Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-28-2011, 02:56 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 180/177/130

Height: 5'2

Default hello,,I think I need help

Hi everyone,,I'm new fat chick just joined in
I'm in weight lose battle for a long time I kept yoyoing & I'm starting to get sick of that
I just lost 10 lbs but I gained it back ,,I feel awful I don't want to lose same weight twice(actually it is more than twice),but it seem is hard to keep the weight off
I need someone to help me rid of my frustration & start dieting again hoping to keep these pounds off this time
I'm really feel down because I'm always get back to the starting point
Jolly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 03:04 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Welcome!

Tell us what you have done to lose those ten pounds before. Maybe all your food plan needs is a little tweaking. We can help with that.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 03:19 PM   #3  
Tellin' it like it is!

S/C/G: RESTART:153.5/147/135

Height: 5'4"

you need to check out this podcast by a lady named Leigh Peele, who JUST covered this very subject... it is available both in i-tunes AND as a .mp3
at

http://www.leighpeele.com/podcast/feed.xml

ep-35-blogcast-lose-8-gain-8.mp3
mkroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 03:22 PM   #4  
Danielle

S/C/G: 293/see ticker/193

Height: 5'8

Well u have a lot of support here! I know exactly where you are coming from. What changed me was when I got on the scale and weighed almost 300 pounds!!! Im 24 years old and i want to live a long healthy life. You just cant do the "I'm gonna wait until monday to start". Gotta start today right now!
MzJuicyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 03:50 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 56 kgs

Height: 1 57cm

same goes for me
i don't eat much a few days then I get hungry and start eating alot
but I don't want to give up !!!>.< and I don't know what to do after I eat I don't feel like doing exercises
pandagirl18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 04:06 PM   #6  
Danielle

S/C/G: 293/see ticker/193

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandagirl18 View Post
same goes for me
i don't eat much a few days then I get hungry and start eating alot
but I don't want to give up !!!>.< and I don't know what to do after I eat I don't feel like doing exercises
Exercise is key! I use to HATE it but now i LOVE it. Just something your body has to get use to. I like to do a lot of different things like zumba, yoga, kickboxing, treadmill. It's all fun. Just try to find something u like and find a friend to come along!
MzJuicyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 03:13 AM   #7  

I was eating like 500-700 cal a day & I was losing about 1 lbs daily
& then I miss all crappy food I used to eat ,so I eat a lot of junk food just for two days & all my lost pounds I find them again
I don't do much exercises but I enjoy walking
Old 01-29-2011, 07:46 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

It seems to me that eating 500-700 cal a day is way way too low

No wonder you feel deprived and then hit the junk food.

Most of the women lose by eating around 1200 cal per day and most men about 1500 cal per day. It depends on your weight when you start.
Higher start means you need more cals so these figures are not exact.

Try 1200 cals with a lot of veggies. I eat six meals a day and keep within my calorie limits.

Breakfast, morning snack, lunch, afternoon snack, dinner and an evening snack.

Walking is a good exercise to start with. Take your dog or if you don't have one borrow one with permission from your neighbor. They are great companions
to walk with.

You can do this!

Larry,
--------------
Though no-one can go back
and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now
and make a brand new end.

~ Author Unknown ~

Last edited by Larry H; 01-29-2011 at 07:54 AM.
Larry H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 08:01 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 254/181/165

Height: 5'7.5"

My advice
1. put an emphasis on strength training not cardio this time around: one of the best ways to avoid the yo yo affect is to build and/or maintain plenty of lean muscle mass. if you lose weight without strength training you will also loose muscle which means your body will require less calories to maintain so when you go off plan and stop doing cardio whoosh weight gain.
2. try to find meals you know that you love and can eat forever that are low calorie. this new book just came out called the 400 Calorie Fix which would probably help you figure out low calorie options even when you aren't making your own healthy meals.

It's good to see that you are back and trying to get control of your life again. It'll be hard but you can do it again and this time you can keep it off.
niafabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 01:12 PM   #10  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by niafabo View Post
My advice
1. put an emphasis on strength training not cardio this time around: one of the best ways to avoid the yo yo affect is to build and/or maintain plenty of lean muscle mass. if you lose weight without strength training you will also loose muscle which means your body will require less calories to maintain so when you go off plan and stop doing cardio whoosh weight gain.
Weight training is a great idea while dieting but not for the reason listed. At rest a muscle burns 5-6 calories every 24 hours while a lbs of fat burns about 2. So while muscle burns 3 x as much as fat it really makes little difference. 10 additional lbs of muscle would only burn 50-60 extra calories a day and 10 lbs of muscle is a lot of muscle ... so realistically it would likely be much less.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 01:16 PM   #11  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly00 View Post
I'm really feel down because I'm always get back to the starting point
I think you need to turn that frown upside down and be excited. Why? You've found a forum that will help you solve all of your problems. Educate yourself about calories, nutrition, and exercise. Understand there is no magic bullet but in the end it will be so worth it because not only will you have lost the weight and kept it off you will in the process extended not only your life but the quality of it. Congrats on joining the forum!
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 04:43 AM   #12  

Thanks all for supporting me I appreciate that