Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-26-2011, 08:39 AM   #1  
m3k
One LB at a time...

S/C/G: 222/Ticker/160

Height: 5' 6"

Default How much is too much?

Now that I have the scale, I weight every morning (undressed, after using the restroom). I was hesitant to weigh every day, but since someone showed me their graph, I decided to do it so I could graph as well. (Sorry I forgot your name! But thanks )

Anyway, thus far, I've lost a pound a day.

Even after yesterday when I had a few small cheat snacks (TOM is on its way. Chocolate. Now. No prisoners. )

I'm very happy about it, don't get me wrong, but also just a little worried. I want to make sure I'm on the healthy path to fitness, not the unhealthy one.

Most sites say not to lose more than two pounds a week. Am I just doing really really well or something? Should I expect it to slow down? Is this unusual/unhealthy, and should I change something? Is it just water?

For those who haven't talked to me before, I do about 1400-1700cals/day with minimal exercise (for now), unless I'm at work, where I walk a lot. I drink at least the recommended daily serving of water. I'm eating an extremely balanced diet, and I am seeing no health issues crop up.

Thanks!
m3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 08:48 AM   #2  
Playing to Lose

S/C/G: 194/ticker/129

Height: 5' 1"

When I first started my journey I'd see a pound loss a day or every other day but I believe it was mostly all water weight. After a few weeks of this I finally hit a nice steady weight loss of 2-2.5 pounds a week. After a loss of 30 pounds it went to half that and now I'd be happy to see a loss of 1/2 a pound a week!

But if you are eating healthy and this is the beginning of your weight loss journey, I wouldn't be concerned it's coming off too fast! Just don't get discouraged when you don't see these same losses as time passes!
ShanIAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 08:50 AM   #3  
m3k
One LB at a time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanIAm View Post
When I first started my journey I'd see a pound loss a day or every other day but I believe it was mostly all water weight. After a few weeks of this I finally hit a nice steady weight loss of 2-2.5 pounds a week. After a loss of 30 pounds it went to half that and now I'd be happy to see a loss of 1/2 a pound a week!

But if you are eating healthy and this is the beginning of your weight loss journey, I wouldn't be concerned it's coming off too fast! Just don't get discouraged when you don't see these same losses as time passes!
Alright. I figured that was it, but I just want to make sure that I'm on track. It is nice to see that I'm already almost in the 180's though! It's a big motivation.
Old 07-26-2011, 05:12 PM   #4  
yehaw!!

S/C/G: 220/166/150

Height: 5'3

In my first. Week I lost 14lbs! It was because I was eating like **** prior and my body was thrilled to get rid of the crap..... I have since slowed to a few pounds a week or so. Now I amb working out and I think it might slow or pick up. Depending on muscle growth... well eep it up and just keep making good life choices.
brillmama2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 05:28 PM   #5  
Cool Chick

S/C/G: 283/227.2/180

Height: 5' 10"

I agree with the others--during the first couple weeks, the weight just falls off. Then it slows down.
Use the "woosh" to your advantage and stay motivated!!
heathermichigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 05:33 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 264/202/163

Height: 5'4"

If you just started working on your weight loss I think you are okay. JUST don't let it disappoint you when losing weight starts to get harder and you don't see results everyday.

I personally think weighing every morning makes me MORE accountable EVERY day. Use it as a motivating tool as long as those days that you don't see results don't send you into a tail spin. I like to be able to weigh and if I don't see results think about what I did the prior day that I could have done better and make adjustments from there.
stacygee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 05:51 PM   #7  
m3k
One LB at a time...

I definitely am making more balanced choices, as well as cutting calories. I do hope that the slowing down effect doesn't discourage me. Also, yes, I do feel accountable with weighing every day. Plus, I get to graph it.

Does it make a difference that I put the weight on really really quickly?
Old 07-26-2011, 05:58 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 264/202/163

Height: 5'4"

I think that if you put it one really quickly and haven't had it for long it could be easier...perhaps more b/c making the adjustments you need to make won't be that hard. I have been overwight for 15 years and I have had to break 15 years of bad habits.

however, it is really all about the calories.... calories in and calories out. Eat less calories, use more calories= lose weight.
stacygee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 06:36 PM   #9  
m3k
One LB at a time...

I gained from a combination of two things:

BC, and a broken ankle that put me on bedrest.

The ankle really did me in though. The BC had me somewhere between 170-180 (Which is not good, but still better). The bedrest definitely put me up there (probably over 200lbs)! Man was I depressed. I do hope that none of you ever have had to be on bedrest/will have to be on bedrest. It does horrible things to you. Ugh.

Anyway. No more excuses for me. Yes, I had some bad circumstances that pushed me up into the overweight/obese range, but I can't change that. Need to stay focused. I'm just hoping I am able to lose it quickly. Maybe not as quickly as I gained it, but I would like to be near goal for my trip to Vegas next January. And I don't just WANT to lose it... I NEED to lose it.

Thanks for the help, and the responses. I do want to make sure that I am doing this the healthy way!
Old 07-26-2011, 09:39 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 265/205/140

Height: 5'8"

I totally feel for you. I had foot surgery, and that pushed me over 190. Then paired with some visitors and really poor eating choices for a few weeks, and I landed at 197. The few weeks of not being able to get off the couch was the worst!!

Good luck!!
kurbain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 09:52 PM   #11  
Cuddly Veg*n

S/C/G: 178 (153.8 Recently)/145.2/125

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanIAm View Post

Exactly this! No worries!
xxkaleidoscopic is offline   Reply With Quote