Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-05-2011, 08:38 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 200/176/140

Height: 5'4"

Stacy - My thoughts and prayers are with Deb. And the egg thing...ewww.

Diana - I must have slept thru ours??? I guess we had some!

Shells - I think the shorts look great!!! You have a great figure!!
Woo hoo, some water weight is gone! Yesterday my face was actually swollen up (around my eyes I can always tell). I don't feel so ehh, bloated now. Off to eat some breakfast! Have a great day ladies & Larry!
LindseyLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 09:21 AM   #62  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellsbrood View Post
Good Morning, all! So very exhausted today. My kiddos kept me up most of the night.

Finally, a new low! My ticker has been at 194.4 for almost two weeks. It's only moved .4, but hey, I'll take it! Calories were 1,512 yesterday and I exercised for an hour.

I took a picture of me in my new shorts. You can see that they're pretty snug! (I've always had large thighs) But, they button and zip fine, so that made my day. I won't be wearing them out any time soon (besides, we have a ton of snow still), but I knew I could share the pics with y'all.
Look how shapely you are! way to go you! Looking great!
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 09:27 AM   #63  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

LLBold, that's a GREAT idea about the cupcakes! Thanks!!

Larry, thanks! I'm so glad your loss stuck! I figured it would. AMAZING accomplishment at Golden Corral!! You SHOULD be very proud of yourself!!

shells, you look AWESOME!!! I envy your height! You're only about 15 lbs lighter than me, but you are a LOT thinner because of your height. I hate being short! I would wear those shorts out JUST LIKE they fit you. They don't look overly tight to me. I wore some capris out yesterday that fit about like that. I think you should do a before and after pic so we can compare how much you've lost!

Weigh in is today. Makes me sad when I know I'm not expecting much because I haven't given it my all the previous week. But it was a good weekend, so I guess maybe it was worth it. My friend may not be going with me tonight....she has a funeral to go to this afternoon. I'm going anyway! And hoping for the best!

Yesterday, I planted flowers in my flowerbeds, did SEVERAL loads of laundry (washed, dried, folded and put away), cleaned BOTH my kids rooms, made my husband his favorite (spaghetti) because he had had a rotten day, washed baseboards (hadn't done that since we moved in...they were GROSS!!), cleaned off and swept the back porch (it had accumulated JUNK since we moved in).....plus just did some general straightening and other miscellaneous cleaning.....my legs are sore from planting flowers today!! They usually are after I do my first gardening work in the spring. It's a GOOD feeling though!

Gotta get ready for work.....bbl!!

Hope everyone has a completely ON TARGET day!!!
GainingWeightInLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 09:57 AM   #64  
Blessed!

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/175

Height: 5'9

Diana(LA)--Wow, you're one busy lady! I've been soooo lazy with housework lately. I just don't wanna! Thanks for the kind words. I've always wished that I was short and petite. Often, I feel like an Amazon compared to my friends and my weight will never be 125. But, I'm starting to see the benefits of being tall and embracing it. And, sure, I'll do a before and after once I finish personals.

Thanks, Berry and Lindsey! I don't think I could ever be a stick, but that's ok, right? A girl needs to have some curves.

Berry--Congrats on the .2! The taco salad sounds delish.

Lindsey--We're going to Walt Disney World for 8 days without the kids!! This will be our first real vacation since we were married 10 years ago. It was only fitting we'd go back to our honeymoon spot.

Roadbikerchick--That bike ride club sounds like a lot of fun. I think I'd probably be more of a biker than a runner.

Diana--Sorry for the lack of sleep, but yay for TOM being short this month. Did you get that new scent you were thinking about? My dh ended up buying Farenheit on a whim and at first, I hated it! But, after he wore it for a while, it went really well with his body chemistry and it changed. Whew...because it was expensive! He's still very much in love with the Escada. I wore it on Sunday and he walked into the livingroom and said "WOW, you smell SO GOOD!!". I guess he does really like it.

Sum--My dh texts from his phone and the predictive text mess ups really make me laugh.

Larry--Those veggies are making me . Awesome choices!

Kids are fighting...be right back...
shellsbrood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 10:02 AM   #65  

S/C/G: 138/134.5/118

Shells... you're looking great!

____

Down .2 to 122.6 ... I'm starting to feel spoiled by the scale!

Dragging a bit this morning... I just drank some coffee and it made me feel jittery but no less tired. :-( I'm seriously considering skipping my 1pm and taking a nap. Law school is done 1 month from today... weird!

I'm going back to the running store this AM... the running shoes I got are a HUGE improvement, but I realized on the treadmill yesterday that my feet don't match! My left foot is perfectly stabilized now, but my right is still overpronating a bit. I read online that it is better to overstabilize one foot than to let the other overpronate, so I'm going to the running store to get some advice and probably some insoles.

Last edited by LLBoldAsLove87; 04-05-2011 at 10:02 AM.
LLBoldAsLove87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 10:10 AM   #66  
Melissa

Upcoming engagements:

1. Tomorrow evening dinner out at this restaurant http://www.woodberrykitchen.com/ with one my husband's bosses and his former boss and our friends from Ontario, Canada. This one I think I have covered on what to wear and eat.

