Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-11-2011, 10:55 PM   #31  
Meh

I wear the loose clothing as it reminds me that my efforts are being rewarded and encourages me to continue to push forward. Squeezing into a smaller size would only further reinforce negative affirmations.
Parenthesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 11:17 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 377/350/180

Height: 6'0"

Snug pants, looser shirts, my waist is bigger sized than my hips or my butt so if its LOOSE in the waist its HUGE everywhere else, like... ridiculous feel like i'm wearing clown pants huge. So I tend to get stuff that fits in the but and hips and sadly is a little tight at the waist, especially for jeans made out of stretch fabric, they usually adjust after half and hour and get comfier as the day goes on. I also feel more secure that way. Shirts are looser for me, unless its a tank top underneath another shirt.
silentarctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 01:01 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 181/175/125

I HATE loose pants, they make me feel like i'm wearing mom jeans. I wear my pants pretty snug, as long as they're flattering.

Last edited by therex; 04-12-2011 at 01:04 AM.
therex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 04:25 AM   #34  
banned

I recently came across your article and have been reading along. I want to express my admiration of your writing skill and ability to make readers read from the beginning to the end. I would like to read newer posts and to share my thoughts with you.
sweetsianjali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 07:16 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 184/129/130

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanIAm View Post
This is exactly me too! I will not wear anything too snug where the seams of the pants are simulating a grammar school wedgie but I am more uncomfortable with droopy drawers than tighter one's. And larger pants makes me look heavier. I didn't work this hard to let my clothes add 10 pounds!

Right now I am stuck between sizes so I have no choice but to go a little baggy right now. It's still belt workable though!
yup, that's me too. I will wear loose pants till wearing the belt looks awful then switch to the next size down. I tried wearing a very snug pair of pants but was way too uncomfortable to do it for much longer.
mom4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 04:36 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 217/seeticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Mine are getting really loose and I refuse to buy more until I have dropped more then a couple sizes and then only one or two that fit just right. However I refuse to wear shorts but I love gouchos and I bought a couple pairs of those because they will still fit even after loosing some lbs. I still have the ones I bought while I was pg last summer and now they are loose and comfy LOVE THEM!
Brooklynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 05:10 PM   #37  
Happy as a clam..........

S/C/G: 268/178/165

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetsianjali View Post
I recently came across your article and have been reading along. I want to express my admiration of your writing skill and ability to make readers read from the beginning to the end. I would like to read newer posts and to share my thoughts with you.
Thank you. I appreciate that.
downsizer55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 09:34 PM   #38  
J.la

Height: 5'0''

I wear the snug ones every day except when I have to work. I have a very active job and I need to wear the loose ones when I work because the rubbing against my stomach of the snug ones is too uncomfortable. Tomorrow is a snug day because I will be sitting at a desk all day. I truly believe that wearing my snug jeans helps me to make healthier eating choices
j0lamo01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 03:55 PM   #39  
Keep on Moving!

I've stopped wearing my big skirts with the elasticated waists. I had a few older skirts in a smaller size, which I haven't worn for ages. The first one I wore was fine, but I should have looked in a mirror before going out in the second. I've lost 2" off my backside, but it obviously wasn't enough - the back of the skirt kept riding up and I spent the whole day tugging it down!
georgeshair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 06:28 PM   #40  
Graceful Loser

I really hate clothing that is too tight so I would prefer the loose clothes. For bottoms, since I'm a pear shape, it takes me forever to get to the next size. So definitely loose for the pants. For the tops, it just depends. Some tops look great even when they're too big - I guess it's just the style of some shirts.

Overall, if I'm have a clothing dilemma, I always have my skirts or dresses. Those last me for a long time!
Hamoco350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 05:41 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 264/264/154

Height: 5'6"

I wear whatever's clean usually, but if i'm going out and between sizes, i'l layer the top so things get a bit more smoothed, and go for the tighter jeans (can't wear skirts/dresses due to some childhood issues.)
Arkani is offline   Reply With Quote