Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2003, 02:25 AM   #16  
Dancing those pounds away

Mary.... I know how you feel... but remember this. Dianna doesn't know everything. You would have made a GREAT head librarian. Remember that Micheal Jordon's high school basketball coach told him he wasn't good enough for the high school team. He may have been the coach... but it didn't mean he was right.
You are worthy and qualified for that job... whether you get it or not. Hold your head up HIGH and stand PROUD. Yes you were cheated and it was not fair or right. But... life has never been fair.

Lucky... this is your lucky day... I happen to know who won the Rose Bowl.

Well ladies... I stayed on program today.
It depressed me rather than cheered me up... but I made it.
The first couple of days can be hard.
I seem to notice just how "FAT" I am when I first start.
I can deny my real weight problem... and think I only have a hundred to lose instead of 200. LOL
I did not do all of my writing... but I will tomorrow.
That is a pledge to all of you.
It is now going on 2am so I am headed for bed.
bye, bye
Old 01-03-2003, 07:27 AM   #17  

Good morning everyone!
It is very, very early in the morning here. I don't know if I should post this in this thread or not.

Well I have some good news, I weighed myself yesterday, and I don't weigh what I thought I did, I am at 237, don't know what happened to those other pounds, but hey! who am I to argue?

Okay, I have not a clue as to how you all remember what each person said, and then you post a response, one thing I know for sure, you all are good at it! I guess it will take me some time.

Have a good day
Cindy
Old 01-03-2003, 09:24 AM   #18  

Hello Ladies!!!

How is everyone? I haven't posted in a while. I am still OP. I am sooo glad the holidays are over!!!! I lost only 1 pound within these two weeks, but I am glad that I didn't gain! To much wine and food!! Now I am really back on track with everything. How has everyone been doing? It is nice to be back in the saddle again.

Have a great day!!!

Tonya
244/227/150
Old 01-03-2003, 09:33 AM   #19  
a work in progress...

Default Good Morning, kiddies...

Ugh...nasty weather today! Sleety, icy, snowy...it can't quite make up it's mind what to do. The kids were SO hopeful that school would be cancelled...SORRY!!!! It's not that bad out, just a pain in the butt to drive in.

Okay...first things first...

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY, STEPH!! I hope it was wonderful for you!

Duckie, I can only add to what the others have said, you are a good person and deserve to be happy. Your son deserves a happy home. Please be good to yourself and to your son and do what's best for the both of you. BIG {{{hugs}}} to both of you!

Mary, I'm sorry about the job...and the underhanded way that you were treated. You have handled yourself with dignity...showing that you are a better person...I KNOW they will be sorry that they passed you by. Come on, girls...we are going to Mississippi to boycott Mary's library!!!!

Thin...gee, that stinks about dh's car, but I'm glad he's OK! Now that we got my dh's car back, my daughter's car is in the shop...she had her license for precisely one week when it crapped out. We've only had it since July. NOW it poops out on us! grrr...

2cute...come on cheer up! We'are all in this together! Don't look at that big number. Concentrate on a small obtainable goal. We're gonna string a bunch of them together and get the job done!

Cindy...don't be too impressed with our powers of memory!! Just scroll on back and read what everyone said! I'm forever scrolling back and forth...I can't remember what I said two minutes ago! Maybe a daily dose of Gingko Biloba is in order for me this year!

Blast! I just saw how late it is. I have my library duties to perform this morning, so I have to run...I'll get to the rest of you all later!

Old 01-03-2003, 10:01 AM   #20  
Progress..not perfection

First of all, let me say to Steph: I hope you had a wonderful birthday and I am so sorry I missed it!

I had planned on hopping in here last night, but I kinda got busy and flopped out. Please forgive me. I came home from work and cooked dinner and when dh got home from work, we went to see "Sweet Home Alabama". Now, if your not from the south, you may not truly appreciate this movie, but we absolutely loved it. I can't wait for it to come out on dvd, because it will be mine!

I am happy to report that day two came off without any hitches! I stayed within my points and drank 10.....yes, count them! 10 8 oz glasses of water.....of course I had to get up in the middle of the movie twice and go to the bathroom!

Food has been really good and I'm feeling strong. Hope your all having a wonderful day and I will see you later!
Old 01-03-2003, 11:32 AM   #21  

Angry Good morning

Well... day one went well. I stuck to my food plan and drank only water all day. I did not do all my writing... but I am going to as soon as I click off of here. I guess I came across more depressed than I actually was yesterday. Thanks for all of your concern.

I am blank to anything to say this morning.
Thin.... I am soo glad your husband is okay. Did he total the car? How much snow are you getting? We are getting more snow this year than we usually get in 5 years.

Baylee... I thought I had a good start to today... but you put me under the table. LOL Way to go girl !!!

Tina... I too loved "Sweet home Alabama". But I love Reese Witherspoon. She is sooo cute. Congratulations on your great day.

Kat... you are such a sweetheart. I am cheered up.
I had a good day yesterday and I plan on having an even better day today. As we said... 2003 is the year for me.

Tonya... welcome back. That is great losing during the holidays. If you can do that... you definitely can go all the way.

Cindy... It took me a long time to figure out how to scroll and find the posts... but once you find it... you will be shocked how easy it is. LOL Like Baylee said... just scroll down and it will be there.

I know a couple of people have made comments about how little room there is to reply in. If you hit the "post a reply" button you have more room than if you reply in the little quick reply box.
The post reply button is green and you can find it just above the quick reply section (to the right).

