Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-24-2011, 10:53 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 245/240/160

Height: 5'9"

Question Equipment question

I am not sure where to post this - I am just getting started with this weight loss journey and step one was cleaning my room so I have space. Me next step is getting a scale - my parents have an archaic one that I am nearly positive it doesn't work. SO, I plan to buy a new one. Anyone have one out there that they really love? Currently, I don't have a budget for a Doctor's scale because I hear they weigh the best. Any suggestions?
ManticCherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 12:44 AM   #2  
STREET DOG

S/C/G: 231/230/145

Height: 5'8"

I spent about 6000yen (a little more than $60) on a nice digital scale that reads in increments of tenths/kg. It also has functions to save settings for individual family members and even hide that information from guests. If it's just for you, I imagine you can spend less. In the States, I found similar models to my current one at Target.

You don't have to go bankrupt getting a scale but don't be afraid to jump for the $20 price range to the $50 one; it's made a lot of difference for my state of mind.
Kahokkuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 10:04 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 189/186.8/160 (restart)

Height: 5'5"

I bought in Costco which has been great.

I like the quality of Costco products versus the price.

But at the end of the day, what matters is that scale is working, it has enough increments (I find that 0.5 lbs is too much for me, I need 0.2s or 0.1 increments).

Oh and that you take care of it when you get it. Don't put unnecessary weights on it and put it on a flat surface (carpet doesn't work!!!).
Rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 10:13 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 201/198.6/140

Height: 5'4"

I have a WW digital scale that I love. It measures in .2 increments...I need those fractions some days! It also measures body fat (or it used to...but my son dropped it and now it doesn't...so I second taking good care of it, sigh).
sept15lija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 11:51 AM   #5  
I am in control.

Height: 5'9

I use a Health-o-Meter scale and it measures to the tenth of a pound. I've had it for four years and I love it. I bought it at WalMart for around $35 I think.
Emme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 11:57 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

I got some cheapo scale at Wal-mart for $15 and it is 100% accurate. I weigh myself at home and then when I get to work (on a doctor scale) and they're exactly the same every day (in the same clothes, etc).
rachael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 08:34 PM   #7  
Set and determined...

S/C/G: SEE TICKER

Height: 5'6"

I got one from Dollar General for $10. It's glass, really nice, and measures in tenths. I recently got it but had no problems so far. I've gotten "cheap" ones from Walmart too that I've had no problem with. I don't think you need to spend much for a good one, especially if it's just you using it.
Call Me Stephanie is offline   Reply With Quote