Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-02-2011, 01:42 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 161.4/145/130

Height: 5'5"

I know exactly how u feel when I'm not dieting I'm terrified of the scale and never get on. So I hadn't been on in a couple of years. Well I just started this week back at WW and I thought for sure I was around 150 and instead the scale read 161.4!!!!!

I'm the type of person that needs to weigh in weekly or else I stray and let it slide.

Good for you for going out and buying a scale. Good luck with your weight loss journey.
Proatthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 06:15 PM   #17  

Height: 5'8"

I understand the feeling of seeing the actual number. I used a scale for two years that I knew was way off and kept ignoring that fact. My husband would always tell me how different the scale was at the gym or doctor, but I chose to convince myself it was more inaccurate for smaller people and probably right for me, hahaha. Needless to say when I had to go get a physical and saw the actual number it was a little traumatic. Of course like an idiot I continued to use my scale and push that out of my mind while I gained another 10 or so pounds.

I finally decided to do this and went and bought an accurate scale. Seeing the number and accepting it was really hard that first day and I must have weighed myself 15 times. Incidentally I kept the old scale next to the new one and call it my happy scale. It makes me happy when the happy scale drops and I know the other one will catch up soon enough. At some point I probably have to stop doing these little things to trick myself.
erin9598 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 12:58 AM   #18  
back to square 1(70)

S/C/G: 176/170/150

Height: 5'5.5''

Quote:
Originally Posted by carter View Post
Don't let the news about your weight change anything - why should it? Your game plan should be exactly the same whether you weigh 20 pounds more or 100 pounds more than you thought: formulate a plan you can stick to, and stick to it. If you do that, over time the weight will come off. Doesn't matter how much weight it is!
You're exactly right. I still look the same in the mirror and ultimately the difference between where I am and where I want to be in terms of appearance is still the same. I'm just glad this has happened early in my commitment to losing weight so it hasn't set me back, it has just given me a more accurate picture of my starting point.

Thanks to everyone for the encouragement. It can be quite hard to talk about this type of stuff with friends in the *real* world and this community is proving to be really great. Good luck losing!
ahyessophie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 04:26 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 136/123/110

Height: 5'2

Don't worry so much about the scale. Take your measurements today, work hard, and then, next month, take your measurements again! Your weight will always vary. But your measurements are gold!
Loli is offline   Reply With Quote