Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-17-2011, 01:03 PM   #1  
One step at a time

S/C/G: 183/136.2/125-130

Height: 5'7

Default Mmmm...St. Patty's Day "Boiled Supper!"

I've always loved St. Patrick's day. My birthday is in late March, so I've always associated St. Patty's with it almost being Megan Day. And it's around the beginning of Spring which is glorious. And it's just a fun, kinda silly, kinda random holiday. I embrace it to its fullest.

Besides wearing green and blasting celtic music all day, I'm making a proper Irish American "boiled supper" for dinner, and I'm thrilled. Boiled corned beef, potatoes, carrots, onions, and cabbage (I'm leaving soda bread out this year). I only like corned beef one day a year, but I LOVE it on St. Patrick's day. And as far as holiday feasts go, this one is fairly easy on the waistline. I'll have one potato, plenty of cabbage and carrots, and a smallish portion of corned beef. Although I won't like the sodium effect on the scale tomorrow morning from the corned beef, everything is calorie counted and logged already, including my green beer.

Happy St. Patty's day!!!!
mkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 01:15 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 273/ticker/140

Height: 5'4

enjoy!
bitetoobreakkskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 01:29 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 298/238...285.5/217/150

Height: 5'5"

My Irish eyes are smilin' at the thought of your dinner.

May the road rise up to meet you...!
DixC Chix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 03:23 PM   #4  
Keepin' on...

S/C/G: 350/208/150

Height: 5'4"

I'm having it, too, Meghan, and I'm super excited! I've really been watching my sodium lately, so . But I rinsed it, which probably didn't help much. Oh, and I cut off that layer of fat, too. HA!

I love St. Patrick's Day, too, it's my little sister's bday, a little red-haired Irish lass she is! When she was really little she used to call it St. Magic's Day, so that's what I still call it. If you're at the park with her and see a clover patch, she can find a 4-leaf one almost every time.

Last edited by shannonmb; 03-17-2011 at 03:25 PM.
shannonmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 04:02 PM   #5  
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

Height: 5'2"

I'm doing an Irish dinner too, except I'm not leaving out the soda bread. I just can't do it!
FitGirlyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 05:11 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Oh God, i want some corned beef and cabbage so bad! My mom is a Donohue so you know we take it seriously...I would kill for some corned beef and cabbage and potatoes tonight. OH well.
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 05:16 PM   #7  
Es ist ein neuer Tag!

S/C/G: Highest 280+

Height: 5' 7"

Sounds good. I am making mine on Sunday. I didn't want the extra sodium this close to my official WI (Sunday morning). I also have more time on the weekend to cook. My 80 yr old mom lives across the street from me and I told her on Tuesday I would be making corned beef and cabbage on Sunday and she was thrilled. I made it for her last year, too. I'm sure she's counting down the days.
MamaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 06:32 PM   #8  

ha, going to the restaurant tonight--they will be having an irish dinner. yay!
Old 03-17-2011, 07:36 PM   #9  
One step at a time

S/C/G: 183/136.2/125-130

Height: 5'7

Yay, everyone, good to see so many people are enjoying the deliciousness of an Irish dinner!!

We just had ours and it was faaaaaantastic. It was my first time making it by myself (my father always cooked it), and it was my husband's first time eating it (he's from a German/Polish family). It was definitely a success, I'm just bummed that there are no leftovers for red flannel hash or colcannon, hehe.

And our lips and tongues are still green from our green beer, hahaha.
mkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 10:11 PM   #10  

The restaurant's wasn't as good as mine...but it was decent. very full. my 2 H was 118 and that was with 1 1/2 glasses of sweet tea, so apparently i can handle sweet tea or something. I also ate a huge salad. i am actually quite shocked about my b/s being in a good range.