Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-27-2011, 08:39 AM   #91  

S/C/G: 258/244.6/190

Height: 5'7"

HELLO HELLO! Oh, How I have missed this thread!!! I have been uper busy and nothing was really happening on the weightloss train. Had one bad poor me week where I wasnt exactly OP and didnt workout at all. But, I am back at it. Now that I have more time, I would love to come back if that is okay I will be popping in and out this week- next week I hope I can become my active iUSAn (hehe-love it) self. Hope everyone is doing great! Hope to have some time to read back later today!
iamerican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 08:40 AM   #92  
Blessed!

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/175

Height: 5'9

Thanks, guys! I really was so excited to finally reach that. I still remember when my ticker was at the beginning and I thought I'd never get here. During those times, I'd go look at the goal section of 3FC and get re-inspired to keep going. So, now, I got to post one of my own. I have some new before and after pictures on that thread, too!

Isabella--Jillian is tough! I can't seem to get into her.

Alaskan--I'm noticing the salty thing, too. Pizza sounds really yummy to me, though.

Thanks, Darius!

Berry--I love me some soccer (or football, as my husband would call it), so thanks for picking that up.

Vixsin--Do you enjoy doing yoga? So far, I just can't seem to get into it. I wonder if it's because I haven't found a good instructor (DVD) yet or because I have four children and getting a zen moment is near impossible.

mlgibson--I think you made great KFC choices. I've always believed it's more about sustainability than denying yourself everything. Love your Dr. Who quote, btw!

Roadbikerchick--You're probably still hungry because of that rocking workout! I probably would have snacked on something 100 cal or less if I was really hungry. Like Diana pointed out, there are many smart choices to help ease the hunger.

mamakat--Ugh, I had a bad dentist when I was a kid and it traumatized me. Good for you looking out for your kids!

Welcome Kristen and awesome job on those 2.4lbs!

Thanks, Stacy!! How are you doing?

Shish--Aren't those sodium levels pure craziness (though I LOVE me some panera)?? Maybe you'll be able to find a way to sneak a mention of 3FC into a conversation with your sister. Maybe in a casual "I was on 3FC the other day..." kind of way?

Larry--Chinese food in infamous for it's sodium, so maybe limiting it wouldn't be a terrible idea. Hopefully, that 12lb water weight will whoosh right back down.

MzJuicy--Wow, congrats!! That's amazing!!!

Abby--I'm sorry about the trouble with your mother-in-law. It's so sad what alcohol can do. Sending warm thoughts your way. And, I love my smartphone! Which one do you have?

Mojo--You're doing awesome in your running. I think taking it easy after pushing yourself so hard is wise. Great job, btw!

Good Morning, Zoo!

Jenian--Good to "see" someone from my neck of the woods. I live very close to the Maine border. (my kids actually go to school in Maine)

Thanks, Diana! How's Magnum today?
shellsbrood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 08:59 AM   #93  
Starting again

S/C/G: 289/ticker/128

Height: 5'4"

Welcome back, iamerican!
shishkeberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 09:00 AM   #94  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

Shells: I’m celebrating with your success a day late, but better than never!

Diana32: on the decrease in allergies!! I think we need a magnum update, pls.

MzJ: on 40 lbs! That’s just awesome!

Nikki: hAPPY aNNIVERSARY!

Mlgibson: I am at Perdido Key & it is not near that hot here, though I wish it were!

Shish: on 30 lbs lost! Awesome job!!

Mojojuju: Great job on the running schedule. Keep at it. really does pay off!!

AbbySue: It disheartens me to hear bad MIL stories and makes me appreciate mine even more.

Larry: I love Chinese food! I’ve only had it once since April. I gained afterwards too.

Kristen

Roadbiker: I’m sending you a little This is a choice and isn’t it great you still get to choose!! Many people don’t have that option!

Alaskan: I told my nephew about your crab traps yesterday when I saw him in Destin, FL. He was telling me how he almost stepped on one in the ocean and how BIG it was. I thought, yeah right! Let me SHOW you a real crab! If my iPhone had been functioning correctly, I’d have shown him the photo!! BTW, they have "sand" crabs here--not Alaskan Kings. The BIG one he saw was hand-size at best!

