Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2002, 07:54 PM   #1  
Michigan Old-Timer

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again.....#246

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.
Old 11-29-2002, 09:25 PM   #2  
You and Me in 2003

Angry

Duckie keep your chin up we love you

I put up my christmas tree yesterday and decorated it today.
I went into town at 5:45 this morning to get some yard ornaments. I got a sleigh and two deer for $15.00 each.
Did a little shopping also.

I took my turkey carcus and made soup DH and son said it was good but I didn't eat any. I have to work tomorrow. The head librarian leaves the first of the week so Dec. will be hectic but at least my friend has started subing.

Hope all of you had a good Thanksgiving. Mine was Ok.

I went by the cemetery today 1st time since Big Ma's funeral. I had a good cry

I have been wanting a hot fudge sundae all day I guess its stress.

Oh well I better shut up my ranting.
I have to buy cards and get themm out too all my chickies. You all mean a lot to me.
Old 11-29-2002, 09:54 PM   #3  
Progress..not perfection

I'm here. I don't feel good today. I've been sick at my stomach most of the day.........not sure why. I'll be back tomorrow. Hope you all had a nice Thanksgiving.
Old 11-30-2002, 09:21 AM   #4  

Angry Hey Chickies!

I'm just making a quick post! I've got a thousand things to do today, most of them focusing around my hubby's work's Christmas Party tonight. I WAS planning on doing most of my Christmas decorating today but that may have to wait until tomorrow! I've got a few chores around here to do, then off to the gym for workout and tan; I don't normally use the tanning beds but this week I've been trying to tan my arms a bit because of the dress I'm wearing tonight! Then I'm coming home to shower and hopefully popping back out get him hair trimmed and put up! (I say hopefully because I haven't, as of yet, actually made an appointment anywhere!) Should be lots of fun! It's SO good to feel that I'll look NICE at the party... a lot of times, like at my hubby's xmas party last year, I felt fat in comparison to all the other woman dressed in their gowns! This year I'm SO excited!

Started my Christmas shopping yesterday!...and to officially bring in the season of shopping, I first bought myself an outfit! I can fit, albeit snuggly, into size 12 jeans! Woohoo! That WAS a size 22 seven short months ago!

Hmm. Hopped on the scale this morning and it's looks like I'm down a couple more pounds even though it's not my offical weigh-in day!

Okay, enough stalling! Better get this day going!

Sara
270/172/150
Old 11-30-2002, 09:30 AM   #5  

Baylee & Kat, I think we should inlist Sara as our official inspirational coach. Of course, Sara, you have to promise (on all the fat you have lost) that you won't quit posting here just because you are slim & trim but will show us the way.

Sara, have fun at your party because after that your work really begins helping us!!!!

Well, my sister just left...they are coming back at Christmas.....don't know how I feel about that. My sister and I always have fun and this time my BIL was okay but I know I will be pushing luck if he is here again next month!!!!

Chat time???????
Old 11-30-2002, 09:51 AM   #6  
a work in progress...

Default 'Mornin' glories!

How's everyone today?

Yesterday was very successful...I ate WAY within program...and it felt good! I have noticed that when I eat properly, I do not have the cravings or the so called "hunger" in between meals. I am not specifically going "low carb," but it seems that the less processed food and sugar that I have, the more satisfied I am with what I eat...anyway...one day down! Come to think of it, I did not exercise though...I'll work on that today. No put downs or self defeating talk...I'll just get to work!

I will be in and out of the house today, but I'm up for a chat! Just name the time!

Baylee, sounds like you're having a blast with your family! Tomorrow is a great day to start, enjoy your meal(s)!

Lucky, well, you survived the BIL...tell us all about it! And, of course we wouldn't start without you...are you ready???

Mary, big HUGS to you...I know how hard the holidays are without a loved one...esp the first one. I'm glad you were able to have a good cry...it helps.

Tina, I hope you're feeling better, hon. We haven't had one of your famous l-o-o-n-g posts in a while...I miss them!

Duckie...Baylee is right. They cannot put you out on the street, esp with a small child. The bank is using scare tactics to get you to do their bidding. The law is on your side. Use it, and throw it in their faces! I wonder how these people sleep at night.

Sara...where are you? Out jogging? Come back, you are my Muse!

Michelle...So, how did the stuffing come out? and how's the new job? Come on, girl...dish!

J-ann...I can totally relate to your cooking fiasco...I've had lovely dinners all planned out and timed (or so I thought) to have everything done at once. We'd sit down to eat and cut into the meat, only to find it still moo-ing or clucking! At least it gave you and your friend some time to catch up...that's called the "silver lining!"

Thin...good for you, getting what you came for! See? That's the kind of stuff I have no patience for...retailers luring the masses into the store, only to give them the old run around when they get there...at an ungodly hour, I might add! I happily did some shopping on-line yesterday...(check out www.overstock.com.) I found CDs for my daughter and the hot, new "Yu-Gi-Oh" set! (If you don't have an 11 year old boy, don't even ask)

Dollar...that is GREAT news about your BP! Wow. Good for you, de-railing your binge! Today is the party, isn't it? I'm sure you'll look lovely in your size 14 dress! (Oh, how I live for that day!)

