Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-29-2011, 01:15 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 267.8/211/150

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTexas View Post
I totally understand! I am not a skirt wearer except on rare occassions, but now that it is bathing suit weather I have this problem constantly. I HATE the rubbing sensation so I probably look silly, but I walk with my feet straddled so I can move! LOL, I might look like I'd been riding horses all day but I don't have the weird sensation. And I don't walk around any more than I have to and put on my shorts if I do
I get the board short swim bottoms. Thank goodness they're somewhat popular these days.
Bac0s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 01:46 PM   #17  

BodyGlide.
MariaMaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 01:51 PM   #18  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

kissing thighs....
...the reason God made spanx!!!

I always wear "bike short" type girdle thingies (Spanx, whatever) underneath my skirts. It's just easier. And WAY more comfortable!
Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 05:44 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 224/ticker/140

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubbykins View Post
Why don't you wear tight leggings beneath skirts?
Ditto. I always wear spandex underneath dresses and skirts. You know, the kind you wear when you go on a run to prevent chafing then, too?

I've also used the spandex as a purse when I'm worried about keeping track of a purse. Credit cards, ID, and cash fit wonderfully on there. Bra works just as well. For real. I feel bad for anyone swiping my card, but it serves its purpose. And things don't get lost.
augeremt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 06:30 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 222/ticker/140

Height: 5'9"

I know exactly what you are talking about...
As a graduation gift in high school my parents took me to New York City and we walked in the heat and rain for about a day and a half. Well I was experiencing the worst chafing but I did not want to complain. About 15 mins after we got into the car to drive home I looked down and I was bleeding from the all the kissing that was going on.
I have disproportionately thin legs so I will solve most of my chafing issues in 20 pounds. Yay!
Sunshine87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 06:55 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 270?/See Ticker/185

This thread actually makes me feel good about being an apple shape. I never had this issue. Amen!
fattymcfatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 07:18 PM   #22  
Results>Reasons

S/C/G: 196/190/150

I never wear shorts/skirts/dresses, so I have no idea...the only time I chaffed was when I dressed up as a gangster for Halloween...the baggy pants sagged low and the jeans on the inner thighs felt like **** by the time I came back home. I don't know how guys do it!? I guess I needed to do the penguin walk, as well....

I guess that does explain why my jeans never last too long. Soon, the interior seam gets worn thin, and then becomes a hole, which then becomes a tear that stretchs from one seam to the other...(kind of like the old skool style with the tears in the back and on the front) I still have a size 14 jean that I LOVE -- and that still fits -- but I don't wear them much, since the in-laws are a little too conservative for that.
AriesNV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 07:19 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 228/220/140

Height: 5'9.5

You girls are changing my 'thighs' lives! lol!
LastTrain2Para is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 09:53 PM   #24  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bac0s View Post
When I was 115 pounds, I still had problems with chafing thighs after I wore a skirt all day when it was hot out and I was walking a lot. I think I've been genetically blessed with big thighs.

Anyway, I've started buying skorts (not the old school kind that look like shorts from the back. They look like skirts all the way around). Kohl's sells tons of these, and they're so cute!
*giggles* They still sell those? I wore them maybe 7 years ago but had to stop because shorts of any kind would hike up my thighs and cause chub rub. D:

Are there shorts that don't hike up my legs and cause that? It gets a bit tiresome having to wear pants all the time.
The Bad Men is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 08:30 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 267.8/211/150

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bad Men View Post
*giggles* They still sell those? I wore them maybe 7 years ago but had to stop because shorts of any kind would hike up my thighs and cause chub rub. D:

Are there shorts that don't hike up my legs and cause that? It gets a bit tiresome having to wear pants all the time.
Ha! Yes. Although Kohl's calls them scooters. My terminology was wrong. They're cuter than the old school skorts, though, IMO.

I haven't found shorts that stay put yet. I usually wear capris. Bermudas go down to your knee (or just below your knee if you are as short as I am). They're everywhere now. Skimmers go just below your knee, and are pretty popular too.
Bac0s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 11:23 AM   #26  
Wastin' Away Again!

They make some skorts (scooters, whatever ya wanna call'm!) that have the "bike shorts" type underneath so they don't "ride". They're kinda expensive tho (well, I consider them expensive) - like $50-$60. And I've only found them on-line, never in a store, so there'ya go...

here's what I mostly wear -They're VERY light weight & VERY cool, which is a MUST for the summer months.

For winter months, I lean toward tights or this:

Old 07-01-2011, 08:59 AM   #27  

I agree with all of you about the kissing Thighs.
Arlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 09:40 AM   #28  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

I live in fitness running skorts/scooters. For years I've worn spanx under things for skirts/dresses. Never tried body glide or deodorant, but I have tried deodorant under my heavy, large breasts to keep them from rubbing/getting rashes and it works there!
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 02:25 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 238.5/?/no more scale 4 me!

Height: 5ft 4 (on a good day!)

i was in nyc last weekend and because i don't do shorts wore a long flowy tie dyed skirt and omg had such chub rub after walking around all day i had to stop into walgreens for powder! hate when thighs rub!!!
bellastarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 04:16 PM   #30  
Wastin' Away Again!

Another FYI

when you're at the beach, in a swim suit, you can't really do the "powder" thing or wear a thigh slimmer thing... me & my friends use tanning oil (baby oil would work too but tanning oil is just so handy when on the beach!). It really helps keep the chafing away when you're walking along the beach.

Last edited by Beach Patrol; 07-01-2011 at 04:17 PM.