Another Whoosh! - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-21-2011, 10:35 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 163/137/130-132

Height: 5' 6"

Default Another Whoosh!

I guess I am one who looses in whooshes! When I dieted 11 years ago, that was not the case, but I guess the body changes over the years. The scale stands still at the exact number to the tenth for two to three weeks, and then I drop three. Actually, my first reading said I lost 3.5, the second said I lost 3. I went with the second, so that next week I can maybe have the motivation of seeing at least a half-pound loss LOL Mind games. Anyways, it is good to have figured out a pattern because about six weeks ago I was really frustrated with the scale giving me the same numbers day after day with no results.

The whoosh always comes after a weekend away too. Strange. I forced my boyfriend to pick a restaurant on Saturday. I said I was tired of picking, just pick for goodness sake. And he did. Thai. "Well CRAP!" I thought LOL I couldn't complain because I just had a mini freak out on him to make a gosh darn decision LOL The only Thai thing I have ever eaten is pad Thai, and I have no clue what on the menu would be healthy, so pad Thai it was. I swear the box of food could have easily fed a family of four, and it was just for ME! There were probably 4,000+ calories in that box. I grabbed the smallest bowl in his cupboard, smaller than an average cereal bowl and put in what I estimated to be 1-3/4 to 2 cups, added a bowl of berries for dessert to fill me, and it fit into my day, but from now on, I won't complain about picking the restaurant LOL
aimeebell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 11:07 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 240/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2

Mmm. I love Thai food! Two of my favorite low cal things to get at a Thai resturant is the Tom Yum soup with Chicken (Broth based soup, not the coconut milk based) and Larb with Chicken (Spicy salad with chicken, onions, cabbage, and spicy dressing).
digitalrequiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 11:11 AM   #3  
Playing to Lose

S/C/G: 194/ticker/129

Height: 5' 1"

I heart wooshes! I look forward to TOM now because I have a big whoosh when it is done. It'll be here in 1 week and 4 days! Yay! LOL
ShanIAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 11:45 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 163/137/130-132

Height: 5' 6"

ShanIAm, WOW! Just looked at your stats! You started on the same day I did. 33 pounds lost in that amount of time is amazing!
aimeebell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 08:18 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 153/135.5/120

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanIAm View Post
I heart wooshes! I look forward to TOM now because I have a big whoosh when it is done. It'll be here in 1 week and 4 days! Yay! LOL
AAAAAH! Never say you look forward to TOM... you're going to jinx ALL of us that way!

That said, wooshes are pretty fun.
maydaymayday911 is offline   Reply With Quote