that infrequent trips to the bathroom means they are constipated - not necessarily. As long as it's normal WHEN you go, then you're not constipated. I only go every 3-4 days when in weight loss mode (eating at a deficit), but it's normal. I used to have to run to pee every hour, but that stopped eventually too.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 04:33 PM   #3  
saggzz

S/C/G: 222/205.6/170

Height: 5'9"

I would think it's pretty normal. You are probably getting more fiber than in the past and your system is adjusting. So, yeah, probaby pretty typical.
saggzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 04:35 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 135/128/107

Height: 5ft 2

As for BM it's about every other day for me.... actually you are supposed to have a BM once a day to twice a day. so you seem fine. Anyway as for the "liquid disposal" I drink about 50-70oz of water every day depending on the heat and what I'm doing that day. I think it's 3-4 times for me. Once in the morn sometime after lunch and really late at night and sometimes a random time in between haha. If you've spiked your water intake by alot in a short amount of time you're body isn't used to it so it just pushes it through. That could be why you go so much. To check you might want to observe the color (gross I know...). Clear means you're drinking too much (or if you have diabetes that is sometimes a cause). A straw or light yellow is perfect. It shouldn't be cloudy or foamy either. But thats usually just if you've eaten something that threw the balance off. Sometimes consuming too much protein makes it a tad foamy. Anyway sorry if that's tmi. But it's usually a good way to tell.
Sunnydays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 04:38 PM   #5  
Started IP 10/21/15

S/C/G: 243/238.8/170

Certainly not tmi! Thanks everyone! Everything seems to be "normal"...it just felt odd that I was the only one walking down the hall as often as I have been at work.
PreciousMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 04:54 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 135/128/107

Height: 5ft 2

http://www.urinecolors.com/dehydration.php

Haha I know what you mean. Sometimes it feels as if everyone else never goes and I feel weird for going every so often. But I suppose everyone feels like that every once in a while.
Sunnydays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 08:20 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 186.6/184/135

Height: 5'7

Totally normal. You're drinking more water, which means more frequent pee breaks. Also, I'm guessing you're probably eating healthier, right? So, more veggies, more fruits, etc. All of that = more fiber, and more fiber + more water = more frequent BMs.

When I'm totally OP and eating lots of veggies and drinking lots of water, I have BM twice a day as well. As long as -- ok, this is gross -- your stool is a normal consistency, it's totally fine. It's only a problem if you notice any really drastic changes in color or texture.
firefoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 08:33 PM   #8  

Height: 5'6

OMG, I seriously feel like I'm pregnant again with the trips to the restroom, lol. But drinking water has made me feel and look so much better, it's a small price to pay IMO.
fitmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 09:38 PM   #9  
Cuddly Veg*n

S/C/G: 178 (153.8 Recently)/145.2/125

Height: 5'9"

I don't know about the BMs, but I wouldn't be alarmed by two a day. That's not so bad.

As for the water, 64-80 oz is what you SHOULD be drinking, with 64 at the minimum. I drink four quarts a day, which is roughly 128 oz. I think the urination thing gets better after time, though I can't say for sure yet. I just don't drink as much if I have something important that day.
xxkaleidoscopic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 09:45 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 196/139/135

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreciousMissy View Post
Since I've started eating healthier and drinking more water I've notice a change in the frequency I'm in the restroom.

I'm having BMs twice a day, once in the morning, and once at night (it use to be once a day or every other day). As for...um...liquid disposal it's at least once an hour.

Is this normal? I know drinking too much water can be bad for you, I probably go through 64-80oz of water a day.

I know this isn't a very "pretty" question, but it's making me crazy not knowing if this is typical. Thanks!
Consider yourself lucky. I had a fairly regular BM pre-healthy lifestyle and went once a day. EVERY TIME I start eating healthy/exercising, I go through a couple weeks of constipation. But after those first two weeks, I regulate again and start going about once every other day.

I also experienced the pee-every-hour curse at first, but that's normalized to about 4 times a day. You sound normal though! I wish I had such frequent BMs.
KatieC87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 10:58 PM   #11  
The Awesomeness!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/130

Height: 5'0

Lol, I drink 100 oz's of water at work and the girls in my office have started tallying my potty breaks. In a 9hr work day I use the restroom 15 times!!!!! Just remember that our fat leaves our body through our urine so I don't mind my gazillion trips to the bathroom
KittyKat1465 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 11:02 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 195/192/140

Height: 5 Feet, 5 Inches

I go through the same thing. I have IBS so it's a very welcomed relief to the usual constipation I have. I can pee up to twice an hour when I'm careful to get my eight glasses of water in.
NotJustALittleFat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 12:00 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Mine is the exact opposite- I frequent the ladies much less frequently (that's as nice as I can put it).
kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 12:01 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 181/ticker/135

Height: 5' 3.5"

Everytime I have to take a bathroom break to urinate I do something physical on the way there (usually kegaling the whole way too ) and I like to think of it as my little "extra exercise."

More water plus releasing glycogen = frequent potty breaks.

On the BM thing, I wish I could go 2x a day! With the reduced calories plus exercise even a decently high fiber diet plus my fiber capsules isn't helping me much and I get so bloated and yucky feeling. Ugh.
H82Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 01:25 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 265/210/125

Height: 5'0"

I definitely do #1 way more often, but it makes sense since I make sure I drink a lot of water.

But my BM's have slowed down to every three days or so, despite the fact that I've been making sure I eat 20-35g of fiber nearly every day. Very frustrating.
cortandcooper is offline   Reply With Quote