Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-03-2011, 12:26 PM   #1  
War Eagle!

S/C/G: 194/165/140

Height: 5'2"

Default NSV I like summer now!

Hey, everyone! I'm so happy. I have been stuck at the same weight for the past 3 months or so. I was getting discouraged, but I'm trying to stay the course. It will either come off, or it won't. Whatever. BUT, I have realized I like summer now! All year I used to dread summer coming, and I would spend almost every waking moment indoors. I hated being hot and sweaty. I didn't want to go swimming because I hated putting a bathing suit on my big self. All that has changed. I have had a fabulous summer! I've been outside. I've been swimming. I'm still not at goal, but I don't feel as self-conscious as a used to.

Alright, check you later, chickies! I'm heading out. Got to enjoy it while it lasts.
theCandEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 12:50 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 295/tkr/195

Height: 5'9"

Way to go and
I didn't realize it until you posted, but this has been a great summer for me too! My parents have been complaining about how hot it is and my response is always a quizzical "really? I feel fine." Granted, I live ont he west coast, so no scorching heat waves for us this year, but still I think I would have been more like my mom in the past. I've even gone out walking/biking/jogging int he heat. AND, yeah, the swimsuit issue was a lot better this year. Not great by any means, but doable. Didn't keep me from doing stuff this summer. Thanks for making the point clearer to me!
Jen516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 01:38 PM   #3  
Cuddly Veg*n

S/C/G: 178 (153.8 Recently)/145.2/125

Height: 5'9"

That's great! And looking at your start weight to your ticker - WOW. You've lost a lot of weight. I really have to congratulate you!
xxkaleidoscopic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 02:04 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 93/78/65 kg

Height: 172 cm

Good for you ... I'm hoping to have the same NSV come our Summer in Dec/Jan ...

One of my goals is to take my girls swimming at the beach come summer and not be embarrassed ..

You weightloss is inspiring.
HMM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 03:09 PM   #5  

Congratulations on your fabulous weight loss! You're about my height (I'm 5 ft 3) and you're already below my goal weight! I'll bet you look fabulous!

I feel similar to what you're feeling. I had this awful dread feeling in my stomach leading up to summer. My legs have always been my best feature, so even when I've been overweight, I've always worn shorts. But I had gained so much that I was considering not wearing them this summer. Also, I remembered all those summers for the past five years or so during which I've told myself I would start eating better and exercising but I never did. I would end the summer just as fat or fatter than I began it.

I haven't lost much (probably 10 - 12 lbs.), but it has made a BIG difference in my enjoyment this summer. I wear shorts every day, I've been able to fit into clothes I haven't worn in at least two years, and I've been bike riding, walking, etc.

You know, I find all this ironic: For years, I didn't lose weight, and one reason was this thought: "If I can't eat what I want, I won't enjoy life." But that was really a bogus thought; look how much we miss out on when we shortchange ourselves by staying overweight.
lin43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 12:21 AM   #6  
War Eagle!

S/C/G: 194/165/140

Height: 5'2"

Thank you all so much! You've made me realize I have come a long way. I guess now that I'm "here" so to speak, I don't really think about how hard it was. Maybe because sometimes it still is hard.

Jen, I'm glad you're having a great summer, too! It's been super hot here lately. I'm glad my MIL has a pool.

xxkaleidoscopic, Thank you! I see you are doing really well, too! WTG!

HMM3, hope you have a nice summer when it gets there!

lin43, so true! I thought I would be miserable not being able to eat anything I want when I want, but I'm really happy with the way things have turned out.

Last edited by theCandEs; 08-04-2011 at 12:24 AM.
theCandEs is offline   Reply With Quote