Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-21-2011, 09:49 AM   #16  
Age 53

S/C/G: 265/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

I don't know how old you are, but don't count on the "it flies off in the beginning", or you could be set up for another disappointment. I started at about the same weight and lost a little over a pound a week. Not really horrible, but when I had so far to go it got a bit discouraging. But it added up over time and 72 weeks later I was down 102 lbs.
caryesings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 10:00 AM   #17  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

You can only imagine my shock when I had the courage to step on the scale (that went up to 305) and it screamed ERROR at me! LOL I was in total denial. Oh boy, those first few weeks were ****. I finally had to buy a new scale that went to 400 pounds to get somewhat of a beginning number. 333...the number that still haunts me. I see it everywhere. On licence plates, even the last hotel room we stayed at! ANYWAY, lol. Yeah, I hate the term mini-goal. Any weight lost and not gained back is major. Nothing mini about a 333 pound fat chick losing 33 pounds. Big stuff. Victory!

What I'm trying to say is, celebrate every single little pound lost. It's a big deal, especially if you never give up and don't have to lose the same damn pound over and over and over.

I've been in the 140's for 2 years now, and still to this day I can remember the blood sweat and tears it took to get that first 5% off. But, thankfully the memories are sweet reminders of how I plan to never go back

Last edited by Lori Bell; 07-21-2011 at 11:33 AM.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 10:10 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 182/ticker/130 145 hlthy bmi

Height: 5'4"

caryesings,
You were able tobstick to diet for 72 weeks!!! Hats off to you.
I have a question for ya, do you eat potatoes?
Lorry, you kept weight in check for 2 years!! How did you manage, it must be life style change!!
You ladies are my heros!!!!
Pl help me.

Last edited by puneri; 07-21-2011 at 10:14 AM.
puneri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 10:25 AM   #19  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

Wow Annie, I really needed to read that today. I think I will print this out to re-read when I feel like giving up.
I love this form because even if I do not post issues myself, I know I will find the words I need to continue on from fellow 3FC members.
Thank you.
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 10:40 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 270?/See Ticker/185

Height: 5'9"

To answer, it took me tell 240s to notice my weight loss, and I went down a clothing size. People could tell I had lost weight. My endurance for working out improved. To the person who asked, it might be different for u because we have a 4 inch height difference.
fattymcfatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 10:56 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 108/105.8/60 kgs

Height: 5 foot 6

I think of it as chipping away at a marble block, one day at a time.
Thinking of the big picture is just too depressing, smaller goals (and rewarding yourself for meeting them) makes things so much more manageable.
sonickel77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 11:53 AM   #22  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLIMplicity View Post
Me: Seriously I weigh what?

WW girl: 267

Me: ...(speechless)

WW: we are going to start with a 5 % goal of 13 lbs, then a 10% goal..

ME: LIKe uh..13 lbs is nothing..its going to take forever!!!

WW: one day at a time..

ME: this sucks..267lbs!! how did I get so fat!ok so I had two kids..but like oh my god!!

WW: before you know it u will reach your 5% goal...

ME: woopdidoo..then I will be 254..which is closer to the weight i thought I was.. hey do you guys rig the machines to make us like 10 lbs heavier so you will get more money out of us???

WW: meeting is starting soon.better get a seat..

ME: ARGGGGGGGGG
Oh, this sounds so much like a conversation I had several years ago when I first joined one of those all-women gyms. The "trainer" weighed me. Up until that point, I had always been around 135 - 140 (I'm 5 ft. 3), and having gained some weight, I figured I was about 150-155. Well, I weighed in a 176! I was actually flabbergasted. I said, "What?!! 176! That can't be!!" The woman was taken aback and said, "Calm down!"

So, I feel your pain. But the only thing you can do is just deal with the reality of it. It's discouraging, and it will take a bit longer than you thought, but the weight will come off.
lin43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 03:07 PM   #23  
Positive Focus

S/C/G: 225/ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEMom View Post
Wow Annie, I really needed to read that today. I think I will print this out to re-read when I feel like giving up.
I love this form because even if I do not post issues myself, I know I will find the words I need to continue on from fellow 3FC members.
Thank you.
I'm glad it was helpful! It's not my original work but me paraphrasing someone else probably a year ago. (I wish I could find the original post.) It has stuck with me for a long time (even when I'm not on plan) and has been helpful to me. I'm glad to keep it alive.
BeachBreeze2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 03:30 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 291.2/287.7/250

Height: 5'2

Reading all of these has really brightened my spirits today =) Being at 265 is not exactly where I want to be at all but like someone else said I did not put this weight on in a day and I can't take it off in a day either. One day at a time! We can do this!
mommy1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 06:29 PM   #25  
Started IP 10/21/15

S/C/G: 243/238.8/170

Height: 5'4"

This is one of the best posts I have read...and I've been lurking for a while, lol.

Slim, I think everyone on this site had that moment...the "oh no...I don't weigh that much. The scale/pants/picture/you name it must be wrong". I feel (re)inspired to continue on as I sit here eating my bland celery sticks while there is cheesecake in the office kitchen!
PreciousMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 04:19 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 330 / 320 / 175

Height: 5'11

Haha.. I had that moment as well... I figured I'd weighed about 330 or so, and when I got on the WW scale, it said 350, i just about cried on the spot. What a wakeup call... This forum is great inspiration, especially to us newbies ... Great job all of you!!

*Day 2 of WW*
Crazy Newfie Jen is offline   Reply With Quote