Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-23-2011, 06:07 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthardygurl View Post
So, ive been not following a diet plan..Ive been simply watching calorie consumption slightly but not tracking. I decided just to eat healthy things and i havent really been doing anything, and yet ive been losing weight.
Ive been buying frozen entrees for dinner, eating yougurt and oatmeal for breaky and eating pita and hummus and veggies for lunch..and drinking soda..and still losing weight..so is the secret to success to stop thinking about it?? what do you think?
But you are thinking about it. You might not be feeling like you're thinking a lot about it, however.

I think one of the keys to weight loss is to have a plan and follow the plan. You did that! And it worked for a week. The question is whether this is a sustainable plan. After all, lots of plans work for the short term...
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 06:30 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 298/238...285.5/217/150

Height: 5'5"

At some point your menu will getting boring, unsatisfying. Or it will be challenged by a social outing offering other food (not a frozen entree, yougurt, oatmeal, pita/hummus and veggies). That can be difficult to navigate by just watching consumption without learning what food items will equal the frozen entree, what snack choice is similar to pita 'n hummus, etc.

I agree with other posters, its working for you now - great! But it doesn't look sustainable - not so great. As long as you are open to reevaluating your non-plan, go for it.
DixC Chix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 06:42 PM   #18  

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnP View Post
I'm clearly in the minority but I believe obsessing over every last detail does no good. Yes the OP will hit a point where what she is doing will no longer work but the same can be said for all of us, at least in theory.

The more you obsess the more you stress. More stress is not good for weight loss or your health in general. Just relax and embrace the suck. Deiting sucks. So what?
there is nothing wrong with just having a set variety of meals to choose from that will keep you under a certain caloric intake a day. Seems to me that is what she is doing. It definitly makes things easy
cherrypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 06:57 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 168/159.6/139

Height: 5'6"

While I am doing South Beach now, I tried clean eating a couple of years ago. I didn't count calories, just ate whole foods, veggies with each meal, lean protein etc., and lost. I've read that if you are eating only whole foods and no processed foods, your body does regulate itself. Often people are hungry because they are not eating the right foods and so the body thinks it's "hungry" because it is deficient in something. Perhaps you are just listening to your body...although I don't think those processed meals or soda are good. The whole grains and veggies are. Do what works for you while it works. When it doesn't anymore, re-evaluate. There's no point in stressing when you don't need to. Stress just makes weight loss more difficult. Good luck!

Last edited by NicoleInCt; 03-23-2011 at 07:03 PM.
NicoleInCt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 07:13 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

I agree, obsessing about it does no good. But you do have to be conscious what you put in your mouth, what your activity is, etc. But I don't think it's healthy for anyone to fret about it. That does nothing for your body, in my opinion.
racrane is offline   Reply With Quote