Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-09-2011, 04:32 PM   #1  

Height: 5' 3"

Default Scale is not budging... Clothes are getting loose... What is happening?

I am a breastfeeding mom. I have lost 8 pounds in 1.5 months doing calorie counting. I was able to fit into my pre-pregnancy jeans 3 weeks back. I was very excited and since then I have been mostly sticking to my plan. I had a few setbacks here and there. That is the reason i joined 3FC to be more accountable and get support from you guys.

I haven't lost a single pound for the past 10 days. But, all my clothes are getting extremely loose. My pre-pregnancy jeans are also hanging off of me loosely. I am not sure how that is possible as I am 14 pounds above my pre-pregnancy weight and also have visible belly. I am happy about my clothes getting loose. But, I am not sure what is happening. Any thoughts?
willgethealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 04:39 PM   #2  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

How old is your baby? Your body is probably still just adjusting after pregnancy. It took mine about 6 months to shed the extra fluids and what not. Or it could just be the natural weight behavior. I would ofter loose inches and not lbs and it usually happened after a large lose. So I'd loose loose loose, then nothing for awhile while my body shifted due to the lose.
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 04:44 PM   #3  

My baby is 4 months
Old 03-09-2011, 09:36 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 238.5/?/no more scale 4 me!

Height: 5ft 4 (on a good day!)

honestly if all my clothes were so big they were "falling off" as you said i wouldn't even bother with the scale, u must be losing weight....
bellastarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 10:29 PM   #5  
one more time...

S/C/G: 183/157.8/133

Height: 5'4" no, 5'5"! I grew!

I had a similar experience a couple of months ago, when my baby was 6 months old. I didn't lose anything (I've been stalled for 2 months now) but suddenly my pre-KIDS jeans fit. And I'm still 10 pounds up from my pre-kids weight. I take my measurements as well as weigh, and apparently my hips shrunk 2 inches and allowed my old jeans to fit. Have you taken your measurements? Sounds like something similar may have happened with you.
Congrats on your baby, and on losing the baby weight!
booskibabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 02:06 AM   #6  

@ booskibabe: Thanks for sharing your experience. It makes me feel better. Whenever I suddenly loose a lot of weight or suddenly reduce in dress size, I get tensed. I kind of feel like this is not permanent change and will be awaiting for it go back to "normal". It is very difficult for me to take sudden unexpected changes, both positive & negative. It helps to know that someone lost inches without weightloss and kept it off.
Old 03-18-2011, 01:20 PM   #7  

Finally! After 3.5 weeks, the scale went down by 2.4 pounds. Down to 173.6 lbs.
Thanks for all your support that kept me going instead of losing focus.