Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-09-2011, 07:42 PM   #16  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacha View Post
Is OP veggie? If so, seitan is def. one of the best protein sources!
I was passing through this thread and omg, this seitan wrap thingy I used to get from a health food store (I was vegetarian for years before I got pregnant with my first child) was TO DIE FOR!! It was so good, that even after I started eating meat again, I would pick up one of those wraps if I was in that area of town...now I want one!
GlamourGirl827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 07:50 PM   #17  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

I'm asking myself this question some days too. Some days, like yesterday, I'm just not very hungry. I will eat a little breakfast, eat a little lunch and a normal dinner and not need more. A few times now I've ended the day under 1000 calories. That is usually followed by a day where I'm hungry and eat to the top of my calories.

It just doesn't feel right to eat just to eat. Or to not eat when your body is telling you it needs to eat, so I sometimes wonder this myself: am I eating too little? I'm going to say no because I have a lot of energy, workout nearly every day and feel good with 7-8 hours of sleep.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 12:32 AM   #18  
Maintaining Mommy

S/C/G: 280/128/<135

Height: 5' 4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryblondeboys View Post
It just doesn't feel right to eat just to eat. Or to not eat when your body is telling you it needs to eat, so I sometimes wonder this myself: am I eating too little? I'm going to say no because I have a lot of energy, workout nearly every day and feel good with 7-8 hours of sleep.
I could have written this almost verbatim. Most days my calories end up around 1200-1250, and there are many days when I struggle a bit to get them that high. My body tells me when I haven't eaten enough, and when it does I feed it more, but otherwise... I don't want to eat just to eat.
chickadee32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 07:43 AM   #19  

I've noticed my whole life that if I listen to my body, eat when I'm truly hungry, stop when I'm satisfied and make those foods I eat healthy, clean foods, I only eat about 1000 calories a day. However I rarely listen to me body and over eat, eat out of boredom, binge and sometimes makes less than healthy choices.
I believe our bodies, if we could remove all food issues, obsessions and addictions would in most cases give us the signs we need to eat what we need. I have no proof of this, lol and it's just my observation of myself and my opinion.
I see your height, but what is your frame? I am very small framed. My wrists and hands are super small. I wear a size 4 ring now, still over weight. Also my resting pulse rate is in the low 50s and my BP runs systolicly in the 90s, sometimes in the 80s. I've always been like that. Even my respiratory rate is on the slow side. (other "things" also "move" slow but I take things to help that along) I have no proof of this again, lol but I believe it's shows that my body may have one of the more slower metabolisms for my size. Think about some of the diet pills, what they do is speed up your heart rate...I'm not saying I'm right. I'm just throwing that thought out there.

Last edited by GlamourGirl827; 04-10-2011 at 07:44 AM.
GlamourGirl827 is offline   Reply With Quote