Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-10-2011, 09:05 PM   #16  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonjae View Post
. I was diagnosed with a type of migraine that increases my stroke risk by a good amount and they wanted me to take some crazy med with nasty side effects. I have found exercise (even just a little walk) takes them away. I have not had one in over 2 weeks. I always eat pretty healthy other then during holidays of course and I think I earn that whole 3-4 times a year to splurge lol. So the exercise I will keep doing as well. Thanks for the info on the matabolism stuff!
that is great that you keep the migraines away by exercising! and yes some people are just really, really slow losers, it IS so frustrating but I say keep at it!! Even when you are feeling despairing, say to yourself 'at least I'm trying!' - that's what I do.
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 02:59 PM   #17  
one day at a time :)

S/C/G: 324/278.5/162

Height: 5'5

You've said that you've tried calorie counting a couple times now and it hasn't really worked. Maybe it is time to try something different to see if calorie counting just doesn't work for you? I know I've tried a couple different plans before I found one that worked for me. There are lots of different plans out there, maybe you just haven't found the right mix for you. It sounds like you should be losing weight eating only 1300 or so calories a day. So maybe it's time to try taking a different approach, like low carb, or an exchange plan, or tracking the glycemic index. There are loads of different plans out there, I'm sure there will be one that can work for you! It is really frustrating doing something and not seeing any results, I hope you find something that will work for you!
ButterflySam is offline   Reply With Quote