Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-19-2011, 09:02 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 295/278/160

Height: 5'7

Default Face down in the sand

So I stumbled last night. Maybe it was a night of celebration over my 6lb loss in the last week, but let me tell you, when I fell off plan, it was a GLORIOUS fall, face down with a mouth full of sand. One of those falls that you'd see on America's Funniest Home Videos. Pizza, and hot wings, and regular sour cream .

That being said, I am back on track, and ready to work a little harder today to make up for last night. More water (wow, that stuff must have been chalked full of sodium, cause I woke up as thirsty as if I had been drinking last night), more walking, more commitment.

While I'm not proud, I'm not beating myself up either.

Just dusting off the sand and carrying on.
OhMyDogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 09:09 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

What's your plan for next time? Celebrating a weight loss with way too much junk food is like celebrating sobriety with a drink.
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 09:20 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 295/278/160

My "plan" for next time is to remember waking up this morning, and feeling bloated, thirsty and overall gross, and trying to work out and eat breakfast feeling like this.

Typically foods like these aren't easily or readily available to me anyway, as I live 50km from the city, which is the nearest source for food like pizza, or fast food (and I have a hate-on for night time driving).
OhMyDogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 09:25 AM   #4  
One step at a time

S/C/G: 183/136.2/125-130

It's pretty common and hugely ironic to feel inclined to celebrate a weight loss victory with food. I know I certainly did it. When I was losing, if I had a good loss I'd feel like I "deserved" a cheat meal. Or that I lost so much, it wouldn't hurt if I cheated a bit. Or just plain celebration with food, as I had been conditioned to do. I even still feel that way as a maintainer sometimes. If I'm on the low end of my maintenance range or "just because," I feel like I need to reward myself with foods I don't normally eat. It was a habit I had to break. I do still have indulgences...I plan my cheat nights for once a month. Pizza, wings, and regular sour cream...plus a candy bar or something for dessert, would easily fit in my one night a month on my I-don't-care-at-all day. After my cheat day, I've never had a problem getting right back on plan and it keeps me on track for the rest of the month because I know I have a cheat day coming up. Absolutely would not work for everyone, but it works for me, and it didn't affect my loss and hasn't affected my maintenance.

So good on you for getting right back on plan and not having a breakdown over it. Those lapses in self control can be frustrating, but one bad day isn't going to make a dent in longterm progress. You may be surprised to find that as long as you stay on plan for the week, it won't affect your weigh in that much at all.
mkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote