Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-14-2011, 10:51 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 295/259/140

Height: 5'6"

Vixsin: Your hair looks great! I am sure it is a welcomed change. I cut my hair short about a year ago and it was so liberating after having long hair for over 25 years!

Larry: Congrats on making it to and past your half-way point! That is incredible! I understand about the heat bothering you when you were heavier. If it gets over 65 for me, I get hot! I could not tolerate living in warm weather states. Good for you getting out there though and getting that work done. Sounds like you are making good decisions about staying hydrated and taking breaks.
CameraShy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 11:20 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 258/244.6/190

Height: 5'7"

I am one tired girl tonight. No time for personals. I had an extremely on plan day. And it feels GREAT! I don't know why I am so tired though. Maybe just the stress of adding class to my daily life. I got in a 30 min walk this morning and plan on doing 30ds DVD tomorrow before work. Keep motivated everyone! You all inspire me.

Also, quick rant: I obviously am joyous about my 11 pounds, but one thing that was new with my last wight gain was my chest was suddenly BOUNTIFUL! And I loved it. I have always been way small chested for my size and it is just annoying. I was loving my new ladies. Well, bye bye- I think all 11 pounds were from my chest. Depressing. Guess just something I will have to deal with for HEALTH! And I can make that exchange (as long as I have my good padded bra. HAHA)

Last edited by iamerican; 06-14-2011 at 11:26 PM.
iamerican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 11:22 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 323/Weight Tracker/150

Height: 5'6"

Zoodoo, wow. That's crazy! Good for you on not giving into the donuts. I admit, last time I was at work and someone had some I had a donut. But that was a while back.

Anyway....

I managed to stay focused today. I slept late again though. I'm bad about that, I have like zero energy as of late, and have been plagued with the never going to disappear symptoms of a phantom monthly. (Warning, possibly TMI) Someday's it's a little pink, and others normal as if I was never on it, but then I've been very emotional so....just seems like my body is out of whack for some reason. It's very annoying. Especially since, before the gym I had normal cycles!!! Ugn...

Brunch: Quinoa with 1 heaping teaspoon of organic cocoa powder, 1 packet of truvia, which didn't do enough for me so I added just a tiny, tiny bit of agave along with fresh strawberries. Very delicious. Oh, and a glass of milk.

Dinner was a turkey / ham sub. (3 slices) Natural turkey deli slices (Oscar Myer) and Black forest ham (2 slices), a smear of mayo, laughing cow 35 calorie french onion cheese and then a pinch of shredded cheese >.>; My side item was chips with hummus (I don't remember what the chips were called but they were not bad as far as fat / calories went).

Snack after workout 1 banana with cinnamon and a glass of milk.

Work out 45 minutes on the elliptical and 25 minutes circuit training.
ShyHeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 11:25 PM   #79  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Hello Everyone,

Thought I would drop in and say hey.
Larry congrats on the whoosh, the 1/2 way mark and getting to do yard work. I think you're the first guy I ever heard who likes yard work
berry congrats on getting past the munchies and having a good dinner.
camerashy congrats on the pounds lost, wow that sounds like a lot in that short amount of time. Wish I was losing so quick. Good Job. I never took a before pic. but I have some doozies that were taken at our Niagara Falls vaca last year and those will do the trick. But that's only after I reach a 1/2 way mark.
Krystal I'm glad the infection is on it's out. I hate infections of any kind and whatever it is always seems aggravated with movement (had whooping cough once...every step I'd cough and cough).
aggie I also like tankinis (not that I'd ever wear a bathing suit) it can hide and hold so much AND the convenience of a two piece. I try getting that point to my daughter but she picks one pieces. Then it's struggle with a wet suit when you really have to go! This year I shopped her suit alone-a tankini and she loves it.
zoodoo I am proud of you. As stressed and aggravated as you were you didn't eat those donuts YAY I think that subconsciously you do feel this is right and that you don't want to stop. Good job.