2cute...have a great visit!

Malia...are you ever coming back? We've missed you!

Well...I'm outta here. Lots to do...little time. I'll keep checking to see if we've decided on a time to chat...see ya'll later!

Last edited by katrinabgood; 11-30-2002 at 09:54 AM.
Old 11-30-2002, 09:58 AM   #7  
a work in progress...

DUH!! It took me so long to post, Sara and Lucky snuck in while I was typing away...

Sara...have fun at your party...I know you will be the belle of the ball!

Lucky, name the time, baby...I'll be there!
Old 11-30-2002, 10:46 AM   #8  
Progress..not perfection

Thanks Kat, I am feeling a little bit better today........stomach is still tore up though. I honestly think it's because I decided, despite the fact that I've been doing so good lately, that.........."Thanksgiving is only one day a year, so I am not going to deprive myself. I will eat whatever I want to and then get back on track the next day. It won't hurt me that much." Yep, those were my fateful words. I was so sick and unhappy yesterday. I know you all know the feeling........stomach feels like it's about to blow up and that terribly uncomfortable feeling that you just CAN'T get rid of? In addition to all this, and I can't even believe I'm telling you this............I have been a big ball of gas. Is that too rude? Is that sharing too much? I can't help it though.......if I can't tell you guys, who can I tell? It's almost like my stomach was rebelling against me saying......"What the are you trying to do to me?!" I was burping and (well you know) ALL day yesterday and what was coming out, was not pleasant..........believe you me. I call them (lovingly) "boiled egg burps". You know, the kind that comes from way deep down, burns as they come up and when they come out.........you can almost see the green gases? Yep, that was me yesterday. I was sick all day. When I laid down to try to get some sleep, it was like all the gas would build up and I thought I would explode! I would have to get up out of the bed, kinda do a little dance, pat myself on the chest and finally it would come out........and it was not pretty. Poor dh was hiding his head under the covers, just trying to save his own life! At one point, he told me one of us would have to leave the room................actually, to be completely correct, his words were, "Geez Tina, your gonna have to go to the living room. Your stinking up the bedroom." I can't believe I just told you that. Even as I sit here typing, I want to go back and delete this whole post, but I won't. Why? Because I want record of what I have done to myself. I want to share with you what this thinking did to me..........
Quote:
"Thanksgiving is only one day a year, so I am not going to deprive myself. I will eat whatever I want to and then get back on track the next day. It won't hurt me that much"
The thing is: It DID hurt me. It ruined my whole day. I was bloated, my stomach hurt, I was so uncomfortable I couldn't move and on top of all that, I stunk the house up. I would have felt so much better if I had of just stuck to my food plan and ate what I had planned and followed my program. But the good news is, other than the fact I only have lingering burps today is that I didn't fall off the wagon. Well let me rephrase that. I DID fall off the wagon, but I jumped up, and hopped back on. In the past when I fell off the wagon, I wandered around in the valley of gluttony for awhile and only when the wagon stopped to let some others off, did I finally jump back on. Although I may have fell off for a moment, I am happy to say.........I am now back on the wagon.
I know we are all in this together, but Baylee and Kat, I would like to join you as well. Lord knows Sara inspires me too. I have no plans to go anywhere today and I would love to chat tonight. Just name the time!
Hello to all my other lovelies. Once again, I hope you had a very nice Thanksgiving and hope you didn't fall off the wagon too. Or at least if you did, you found the strength to hop back on quickly. You'll find the damage isn't all that bad if you start damage control right away. Hope to see you guys tonight in chat. Take care.
Old 11-30-2002, 01:21 PM   #9  
a work in progress...

OK...I'm going out on a limb here...since nobody has mentioned a time yet, is the usual time all right? (7p est) I could go earlier if anyone wants to. Let me know...
Old 11-30-2002, 03:06 PM   #10  

I will be here....6PM for all the Central chicks...(shoot is that just Baylee and she can't make it)
Old 11-30-2002, 03:55 PM   #11  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everybody! I did real well on Thanksgiving with all the dinner guests, but yesterday was my day to pig-out! I had a nice breakfast: Sausage, egg and cheese crousant from Burger King with hash browns. Then had to work the theatre, 'showgirl' time and had a large popcorn all to myself. Then we went out to dinner and I order a full slab of ribs. Way too much food for one day. And far too many points. YIKES!

Today I just fixed left over plates for lunch at 2:00 and we have a dinner job out. So things will be a little more realistic today. I think tomorrow it's time for taco soup or something substantial with low points. Yup, that's what I think.

I made a BIG deal of telling my WW class last Monday that I have always LOST during Thanksgiving week. Wouldn't it be a hoot if this were not the case this year! OUCH!!

Duckie: I agree with the rest of the girls, there's got to be some protection for people with kids. You really need to check out the legal aid. You must have something up there in Canada that will protect you and your son. Don't believe everything your banker tells you, they want you out. You need the advice of an attorney or somebody that's on the other side of things. Good luck, sweetie, we're all pulling for you.