2. This Saturday I am going to a wine tasting and gourmet dessert party with several close friends. I'm providing one of the desserts. I have no idea what I will eat or drink! I guess diet soda or tea and come full and a bag with some healthy snack alternatives?

3. On Mother's Day I'm giving a presentation at our local Ethical Society where I'm a member. Now, I've given one presentation every year, but I have NO IDEA what to wear. I'll probably be 5-8 pounds less than I am now and can't get by with winter attire. Yet, buying a new 'dress up' outfit for maybe wearing something ONE TIME doesn't seem smart either. Suggestions there?

Last edited by berryblondeboys; 04-05-2011 at 10:12 AM.
Old 04-05-2011, 10:44 AM   #67  

Quote:

Lindsey--We're going to Walt Disney World for 8 days without the kids!! This will be our first real vacation since we were married 10 years ago. It was only fitting we'd go back to our honeymoon spot.
Awesome!! I love Disney!!! You're giving me and idea...I think we need to plan a vacation, haven't been on one since our honeymoon.
Old 04-05-2011, 10:45 AM   #68  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLBoldAsLove87 View Post

Down .2 to 122.6 ... I'm starting to feel spoiled by the scale!
Old 04-05-2011, 10:48 AM   #69  
Blessed!

Ok, I've added some pics for comparisons. Most of you guy have seen the before. Please excuse the hair in the picture with my ds...it was a bad hair day.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg before.jpg (23.1 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg 064 (640x401).jpg (21.7 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 0327111048 (2).jpg (20.6 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg 0404111440.jpg (11.8 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 0328111419 (360x500).jpg (97.5 KB, 8 views)
Old 04-05-2011, 10:48 AM   #70  

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryblondeboys View Post

3. On Mother's Day I'm giving a presentation at our local Ethical Society where I'm a member. Now, I've given one presentation every year, but I have NO IDEA what to wear. I'll probably be 5-8 pounds less than I am now and can't get by with winter attire. Yet, buying a new 'dress up' outfit for maybe wearing something ONE TIME doesn't seem smart either. Suggestions there?
I would look into a consignment shop or something. When I was needing "in between" clothes I picked some things up at a consignment shop. I didn't want to go out and buy new duds only to wear them for a month or in your case, for one time. That's my best suggestion.
Old 04-05-2011, 10:49 AM   #71  

Quote:
Ok, I've added some pics for comparisons. Most of you guy have seen the before. Please excuse the hair in the picture with my ds...it was a bad hair day.
DANG! Hot mama!!!! You look fabulous!!!!!
Old 04-05-2011, 10:51 AM   #72  
Blessed!

Berry--I'd go bargain shopping. There are some great sales on dresses in the $30 range. Could you get something nice that can be worn again? Then, there are also the consignment shops. Maybe there's something nice there?

Lindsey--You definitely should!! Go go!
Old 04-05-2011, 11:14 AM   #73  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

HOLY COW Shells!!!!! Hot Mama!!!

The scale was good to me today. Down 1.4 to 200.4. Good scale. LOL It's nice to see the water weight from the weekend go away. I am sore from yesterday's workout, and achy from sleep, so I'm confident that there is more water weight to disappear soon.

Going to dinner with my super healthy friends tonight. LOVE IT!!! My kashi pizza people! Woo hoo! I'm so excited.

Might do a little strength work tonight. Or maybe some Yoga. I can't decide. LOL

Sum: No, I haven't been to the doc about my hip. It's getting better, it's just a sloe process. The workout yesterday didn't irritate it too much, so I feel good about keeping it with the elliptical for a while. I'll get back to running again. I loved it far too much NOT to.
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 11:18 AM   #74  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Just a quick stop in. I wanted to let you all know that although he can be insensitive DH is trying. He's been going to a class every week for family members of Bipolar. He realized the mistake of just dropping the bomb on me like that. The only thing is once I'm in a depression or mania I can't just snap out of it. And like an idiot, I did not call the doctor yesterday. However, I did this morning after blacking out last night.

I ended up eating everything I could get my hands on yesterday. Luckily there wasn't anything gross on the floor while I was picking things up because I guarantee I would have eaten that too. I was out to destroy myself yesterday and I did a grand job at it. I see the doctor in 2 hours so I was thinking of working out before hand. I'm just not in the least motivated. I'm sort of worried I'll be hospitalized and right now my husband is on a plane across country. And as I've mentioned before I haven't any friends or family so I'm scared.

I'm getting sick of being scared all the time. Ok, I'm going to my bike and I'm going to ride 8 miles. I won't have time for weights. I wish you all a happy and healthy day.
Kat
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 11:21 AM   #75  
Melissa

Quote:
You can barely tell it's teh same woman! I bet your husband can't keep his hands off of you! (remember how more babies get here!)

Are you feeling sexy again? You look it!