MilesAway: So glad you’ve decided to rejoin us!!

LGW: You can do it. Here’s a little for you as well to help you stay on your plan.

iUSAn
: come back..come back—Sounds like the line from Titanic, huh!

JenIan
: Hi!
K9Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 09:02 AM   #95  
SciFi Geek Gettin' Skinny

S/C/G: 186 / 156.6 / 140

berry: Sounds like you had fun in Boston!

Diana: Your allergic to peanuts? That is unfortunate.

iamerican: Howdy!

K9Owner: I'm hoping it cools off soon here, I don't have air conditioning in the car.
mlgibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 09:07 AM   #96  
SciFi Geek Gettin' Skinny

S/C/G: 186 / 156.6 / 140

Morning all!

Not a good day so far.
I have to work 12pm to 9pm...hate that shift soooo much.

And today is my 'official' weigh-in day. I was 165 before, and somehow got to 167.2!!!! I have not gone off plan, and even upped my exercise. I had KFC last night, but only a strip and potatos. And according to my measurements I ate 1,500 calories yesterday. Higher then my normal, but not 2 pounds worth! I am sad...
mlgibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 09:07 AM   #97  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

Quick update for me. On Monday, I saw a new low and felt so thin. Today, I am up 3 lbs from a TERRIBLE day of eating yesterday and high sodium intake It was the worst day I’ve eaten since I started this journey again.

It rained here yest and looks like it may rain again today. YUCK!!

I haven’t been able to drive my car around but once since I arrived due to being on the beach and rain
Today, I will get back OP and not allow yest to hover over my head and bring me down. Eating out is not impossible, but something I haven’t mastered yet. It is better for me to just not go. I have NO willpower when I am out and around other people to eat low calorie/low sodium/low sugar!

I MISS MY K9S!!!
K9Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 09:15 AM   #98  

Hey guys! Life is getting back to normal around here after my garage sale. I swear when I am busy with a project, the whole house falls apart! Still have to get out into the yard and catch up with the enormous weeds, but the house and laundry are finally caught up.
I made it through DH vacation and garage sale week without gaining, but no loss to report either, boo. Next week, DH is off again and we plan to go away with the kids. Plans are not set yet, but it is looking like Cedar Point is in the picture. I am getting too old for roller coasters! My plan is still to maintain through that week and then after that, I will have my evil eye set on those 170's!!! Summer is proving to be more difficult than I thought it would. Who knew?
Shells, for you!!!! You have done so well! Congrats!
Larry, not sure if you go to chinese buffet or sit down, but if it is sit down, you can request certain things like no MSG. I often order mine "light on the oil and no MSG".
Sorry, I am out of time, but a big CONGRATs to all you other losers!!! Everyone is doing so well
jomatho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 09:21 AM   #99  
Starting again

S/C/G: 289/ticker/128

The sodium got me a little, too. About 4000 mg. the scale was pretty nice to me in spite of that. Up to 259.8 but that's still 250's so I'll take it. Have a good day, everyone
shishkeberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 09:32 AM   #100  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlgibson View Post

Diana: Your allergic to peanuts? That is unfortunate.
I'm not positive on this. This is just my own science experiment/detective work. Of course after a year of this I still haven't figured it out, so I'm probably still not right on this. I had some labs done last week with the allergist. I have not heard back from the Dr., yet.

Last edited by Diana3271; 07-27-2011 at 09:39 AM.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 09:38 AM   #101  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Magnum update: He is having his good days and bad days. Yesterday started off being a good day. By the end of the day he was very tired and didn't eat much dinner. He ate some, but not like what he normally eats. He still seems happy and not in pain. This morning he still seems tired. Initially, he didn't want to eat, but I got him to eat by putting some cheese on his food. I just noticed that his stomach looks a little distended again. He may be starting another bleed. It seems he has these "bleeds" one or twice a week. On the day he's like that, he doesn't feel like eating much and you can tell he's tired. The next day his stomach will start going back down (meaning the blood is reabsorbing into his body) and he will go back to his regular self.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 10:18 AM   #102  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Diana: for you and for Magnum. I'm sorry for the situation and I know it must be hard.

I need to eat my breaky and get my act together.

