Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2003, 04:21 PM   #76  

Are you PMSing? I know the Monday b4 I am supposed to start I feel the same way that you do. This sounds weird but sometimes if I have an upseting nightmare I will feel that way too. Is there anything that you can think of that would make you feel like this?
Old 01-06-2003, 04:33 PM   #77  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Chris, maybe you just need to get some exposure to sun or even artificial sunlight. Some people get Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) during the fall and winter months. (I just read an article online abut it). Something about the hormonal/emotional connection with exposure to the sun or lack thereof... hormones are a tricky thing. You could be PMS'ing like Kempy said or (forgive me for saying this) you could be PG--is that a possibility? I know I got real weepy and sensitive when I was PG, really unlike my normal grouchy self. Anyway, sometimes tears just have to get out and cleanse the soul. Hope you feel better soon--and the alfredo is only a temporary fix that may have long-term repercussions--don't do it!
Old 01-06-2003, 06:08 PM   #78  
Finally Fit!

I had an argument, via e-mail with my aunt in ohio. no one sent me a christmas card. My mother's family is there, all of them. 6 siblings and a slew of cousins. No one ever visits me, never has. Never geta burthday card. Never a phone call. I don't exist. So, today i asked my mother, via e-mail, why? she forwarded the letter to my aunt, who retorted with "it's all your fault'. I have a great relationship with my father's side, because all my life, they've pushed for us to be together, for vacations, holidays. Very big deal wo be together, no matter where we all lived. Ohio family, never really put forth the effort. So, she sent me an aweful e-mail, and then I sent one back, tryting to be respectful. Now a vein is throbbing in my neck.

I am really hurt by the whole ordeal. It was dreary all day, and te snow, which was slush by noon, is now being frozen.... and it's snowing again. I"m tired of this crap.

My mother and her are close, and I just don't know how "m supposed to deal wiht it.
Old 01-06-2003, 06:23 PM   #79  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

I can totally relate to the family troubles. My family is in general okay but my inlaws are nuts!!! My hubby has 4 brothers and none of them speak to each other. We could never have a family reunion because of all the hatred. In out defense we put up with alot of crap to a point BUT....

If you have never been that close then I wouldn't really worry about it too much. It is their loss. I know you would like to have a close family but sometimes it just can't happen. You can feel better knowing that you at least tried.

I tend to get more depressed during the winter. I think it is the lack of natural sunlight like Noelle said. I really should buy one of those lamps.
Old 01-06-2003, 08:13 PM   #80  
Finally Fit!

Yeah, i also think it's because i'm getting too much sleep I am in a new job, and i'm working later in the day, leaving me to sleep in and feel groggy all morning... to omuch sleep can't be good for me.
Old 01-06-2003, 11:38 PM   #81  

Hey. Another day done and gone.
I'm sorry to hear that you are feeling yuck Chris. I get that way too.... they had to give me meds. They helped alot but now I'm too poor to refill the Rx. I find that exercise helps if I can get myself out of bed to do it. Food does not. Sure it helps at the moment, but then when its gone I just feel worse 'cause I know I shouldn't have done that. The sun thing is valid.
Family BS sucks, too. We're here for ya babe.

Kempy - I have the eye of Horus (Ra reversed) on my lower back.
Love it.
I also have a 18" tall dancing Hindu goddes covering my lower/mid back, and flowers starting on the top of my right foot and wrapping around the ankle. My first was a small yellow rose on that ankle when I was 14. My father is a tat artist. Needless to say, I have plans to expand both my back and leg pieces. Just need the hot little body to go with them, HMMMMMMMMMM.

Speaking of... I went to the Step class today, 2nd time there, and left ticked off and with a headache. The instructor kept making these pointed comments about how I wasn't keeping up. I mean come on, it's my second class and she moves so fast between moves that I ended up confused and left in the dust. I actully noticed myself wringing my hands. Something that I do when I get stressed out. Maybe I'll give her one more try on Friday, but I am definately going to talk to her about the rudeness. The worst part, I didn't even feel like I got a workout 'cause I was so befuddled with the moves that she was doing. o-well, always tommorow.

talk to ya then,
-W-
Old 01-07-2003, 08:20 AM   #82  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

You guys are all so brave. I want a tattoo but I will NEVER have guts enough to get one. I hate needles. I did an "unofficial" weigh in today and it put me at 170.5(-2pounds)I am so close to being out of the 170's.I can't wait

MissWashu, that is too bad that your instructor was a little *****y. I would definately tell her that wasn't cool. You are paying for her services and she has no reason to embarrass you like that. I hope it gets funner for you.

Chris, How are you feeling today? Maybe you are sleeping too much. I do that usually at the beginning of winter and then when I do get out of bed all I want to do is just lay around. LOL

Kempy, How are you doing? I haven't talked to you forever.
Old 01-07-2003, 10:56 AM   #83  
Finally Fit!

