Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2002, 09:10 AM   #16  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

WOOO-HOOO I got the laptop and I'm really on line! Lost but on line This is fun!

I'm not going to try to catch up except to say KAT: I worked in collection for three years for the phone company. I loved the work and was a top collector but I hated having to use the "phraseology" where you had to say exactly what they expected. I might try working for a private agency when I retire.

Still OP and loving it. Yesterday I got to the Y and swam for an hour and a half. My hip was acting up cause of the weather. It was 45. yesterday. Woke up this morning to almost a foot of new snow off the lake. It's one of those days where it's either sunny or snowing like a blizzard and it can change 3 times an hour.

Keep warm,
Old 12-01-2002, 12:39 PM   #17  

Day one: Weight is 216....gained 3lbs over the last two months but I am happy because I thought it would be WAY more.

My goal for Monday, December 2nd is to drink 64 oz of water and exercise.....and post here if I do or if I don't.

Okay, I think that will be enough stress for one day.

I am on my way to being Sara!!

By the way, Sara, I want to know every minute of your party....how was the dress, dancing, conversation?????

Later, the Vikings are on soon.....

Old 12-01-2002, 02:09 PM   #18  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everybody! Well, girls, it's the first day of December and we have just 24 days to make a difference before Christmas. That means staying out of all the goodies we'll be baking and staying on track. We can do this if we stay focused!

I saw a great article in this month's Family Circle magazine and I have decided (with your permission) to share some of it each day for the next 15 days. It is titled Stay Slim This Season: 15 Ways to Ward Off Weight. I thought the tips were pretty good so that being the case, I wanted to share.

It begins:
Think weight gain is inevitable this time of year? Think again. Despite the fact that people with weight problems can gain 5 to 10 pounds between Thanksgiving and New Year's, you don't have to be a statistic. To keep your waistline and sanity intact during this hectic time, we've provided tips to keep the pounds off. Whether you're staying at home, visiting relatives or attending more parties than you can count, there are strategies for every situation to keep your diet on track.

The first tip is this:
Choose your food wisely. Katherine Tallmadge, R.D., author of Diet Simple (LifeLine Press), gives this advice: "When you get to a party, check out all of the choices, and select one or two items that you want to have small portions of." Then fill half your plate with salad and vegetables so there's enough room only for meager amounts of fatty favorites such as mashed potatoes, brisket or stuffed cabbage. And prioritize holiday favorites. "Skip the chocolate chip cookies since you can have them any day of the year, and indulge in a slice of the seasonal buche de Noel instead," she says.

Well, that's the first installment. Stay tuned for the rest of the series.

Tina: You really missed it. We were chatting until 10:00, you should have stopped by when you got home. * I'm glad you had fun out with your son. That's important too. And bless your granny. That is the kind of positive reinforcement that we need to keep going.

Lucky: It was great talking to you last night. I hope I get to do it again soon.

Katrina: Ditto for you too. But let me tell you, you missed some good conversation after you left!

Mary: I hear you were there too. Sorry I missed you, I didn't get in until later. * Hey, BTW, when was it that you were coming up this way? I don't want to miss the chance to meet you somewhere.

J-Ann: So glad about the laptop, now you'll be able to join us more often.

Michelle: Wow, you've had a busy day already. Have a great day out, just you and Andrew.

Well, girls, it's like this. I have a coupon for 25% off at the Franklin Mint and it expires today. They have a beautiful sculpture of Gandolf the Wizard on horseback (from the Lord of the Rings). Honey has read that set of books at least once a year since he was in high school. They are his favorite. I thought maybe that would be a nice surprise for him for Christmas and at 25% off, it would be a nice price. Too bad I have to battle the crowds at the mall today in order to get it. Decisions, decisions. Ok, you made up my mind for me......he's worth it! I'll see you all later.....if I make it back in one piece!
Old 12-01-2002, 07:14 PM   #19  

I just printed out two resume's to mail tomorrow...I also did a "March to Fitness" video by Kathy Smith. It said it was 40 min but I don't think it was. I will have to use a clock tomorrow !!! I can't let Kat and Baylee be the only "Sara groupies"....

Shoot, back later.
Old 12-01-2002, 07:31 PM   #20  
a work in progress...

Default draggin' this to the top!