BBL! Have a great morning!
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 11:34 AM   #103  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5'4

Hi everyone,

Just a quick check in as I'm super busy at work. Was so busy yesterday I didn't get time to eat lunch, let alone post! Managed to get to my pump class at the gym though, picked up 2 pieces of sushi as a snack on the way home. Made a fish pie for dinner which was so yummy. I generally cook by making things up, and for a while my fish pie wasn't up to scratch but I was pretty happy with last night's effort.

Hoping I can get out of work before 7 tonight, so can get home in time to do a food shop, make dinner and get a decent night's sleep so I can drag myself out of bed in the morning to go to the gym.

Thanks everyone for welcoming me back. I looked back and realised I only really fell off for a month, it felt like so much longer! I'm definitely feeling ready to get some control back. Roadbiker we can do this! I'm accepting now that I'm not going to be 100% on plan 100% of the time. But if I slip up a bit, I'll just move on and put it behind me. That's the hope anyway!

I'll try and get back this evening for some personals. Have a great day!
themilesawaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 11:51 AM   #104  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Good Morning Everyone,
Nearly missed it. I slept! OMG it felt so good. Well I think I wanted that 40#'s goal so bad that now I'm stuck there I'll take it. I haven't exercised in two days and I was sort of dreading it today until I read Jomatho's post about cleaning up after the yard sale and getting the grass done. I'll mow the lawn today. It kicks but in using up calories, I sweat like a...(do pigs really sweat?) man and I get my heart rate going so that sounds good.

I pulled out my old pill sorter last night because I was "asked" to take yet more vitamins. Because of my medication it's so hard to take vitamins and fiber because they counteract the medication. So I have to time it all out. I have a giant sorter with 4x a day for 7 day boxes. I have so many stinking things to take all of it didn't fit in the box...that's way too much!!!! Who needs lunch when you gobbling that many stinking pills? OK rant done

Berry I think it takes a strong constitution to enjoy Boston Glad that you are having fun. Did it rain there yesterday, it did here. DH is in Boston today. He was supposed to go yesterday but client changed it the last minute.

MzJuicy I thought that I congratulated you on 40#'s down, but now I'm not so sure...so congratulations Why is 40 so important to us...for some dingy reason I felt it more important than 50, but now I want to see 50...we can do it! (right now I am in a Brave Heart stance with my sword above my head...are you?)

I'm so sorry for not doing more personals, I'm really confused today. I have read everyone's and I feel like I've responded to them, but I think it's reading others' responses that I'm thinking of. I really can't decipher right now. Ugh, I hate my brain sometimes...yesterday was numbers and today is memory. So please bear with me. I'm not ignoring you on purpose, maybe by tonight I will have caught up with my brain or visa versa (that doesn't look right either. Isn't visa a credit card? Ugh sorry everyone) Meet the real me!

Ok I'm going to go mow. Have a wonderful and healthy day.
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 12:01 PM   #105  
Danielle

S/C/G: 293/see ticker/193

Height: 5'8

Hey everybody! I'm just popping in really quick to vent a little. I'll be back later for personals lol.

I want to know how everyone handles the constant questions about your weightloss. Last week I was about to go to the gym and a coworker stopped and asked me how much weight i had lost. At the time it was 36 pounds. She goes on to say that i should have lost more than that by now, like around 50. AND she sees on tv how people lose over 100 pounds and they say they did it by being consistent. I told her that its not that easy to lose weight and that the smaller you get the more work you have to put into it because you arent burning as many calories as before when you were larger. Well, she goes on to say that she didnt think that was true and that i probably havent lost more because i "just can't stop eating." That comment really pissed me off and it did hurt me. I've always been hard on myself thinking i should have lost more weight than this but this journey is sooooo beyond the physical. I just hate it when people who havent had weight issues try to tell me how easy it is!

Then this morning I was having breakfast with my boss. I had a turkey sausage biscuit and some fruit i brought from home. My other coworker asks me out the blue what kind of biscuit did i have. I told him what it was and then he starts on this rampage about how turkey sausage really isnt healthier than regular sausage and that its just a ploy to get more people eating turkey so the "turkey people" can make more money! I mean, wth!!!!!!!!!!! What is wrong with these people?
MzJuicyD is offline   Reply With Quote