Duckie... there is a saying I heard long ago and I think it is true.
"you are as fat as you are secretive". I find that a lot of us overweight women hold everything inside. I am glad you shared your little secrets with us. I feel honored with your willingness to open up with us.
You said qoute... "I decided last night as I cried myself to sleep that things are going to change".
Duckie... many have said this already.... "HE" is not the one who will be changing. It has to be YOU.
We as wives often spend all of our efforts trying to change our husbands when we should be changing ourselves. We need to quit acccepting unacceptable behavior. We teach our husbands and children how they are allowed to treat us. Has yelling and fighting ever fixed your problems? If not... don't yell and fight anymore.
Change is DIFFICULT. Whether we are changing our eatting habits, changing jobs, changing ourselves. But if where we are at is unacceptable.... then change is the only way out.

I am overstepping my bounds if I tell you what has to change in YOUR life.... but I feel change is inevitable. What you have now is obviously unacceptable to you. But I suggest a good place to start is to change YOUR behavior and realize you can't change his... no matter how much you beg, fight or cry.

I will close with another saying I heard that made a lot of sense to me....
"There is a big differnece in believing in God and Believing God."
Believe that God can and will provide for you... if you let him.
Old 01-03-2003, 11:44 AM   #22  

Thank you, 2cute, you really make alot of sense, and I know I have a lot of things to change as well, in the way I speak and ask him to do things, I know I don't come off sounding the nicest, I'm all teary eyed right now,cause you make so much sense, and I know your right.
Thanks to all my other angels, and you suggestions, it's nice to know some one cares, and is listening.

Last edited by Duckie25; 01-03-2003 at 11:52 AM.
Old 01-03-2003, 02:14 PM   #23  

Angry written in love...

Duckie... {{{{ HUGS }}}}
I hope you know that we are here for you.
Just remember... we care. We can not solve any problems for you... but we can be here for you while you find your own solutions. {{{ HUGS }}}

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 01-04-2003 at 09:00 PM.
Old 01-03-2003, 02:42 PM   #24  

Thumbs down My daughter just cooked me lunch....

ALERT !!!!

I have found a good fish... Tilapia. You can buy at WalMart... a bag of four, individually wrapped in the frozen food section in some Walmarts.. but in most Walmarts they are in the deli, in a seperate frozen food section. They are big and only 1 point per fillet. (less than salmon). Here they only cost $1.99 a bag of 4.

My daughter has cooked in both a lemon pepper marinade and a garlic/olive oil marinade. Today she just lightly floured and seasoned with garlic and salt/pepper ... then pan fried in the smallest amount of olive oil possible. It was delicious !!!

Just had to share this because I have never been a fish eater and they are so good for you. If you are like me and afraid to try new fishes.... don't be afraid of this one.
It REALLY is good.

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 01-03-2003 at 02:47 PM.
Old 01-03-2003, 03:10 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 332.4/228.4/175

Height: 5'11"

Just wanted to thank Thin for the birthday card. I got it in the mail today. I had a nice quiet birthday at home with the family. Today, we went to see Disney on Ice Princess Classics with my son's class. It was a really good show. Still staying op. Thin- glad to hear that your husband is ok. Sorry about the car. Tina- I loved Sweet Home Alabama as well, and I live no where near the South. Well, talk to you all later.
Steph
Old 01-03-2003, 05:52 PM   #26  

It's me... AGAIN.
I just wanted to come share that I have followed my plan today.
I wrote down the food I have eaten.
I wrote out my gratitude list.
I wrote out a positive affirmation.... " I grow stronger with every minute that I follow my program."
I have written about my emotions and not eaten over any.
I have also written down the amount of water I am drinking.

BOY... I feel skinnier already.

I am going to be tested tonight.
We are going out to eat at a restaurant where we get appetizers and desserts. I know I can resist desserts... but those blooming onions just love to jump into my mouth. LOL
But I will stand STRONG !!! Not because I am so good... but rather because I don't want to come back here and report that I gave in. LOL
Have a grreat day everyone.
Old 01-03-2003, 07:37 PM   #27  
I'm on my way!

2Cute...we will be waiting with baited breath to see if those onions got ya tonight!! I know they would get me for sure!!

Well ladies....my very first day OP and I drank my water and wrote in my journal and I think I got enough exercise at work today since it was the busiest day since I started there..up down, bending over, standing up, walking to the back, counting money and 7 trips to the bank! Phew....I'm exhausted! I also still have 12 points left and I'm not even hungry! Can you stand it? I really want this weight to come off so hopefully I will be able to resist and bank some points for when I really need or rather WANT them!

John went to a friend's house to watch the game tonight so its just me and my little guy tonight. WHen I get off here I am going to do the dishes John so willingly left in the sink for me today and then change the sheets on the beds and then Andrew and I will hop in bed and watch MR. Deeds. I fell asleep on it last night so we will finish it tonight!

With that said...I will hop off here and get my rear in gear!

TTFN Michelle
Old 01-03-2003, 07:54 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 340/240/155

Height: 5'3"

Talking joe_anne2Success

Hi Friends
I am so looking forward to a great new year. I have had many successes last year, even though they were not weight losses it still counts for me.
I have missed many group meetings with TOPS but not this year, I can see now that having friends does help a lot.
I wish you all have a great weekend and I'll checking in lighter!
Old 01-03-2003, 08:57 PM   #29  
You and Me in 2003

Thanks for the kind words about the job. It is cold here but at least no snow.
Old 01-03-2003, 09:49 PM   #30  

Arrow End of this thread

Well ladies... it is time to move on to the next thread.

STOP !!!!!! Do Not Post Here .....
INSTEAD COME JOIN US IN 300+ ..#262
See you all there
Closed Thread