Quiet day around here for sure...I suppose eveyone is bustling around doing Christmas shopping and the like. I managed to get over to Marshall's to buy a gift certificate for my SIL. (She's in California) I had my son with me, so any browsing I had planned on doing was cut extremely short...just as well. We then ventured into Michael's (craft store)...the smell of cinnamon just called out to me, beckoning to me, "come and and browse and find the perfect thing to craft for Christmas..." not with an 11 year old boy in tow, THAT AINT HAPPENIN'! I tried...I told him just let me look around and get some ideas...hah! I managed to get out of there with a sack of cinnamon scented pinecones, a candle and some greens that I put together in a basket for the coffee table...it looks and smells lovely! I bought a swag of greenery and red berries to hang over my picture window and that's all we both had patience for. When I'm done here, I'm going to empty the ONE box I pulled out and put those decorations out. A little at a time. I usually try to do it all at once...which doesn't make for a very merry me! This will be kind of fun, doing it a bit at a time. I think FlyLady's influence is working wonders.

Well, that's all I have time for...

Oh yeah! Today, Dec 1 is the official weigh-in day for Baylee, Lucky, Tina and moi, (so far, all are welcome)...once a month. Shall we report here how well we've done...(food, exercise, water, positive attitude) each day? Would that be something like journalling, Lucky? Anyway...officially, I am, at this very moment...ulp...258...WHEW...there, I said it. So now, it's time to get this job done, WITHOUT packing 10 more lbs on over the holidays!

I just deleted a prediction of how much I will weigh, come Jan 1. Uh uh...not gonna fall into that trap! I intend to have a GLORIOUS month...eat well, be happy, revel in holiday fun, and accept myself, as I am, right now. I hope that you all will join me in a happy, healthy holiday season!

Now, I really have to run...can you imagine, the kid wants to be fed too? sheesh...

love to all...

of course TWO of you had posted as I was rambling on and on...come one girls, grab hands, here we go!!!!!!

Last edited by katrinabgood; 12-01-2002 at 07:42 PM.
Old 12-01-2002, 08:03 PM   #21  

Hello,

I pop in from time to time and check out your thread. I am noticing that some of you are doing quite well, CONGRATS!

Now share, what plan is everyone on, how is the weight loss going?
Old 12-02-2002, 01:45 AM   #22  

Angry A late night quickie!

Hiya Chickies!

Just heading off to bed and decided I needed to make a quick post! Thanks for all the inquiries about the party! Truthfully, I didn't have an AMAZING time... but it was alright! No where near as formal and classy as hubby's work's Christmas party last year. I told him we could let the extra $13,000 he's making at his new job console us! BUT... and here's what REALLY mattered... I felt LOVELY! The sleeveless gown I was so worried about made me feel like a princess. To top it all off, I got my hair done in an up-do (bubbles) something I never did before because I always thought my face was too fat! Not any more; I LOVED it! Anywho, we took lots of pics and if they come out alright, I'll use one in my Christmas Cards to you guys. I'm gonna try and get them developed tomorrow.

Hmm. Today was working out, doing a bit of Christmas shopping and decorating the house for Christmas! Now it REALLY feels like the holiday season! I've bought about 1/2 my presents in the last couple of days and tonight I wrapped them and put them under the tree! Now... hopefully my kitty Moses will leave them alone and not tear all the pretty bows and wrapping to shreds!

Baylee, Lucky, Tina and Kat: Woohoo to you guys! Today (rather YESTERDAY at this time in the morning) is the start of something that will change your lives forever in an amazing way! You've realized that you have the power within yourselves to take control of your eating, your health and your lives! It feels amazing to know that you'll never wake up in the morning again and wish you'd started last year, last month, last week. You guys are doing it RIGHT NOW! Woohoo!

Baylee: It sounds like your DILs really hurt your feelings. You've been through so much in terms of your health! ...hmmm... sometimes people (maybe your DILs?) say things that they don't really mean... Just know that all of us here WANT to know how you're doing and are truly concerned about how you're feeling!

Forgiven: Welcome to our little corner of 3FC! You've found an amazing group here which you are SO welcome to become a part of! (To respond to your questions, I've lost almost 100 pounds in the last 7 months; if you're interested, check out my online journal!)

Okay. Gotta get myself to bed!

Catch all you ladies tomorra!
Sara
270/172/150

Last edited by SaraJoy; 12-02-2002 at 01:47 AM.
Old 12-02-2002, 07:39 AM   #23  
You and Me in 2003

Angry

Hello Chickies
Thin: We are coming next summer sometime. I'll let you know.

Today is the last day for the head librarian so when the job is posted i'll apply. I went shopping yesterday to try to finish my christmas shopping. I stopped by my stepmothers and my sisters.