As for me, Blah. I made the 8.7 mile trek on the bike today in 30 mins. And that's about all I did right . Well I was doing good but making wrong decisions. To high and not enough so I would cut out food to lesson the calories. I guess that left me open to failure for dinner. Hubby didn't want to cook or shop (downpour) so he ordered pizza. If I would have only eaten 2 slices of cheese I would have been ok. But... I ate 5 slices. I felt icky afterwards then fell asleep. Geeze, but tomorrow will be better. Yesterday I was under today I was over does that mean they'll even each other out?
I hope everyone has a good night.
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 05:07 AM   #80  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5'4

Hi all, I'm afraid I've been AWOL for a while, was so busy at work last week and I'm not good at logging on at weekends.

Well I've been coasting for ages, getting annoyed with myself and falling off the wagon daily. I'm SO frustrated, my weight is creeping back up and it's making me really down. I've got 1 week until my first festival of the year, and although I know I can't make much difference to my figure in a week, I'm determined to do as much as I can. I went to my weekly power pump class at the gym last night, and managed to get up in time to run 4 miles on the treadmill this morning before work. I'm going to do my utmost to stick to my food plan and avoid all the temptations of sweet treats at work. I find this the hardest thing to do, so I'm really going to need to find some motivation from somewhere!

Sorry I don't have time to catch up with everyone's progress, but a quick skim tells me lots of you are doing great! So many about to hit onederland - I'm rooting for you all!

Happy Wednesday everyone :-)
themilesawaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 06:55 AM   #81  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

That darn scale!!!!!!! I'm up .4 today. Wah!!!! I am being ultra, ultra good. No cheating at all. Right on the calories, exercise every day. (though yesterday was light because my knee was bugging me). But I'm DOING IT. But I see puffy ankles every evening.

Maybe it's because I stopped taking my blood pressure medicine? (I had been decreasing it and decreasing it and last week I stopped it completely as my BP was getting low). My BP is still perfect and it didn't have a diuretic, but maybe in a way it did? I was on lisinopril. That's the ONLY thing that is different - that I'm now 'thin and fit enough' to not need BP meds. That's all good, but this stall out on the scale is driving me nuts! Worse, it's a WEIGHT GAIN on the scale!
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 07:23 AM   #82  

Berry, sorry for the stall, I know how frustrating that is, especially when you are knocking on the gates of Onderland. You will get there, I promise! Way to go with your decisions last night. One good decision at a time. Not sure what to tell you about the swelling, could possibly have something to do with getting of BP meds, they affect the efficiency of the blood vessels. Not sure though if it didn't have a diuretic in it. Maybe our helpful nurse could answer that. Maybe you should track your swelling and TOM and see if it correlates. Maybe your doctor would be interested to know how much you are swelling and how often too. Just a thought. Hugs to you, keep going, you are doing an amazing job !
Heather, I have learned that estrogen is stored in the fat cells, so it makes sense to me that as you are losing weight, you could see some changes like that? I have had some strangeness too, although I have always been strange so what's new?
Juicy, good for you getting to 260! So close to the 250s now! Don't beat yourself up about exercise, you are doing something and just think about what you will be able to do once you get some more weight off.
Mamakat, calorie counting gets easier once you do it a little while. Sometimes it can be eye opening, for sure!
Larry, way to go on the new low! Be careful Mister!
K9, that's a lot of beans So glad the infection is leaving you. Must feel good to get back to exercising. Sure the doggies are glad too!

Ok, that's all I have time for right now, although I have a lot more comments, wish I could just make verbal comments as I read! Keep up the good work, one good decision after another, keep going, keep moving !

Oh, and I almost forgot, my scale finally moved today to my previous low of 183.4, we will see if it sticks or not. I didn't have as many leftovers last night to feed the family after the game as I thought I did, so I fed them first and ate what was left (a tiny porkchop and about 1/4 cup rice, sprinkling of chopped broccoli), so I had a huge green salad to go with it to fill me up) so I am sure my calories were low which may be the reason for the dip. We shall see.