Hey. Feeling better today. Talked to hubby this morning. I think the answer may be that I should just get up, every morning, even if I cdon't have an appnt. until afternoon. Have breakfst, talk to hubby. Then, take the dog to then ext town over, and take her fora nice wakl near the water. That way, I'm out of the house, and have someting to do. And, I do like walking there, it's where grandma lives, and it's really nice. We try to walk after dinner at her house. Another issue: we have dinner there 3 x per week. Kinda makes me feel like a kid, but hubby needs that family tie i guess. So, i think my planfor the winter is to getup and dressed, get out of the house, even for a walk. then, by the afternoon appnts, i'm not cranky and stuffy. And, it will get me my exercise, during the day, like I keep *****ing about. It's just hard, cuse this new job has a new routine, and for now at lest, i'm gonna be busy seeing my kids (teens) after school. that leaves me free allmorning. So, i'll work it out. maybe start setting up day time parties for my new scrapbook business. Just need the people. I'll see. Feeling better so far today. Dropped off an order, and checked my office e-mail at another office. Stopped by old office and chatted with old coworkers. Got be out. I'll stop at a church ladies house. I tol dher i had her order, and she invited me for lunch at noon, with another lady, who's interested in my stuff. So, it's a start. Today is better. Sorry to ramble on about nothing.
Old 01-07-2003, 11:45 AM   #84  

Chris is today any better for you?

W do you take aerobics at a gym? If so you need to speak with the manger or owner. We had an instructor that would talk down to the members and they hated her for it. She even yelled at me one day. I had to put her in her place after all I am her boss and I did nothing to warrant the yelling.

Angie good job girlie! Seeing you do this makes me want to push harder. I looked for your green light yesterday around 3 my time but I didn't see it. I was going to pm you then.

Noelle how is your day going? I am sure you are just getting up.

I was bad this morning. I set my alarm for 5:45 and I woke up at 1 AM and changed it to 6:45. That is terrible I am sabbotaging my own workouts. Needless to say that didn't give me any time to get to the gym. I think Joe will be home by the time I get home so I might come back up here tonight after work with him. I love working out with him. He pushes me. Of course, tomorrow I will be cusing him for all of the pain that I am in. lol
Old 01-07-2003, 02:26 PM   #85  
Finally Fit!

Well, i'mm really happy that I changed my routine today. I got up, and got out. I endedup haivng lunch with a friend from church, shared some thoughts I had about scrapbooking parties, and then came home, took a long walk. Slipperyt outside, bitter cold, but good for me. I have two more appnts, and then I come home and crash. Ate lunch, leftover pasta. No big deal, had a great talk with the friend. Triyng not to be alone too much cause it depresses me. Hubby subbed at the school today, and that's why I had to get out... too much alone time and I get antsy. So, today was okay.
Old 01-07-2003, 02:49 PM   #86  

Good for you. I like days when I feel like I have gotten things accomplished.
Old 01-07-2003, 03:36 PM   #87  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Kempy, why don't you forget about trying to exercise in the mornings. I could never make myself get up early and exercise so I know exactly how you feel. I am not a morning person. LOL

You were asking last week what to have Joe help you with and this is a great idea. If you love to workout with him and he looks like a bodybuilder so I am assuming he likes to workout then on the nights he is home why don't you two go to the gym together and that can be your workout time. It would probably be alot easier for you to do that.
Old 01-07-2003, 03:40 PM   #88  

I would love to do that but he doesn't really do cardio. I need to cardio. Really I need both. He doesn't want to stay an extra hour for me to do cardio and if he leaves I will follow. I have no desire to stay at work longer than I have to.
Old 01-07-2003, 03:47 PM   #89  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Good morning all. I'm feeling good today. Scale said 196 this morning...losing all that bloat from all the bad eating over the New Year's eve. Drank soooo much water yesterday and forced myself to walk 2 days in a row. Went to the grocery store to stock up on fresh fruit and veggies too. So I plan on being "good".

Chris, glad to hear today is better for you. I know sometimes just getting out and about makes me feel better. A change in routine is always hard. Talk to us about it, hope that helps.

Kempy, I wish my hubby would exercise w/me or teach me to exercise well. The most I can get him to do is go for a walk on 1 weekend day, and for that I am thankful. If he does decide he wants to go on an exercise kick he likes to do pushups and situps and use those 35 lb handweights which I only use as a doorstop. I'm one of those people who won't join a gym because I don't want to be seen exercising in public in front of other way-fit people--or worse, have those condescending instructors like Washu had.

Angie, you've got me interested in an elliptical machine. I keep looking at it when I go to Sam's Club. Do you love it? I'm impressed by your dedication and am awed by your results so far. Keep it up girl, you rock!

Washu, are you right in Seattle? I love that place. Got to visit there 2 years ago during the summer. It was sunny the whole week I was there and about 70-75 degrees. Very strange or so I hear. I was supposed to be in a 3 day conference but it was so beautiful out that I only went 1.5 days and ditched the rest of the time. I have a girlfriend who moved up there a few years ago but she lives in Federal Way. I'd love to go back and visit again. That zoo you guys have up there is cool too.
Old 01-07-2003, 03:56 PM   #90  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

I love the elliptical machine. Since I bought it I haven't touched the treadmill. I just keep switching off with my recumbent bike. It is so much quieter than the treadmill so it makes watching tv and working out so much easier. It is actually fun to do now that I have gotten used to it too. Like you I won't go to a gym either. I do not like people staring at me(it was my pet peeve in my yearbook too. LOL) I would rather have a livingroom full of equipment waiting for me when iam ready to do it. I split my workouts up so it is easier to get done.

Kempy, do your cardio while he lifts weights.

Last edited by angieME; 01-07-2003 at 03:59 PM.
Closed Thread