Mary: I'm glad you were able to have a good cry. That really helps sometimes. [[[hugs]]] Have you decided what to do about the job? You know you're qualified, it's just a matter of 'will it make you happier'? That should be all that you consider because life is too short.

Katrina: Thanks for the note on overstock.com. I'm not much (read: don't ever) of an Internet shopper, but with the crowds at the stores, I'm really tempted. What I guess I need is a charge card that I devote exclusively to use on the Net, so that I'm a little more at ease with it. You should have seen the way I reacted when a couple of my companies started paying only through PayPal. YIKES! You'd have thought they'd wanted my firstborn son! Now I'm good with that, let's see if I can break into the rest of the ease of the Internet. I'm just so paranoid over identity theft.

Tina: Here, I was thinking after your first post about your tummy that maybe you were pregnant! Oh well! Sorry it was just too much too eat. At least now you're back on the right track.

LuckyLadyBug: I'm glad your visit went better than you expected. You were really worried about it and it turned out ok. Just don't get yourself worked up about Christmas, that one will be fine too.

Sara: I'm sure you're going to be just lovely at the party tonight. Take your camera and have someone take a shot of you and Reg together. That would be wonderful. Think of it as the 'new you debut'.

Baylee: It sounds as if you were having quite the time yesterday. That's so neat: to be surrounded by your family and having such a good time. * Enjoy that dinner tonight. You're really making a whole weekend of the holiday. How wonderful!

Well girls, I'd love to chat tonight, but I have that job at 6:00 so I doubt that I will be back in time for a 7:00 chat. I'll try to check in when I get back and see if any of you are still hanging out.

Gotta run. There's a couple of places that I need to stop today for Saturday Only sales, and at this point I better get my butt in gear or Saturday will be over.

Love to all.

Last edited by thinthinker; 11-30-2002 at 03:58 PM.
Old 11-30-2002, 09:13 PM   #12  
a work in progress...

Boy, did you guys miss a good chat!! Lucky was on a roll...
or wishes she was, anyway!
Old 11-30-2002, 09:59 PM   #13  
Progress..not perfection

You guys stink! Or......maybe that was me. Anyhoo, so sorry I missed chat. AGAIN! Trey asked if we could go out and get an icecream, (like I need it) and then go Christmas light looking. Good idea, huh? Well, seemed good at the time. That turned into.......sitting in line for over 25 minutes at Dairy Queen, swearing that the van up front had ordered half the store and then was only handed one small bag........deciding to stop off at Eckerds and have some film developed (one hour)......Christmas light looking on my granny's end of town and she called on the cell phone and asked us to come by and pick up the rest of her turkey and you guessed it: ANOTHER FRAPPIN BOX OF CHRISTMAS TREE LITTLE DEBBIES! (Don't worry......I threw them out the window!) I will say......even though I missed chat, something really good did come out of our little trip.........other than dh falling asleep and shut up for a whole 20 minutes. I hadn't seen my granny in about a month to a month and a half and when she saw me, she said, "OMG Tina!" and then started crying. I had no idea what I had done. I asked her, "What?!" And she said, "You've lost so much weight........you look like my little girl again." I'll tell you ladies, I almost lost it right there in the middle of her kitchen. How precious that woman is to me and how much I needed to hear that.
Now, don't get me wrong. I don't want anyone to think that we are losing this weight for the wrong reason. But......it is SO nice when somebody notices. Even though my first and primary goal is to get this weight off for my health and even though it encourages me to pull clothes out of the closet that have been sitting there for three years and I finally get to pull the tag off.........it is wonderful when someone else sees all the hard work you've been putting in. People that you work with everyday don't notice it as much, but when you see someone that you haven't seen in awhile and they have a reaction like my Granny did.........I don't know. It just kinda spurs you on, know what I mean?
Have a good night my lovelies!

Oh yeah..........the whole big rambling at the top......(the trip out to see the lights that turned into something totally different) was why I missed chat. I'm sorry. I will do better.

Last edited by QueenB; 11-30-2002 at 10:02 PM.
Old 11-30-2002, 10:05 PM   #14  

We were still chatting Tina.....we missed you...we had some pretty hot conversations....
Old 12-01-2002, 07:59 AM   #15  
I'm on my way!

Goooood Morning ladies!!

We are up and roaring to go this morning! We had to take John to work for 7 am...we dropped his truck off at a friends house to have the thermostat changed...he said it takes too long to warm up the truck in the morning...poor guy...shivering!!! When we got home Andrew wanted to go out the back door to play so he and the dog are out there now...its cold but he don't care!!

Anyhoo......Kat...the job is going great...I'm still looking for someone to hire then I'll have two people doing all the work for me! Ain't that what management is all about?? We are suppose to collect $1000 in write off money each week and this past week I collected $859....so its a start! I also collected a couple thousand in possible write offs before they charged off! I like doing the collecting part!!

And for our stuffing....it came out EXCELLENT !!! Even the gravy came out good!

Andrew and I are going to go spend the day at the mall today and finish our Christmas shopping and have lunch there. Just the two of us!! So....I better get off here and read my sunday paper for all the sales and then head out of hear! I'll try to catch up with you all later on!

TTFN Michelle
Closed Thread