Last edited by jomatho; 06-15-2011 at 07:25 AM.
jomatho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 07:28 AM   #83  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Everyone,
I went up on the scale as well, but then that was no surprise since I ate all that pizza. Ugh and last night I had insomnia. More energy (working out) and insomnia could mean an episode is coming on, but don't know why it would. I'm just gonna stay positive and say that my body isn't used to the exercise so that's why I stayed awake last night and why my eyes are bugging out of my head now. As for energy, I'm not sure of that yet either. Motivation could be my energy. According to everyone (medical) exercise is recommended daily to help keep me from swinging either way so this should be a good thing and not a bad. So I'm staying positive! Oh and I'm up...1.6lbs. That's not bad considering my goal is to lose a pound a week and I had lost 2, I have room to go up and down
I hope everyone has a great day and here's to staying OP.
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 07:33 AM   #84  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

Weigh In: 145.8
Up: .2 (TTOM)

Tonight I have my monthly hair cut/color. I will be eating at the Japanese restaurant and expect a sodium gain for tomorrow.

Last edited by Diana3271; 06-15-2011 at 07:33 AM.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 09:18 AM   #85  

S/C/G: 163/143/135ish

Height: 5'2

Goodmorning Everyone! It's hump Day, so let's make the best of the rest of the week.

Tuesday 06/13
B: 1/2 Grapefruit, 1 turkey Sausage link
L: Turkey Sandwish, 4 fresh pineapple chunks
D: Saute'd Turkey Wings, Macaroni & Mixed Veggies
Snacks: O I'm a bad girl...1 pack of peanut M&M's
Water: 100 ounces, 1 bottle water with a crystal light
RachaelJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 09:50 AM   #86  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Thanks for the kind words about my new hair. I totally love it. Liberating doesn't even come close to how it feels for me. Now, I finally feel transformed. I dont feel like the old me trying to become something new anymore. Now I feel like the Something New and now it's time to keep going from here. Thanks for being able to see that in the picture, Diana. I had to smile at that.

The scale was real nice to me this morning with a WHOOOOSH of 3.2 lbs!!!! What?!?! Score ANOTHER point for a full day of clean eating and good sleep. So I'm back down to 189.2. I'm exactly 1 lb from my low (and June goal) of 188.2.

Fingers crossed that I can get a run in today. I am anxious to get on the treadmill because I haven't gotten a run yet this week.

Have a great morning and I'll check back at lunch.

Last edited by Vixsin; 06-15-2011 at 09:51 AM.
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 09:53 AM   #87  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vixsin View Post
Thanks for the kind words about my new hair. I totally love it. Liberating doesn't even come close to how it feels for me. Now, I finally feel transformed. I dont feel like the old me trying to become something new anymore. Now I feel like the Something New and now it's time to keep going from here. Thanks for being able to see that in the picture, Diana. I had to smile at that.

The scale was real nice to me this morning with a WHOOOOSH of 3.2 lbs!!!! What?!?! Score ANOTHER point for a full day of clean eating and good sleep. So I'm back down to 189.2. I'm exactly 1 lb from my low (and June goal) of 188.2.

Fingers crossed that I can get a run in today. I am anxious to get on the treadmill because I haven't gotten a run yet this week.

Have a great morning and I'll check back at lunch.
Wow Vixsin! Maybe that's what we all need to do? Get a hair cut to ensure weight loss? LOL So glad you are feeling great and are seeing great results.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 10:36 AM   #88  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryblondeboys View Post
Wow Vixsin! Maybe that's what we all need to do? Get a hair cut to ensure weight loss? LOL So glad you are feeling great and are seeing great results.
K9Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 01:44 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 155.2/ 133.1 /110

Height: 5'2

Yesterday I did my first day of ripped in 30. I consumed 2752 calories.
IsabellaOlivia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 04:26 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 255/220/140

Height: 5'7

VIXSIN~ cute hair cut! maybe the 2 pound loss was from chopping your hair off

mamakat~ how are you doing with the added foods? better?
think ill try the tankini again, i just dont like that they roll up and my belly shows!

larry!!!! congrats on reaching the halfway mark! and a new low!!

k9owner oooh one of those was really cute, thanks for the link
aggie2006 is offline   Reply With Quote