Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2002, 12:57 PM   #1  

Question Which weight loss plan should I follow?

Hi everyone,
I am new to this board and want to get started on weight loss. I was going to go to WW but I really don't have the extra money this time of year. Can anyone recommend a good weight loss routine to follow at home? I am 5'9 and weight 180. I've been trying to get going with the WATP tape 1. I just am not sure of the right foods. I am addicted to carbs!! Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!
Old 12-01-2002, 03:19 PM   #2  
One day at a time

I use the bfl program. you can check it out at bfl.com they tell the program. There is also a thread about bfl on 3fc.
Old 12-01-2002, 04:23 PM   #3  

Thanks Sheila_220. I've been browsing around the boards. There are so many options I don't know where to begin! I'll figure this out eventually. (I hope, lol)
Old 12-01-2002, 04:32 PM   #4  
Empress/Queen

Hi, Zimera!!! I've broken through my plateau by doing WW at home. Before that I just counted calories but really like the POINTS system. The kit cost about $100 but since you already know the program and I presume have all the info, you wouldn't need to buy anything. WW online also costs ... I started doing it there, but it isn't very efficient. There is a WW forum on 3FC and lots of other (free) support here besides. I hang on the 26 Days to Christmas Challenge thread and people there do all sorts of plans!!! Good luck whatever you chose. Methinks any plan works if you work it and it doesn't have to cost a dime!
Old 12-05-2002, 02:03 AM   #5  
Fighting the Krispy Kreme

Hi Zimera1:
I would say that you really don't need a special program. I follow a moderation diet, so if you like those carbs (like we both do) it's just a matter or cutting down on them instead of eliminating them completely and then adding more veggies instead. This has worked pretty well for me. As for the WATP tapes; I love them, but they're not for everyone. Walking around the block is just as good and sometimes more fun as well. I'm a couple of inches shorter than you but started out at about the same weight, and so far have lost about 30 lbs just eating in moderation with regular exercise.
Anyway, wishing you the best of luck,
Meribeth
Old 12-05-2002, 10:57 AM   #6  

Hi Maribeth,
First I would like to say Congratulations on the weight loss! I am beginning to think my main problem is not enough exercise. I am a dental assistant so I do a lot of sitting during the day. As far as moderation, that will be a challenge because I find it hard to eat "normally" with my weird hours. I like your idea though....it sounds a bit easier. Thanks for the help!
Closed Thread