Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-07-2011, 09:53 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 200/?/155 High:254

Height: 5'5"

Default I Had An "Oops" Weekend

Yup, I did. I'm sure everyone here knows exactly what I'm talking about and has had them too. I had a lot of carbs and a lot of salt (and a lot of calories in general) and now I'm retaining water like crazy and up to 197 from the 192 that I saw 2 days ago. *Sigh*

Back on the wagon for me today! I have my meals planned out:

Breakfast - protein shake
Lunch - Big 'ole salad with chicken, beans and lots of veggies
Dinner - Baked honey mustard chicken breast and roasted veggies
Snack - almonds and/or banana

If I write it down I'm more likely to follow it. These 5 lbs of water weight will be back off in no time!

The other bummer about this weekend is that I hurt my knee so I'm out of commission for exercise for a little bit

I feel that I'm not going to see much for REAL results this week but I can hack it, I can hold in and my goal of being below 190 by the end of the week I think is going to have to be extended to the end of NEXT week

Last edited by Bombe; 03-07-2011 at 09:54 AM.
Bombe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 09:58 AM   #2  
I am in control.

Height: 5'9

Well, it happens. Today is a new day and a fresh start. It's great that you hopped right back on the wagon to start anew! I despise water weight...actually, I don't think anyone likes it!!
Emme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 10:08 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 200/?/155 High:254

Yeah, water weight can really mess with you!

I KNOW I didn't gain 5 lbs. of fat this weekend and I KNOW I'm retaining water (I can even see it in the puffiness in my face) but it's still hard to see that number on the scale. I weigh every day so the fluctuations don't freak me out anymore now that I know what to expect when it comes to my body. But those daily weigh in's do help keep me honest
Bombe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 10:16 AM   #4  
one choice at a time

S/C/G: 275/155/189/???

Here's a story for you. Last night I got on the scale right before I went to bed - I don't usually at night, but I was tired, and sort of on autopilot. My half-asleep brain just went into morning mode, so after I peed I stepped on the scale.

This morning, after a full night's sleep (and peeing twice more), I was down 4 full pounds compared to last night. 4 pounds "lost", just from sleeping, breathing, and peeing a couple of times.

That really drives home to me just how large fluid swings can be - if I can lose 4 pounds in moisture over less than 8 hours, wow. You have the right attitude about these 5 pounds - just give it time, and remember that the number on the scale at any particular time is arbitrary. Don't let the temporary fluid bounce get you down - it's just masking your fat loss.
carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 10:27 AM   #5  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

It's okay I did the same and have gone up a few pounds also- but 1-2 days of clean eating will bring it back down- you didn't eat 17500 calories soo it should go down fast- the weekends are always tough IMO.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 10:30 AM   #6  
Simply Filling Technique

Smile

I am going through the same thing. I have been up and down this past week. It is a lot of sodium and I know it but it doesn't make weighing in any less nerve wracking. Patience. Patience. Patience. That and lots of H2O. I hear you about your knee. I had a horrific charlie horse mid last week and I was limping for 36 hours.

Onward and downward.......
pamatga is offline   Reply With Quote