Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-23-2011, 07:47 PM   #1  
trying to impress myself

S/C/G: 296/see ticker!/140

Height: 5'4"

Smile stop "fat talk"

hey everyone,

i'm for sure guilty of negative self talk, feeling ugly, and not feeling good enough. my friend turned me on to this website- its called operation beautiful. this woman basically started out by putting positive notes in public areas (where women are) so that it touches a stranger, and its grown into a nationwide project that women are doing to uplift each other...anyway, read more on the site. this is just the type of thing we all need to pick ourselves up and remind ourselves that we really are beautiful, inside and out.
i'm going to start looking at it, taking posts from the site and putting them around my apartment. positive self talk is key

check it out.

http://operationbeautiful.com/
fillupthesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 08:04 PM   #2  
We'll go with that!

S/C/G: 262/230/175

Height: 5'7"

Oh I read about this a few months ago in a woman's magazine. Very interesting and inspirational!

LR
LightRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 08:55 PM   #3  

Height: 5'5

cool site. Thanks
cherrypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 09:04 PM   #4  
trying to impress myself

yeah, i thought it was pretty cool too thought it was definitely pass-along worthy!
Old 01-23-2011, 09:35 PM   #5  
Back in the saddle again

S/C/G: 249/ticker/149

Height: 5'6"

thanks for the link - definitely something I need to work on

Even today, got totally annoyed with my roommate for talking about her "long" legs (she's a touch taller than me and average length pants fit her fine...they're even a bit too long). Not that I said anything to her, but I am apparently not fine with only me talking myself down - now, I want everyone else to do it too How dare she not just be okay with her legs/body, but actually see something positive that's not necessarily even really there (based on my own warped definitions)?

Definitely another thing to add to my list of things to work on
spixiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 11:11 PM   #6  
trying to impress myself

yeah, i feel you. it's like we're all programmed to look for flaws, rather than look for the beauty. i think it's important to remember we're all a work in progress, but to still admire ourselves along the way

although, i wish i had long legs!!! lol
Old 01-24-2011, 12:08 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 280/274/199

Height: 5'5"

Someone wrote in on a bathroom stall I used something like "you have a sparkling smile that lights up the room". Reading those words def put a smile on my face and brightened my day a little. It was so sweet that someone wrote that, and it made me hapy to think of all the other women to see that.

I heard about this site but forgot about it, thanks for the link, I'm going to make more of a practice of this!
BigBlueStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 12:13 AM   #8  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

I post these sometimes. It's such a neat idea. None of mine have shown up on the site that I know of, but it's nice to think of who they might have been read by and the effects it might have had.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 01:05 AM   #9  
Set and determined...

S/C/G: SEE TICKER

Height: 5'6"

I've done that with my friend... but I should totally start writing notes and leaving them places some day. Seems like it would be SO fun.

When my husband gets paid I'm going to buy some pretty sticky notes <.< >.>
Call Me Stephanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 03:29 AM   #10  
trying to impress myself

i think it's a great idea as well- i have some post-its here, and some colored pencils. i might just go on a rampage this week and attack random areas of seattle. heaven knows this very gray place needs a pick me up once in a while
mandalinn, i think she suggests that you take pics of the notes you're leaving behind and sending them to her to make it on to the website
there is something to be said about the possibility of affecting another person in a positive way. can't quite articulate it
Old 01-24-2011, 03:42 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 234.5/ticker/130

Height: 5'4

That is a really cool site! Thanks! I'm thinking about doing a little post it noting myself. Hehe!
CurryMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 05:15 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 223/199/140

Height: 5"3

This is such an excellent idea. I think I might put up a few post-its where I work. Even just reading the ones on the website made me smile. Seeing one in a random place would be even better. Women should be less vindictive and more supportive of each other.

Last edited by BekiCT; 01-24-2011 at 05:34 PM.
BekiCT is offline   Reply With Quote