Hope all of you have a great day. talk to you tonight.
Old 12-02-2002, 08:06 AM   #24  

Sit down....I have already exercised......and it's 6:58AM

I did The Firm Upper Body workout this morning but think I will have to switch that to nights. Lifting weight right out of bed was not a good idea!!!!! So I think I will do March to Fitness in the mornings...easier on my back.

I keep trying to think of a way to keep the Day #1 excitement going into day 2!!!!!

Kat, you are on a Christmas roll!!!! Don't you just love Michael's!!!!

Sara, Can't wait to see your pictures. Are you a poster girl for that "nothing tastes as good as thin feels?"
Old 12-02-2002, 01:40 PM   #25  
a work in progress...

Can everyone hear the "Rocky" theme playing in the background?
Old 12-02-2002, 03:28 PM   #26  

"Rocky" Yep! And I can see them running up those steps too!!

j-ann
Old 12-02-2002, 03:49 PM   #27  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hey everybody! What a glorious day! I woke up to a lovely blanket of white this morning. The perfect day to get out and do some shopping. Too bad most of my shopping was of the type that I do, but what the heck, I did manage to pick up a couple of Christmas presents too. It's about 28 degrees. The roads are a mess, but it has steadily been coming down since about 6:00 this morning. WooHoo!

Well girls, it is December 2nd and one day closer to Christmas. I went to WW this morning and I stayed the same at the scales. That to me was a good thing, given the holiday. Now I'm back and ready to lose again.

Here is installment #2 from the Family Circle magazine:
Snack pre-party. You know you shouldn't go to the party famished or you'll overeat once you're there. But how do you make up for the extra calories that you'll inevitably consume there when you have a small taste of apple crisp or bread pudding? Eat lighter during the day, but be sure to eat three to four times, suggests Heidi Reichenberger, M.S., R.D., a spokesperson for the American Dietetic Association. Have small snacks that are low in calories and high in tummy-filling fiber. Good options include green salad, fresh fruit and air-popped popcorn. If you arrive at the party hungry, you'll be more likely to grab whatever you spot first -- no matter how fattening it is. So be sure to snack shortly before the party and to have something light.

Baylee: I'm sorry about how your family made you feel. It sure goes to show you/me/us that there isn't anything we ever say that won't at some time come back to haunt us. It's too bad that people don't keep that in mind. Know that we all care deeply for you and want to know of your trials and tribulations. [[[hugs]]] BTW, you are one STRONG woman to be able to throw away the turtle and cherry cheesecakes! A stronger woman that I could ever be!!!

LuckyLadyBug: Hope something becomes of those resumes. * Sounds like you got your day started off right. Keep up the good work.

Katrina: I'm surprised you even got your son to walk into a Michael's. Mine would have stayed in the car crabbing for sure.

Forgiven: Hello. Thanks for dropping by. I do WW and have lost 38 pounds currently.

Sara: I'm sorry the party wasn't just what you expected, but feeling like a princess, anywhere, has got to be well worth it. Can't wait to see the pictures.

Mary: Oh good. I didn't miss anything. I was beginning to worry.

2cute: Where the heck are ya, girlfriend. Time to get back here.

Malia: Now that you've been off jet-setting with the upper crust (said in my best british accent) don't you have any time for us anymore. We want to hear about your trip.

Duckie: Where are you, honey. Are you making out ok with the law advice?

J-Ann: You were supposed to be here more often with that new laptop.

Well, girls, I guess I better get out of here and get some work done. You all behave yourselves for the rest of the day. I think maybe I'll go out in the snow again and do some more shopping. Love to all.

Last edited by thinthinker; 12-02-2002 at 04:06 PM.
Old 12-02-2002, 05:29 PM   #28  

Hi Ladies,

I'm still learning to use this thing but I was able to update my stats. DOWN 2 POUNDS!! I AM HAPPY!

THIN: Thanks for those daily tips. I think they'll help a lot.

BAYLEE: WOW! Good for you getting all of that temptation out of the fridge. I am REALLY impressed with you comittment.

LUCKY: The only exercise I got all day was shoveling, but I did quite a bit of it in spurts. It's only supposed to go up to 20º tomorrow. BURRR!

Gotta run ... have to set the table.
Old 12-02-2002, 06:56 PM   #29  
Michigan Old-Timer

DO NOT POST HERE! GO TO "300+ And Ready To Try Again....#247"

See you there!
Closed Thread