Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-18-2010, 10:39 PM   #1  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

Default Do you expect to wear your "skinny clothes" again?

Because I became obese during my pregnancy, I still have quite a bit of pre-pregnancy clothes that should fit me soon (some of my "very fat clothes" already do). We're also in the middle of an international move so I really have to pick and choose what to bring with. I'm trying to figure out if it's worth it to bring my "skinny clothes" with. I used to fit in them when I was about 12-25lbs lighter than I am now so it's not very far off. Then again, I wore them at a totally different time in my life (pre-kids, I was a grad student, 3 years younger etc) plus I also have a different body shape thanks to pregnancy so they might not even be flattering on me anymore. Then again, I could save a lot of money on the in-between clothes so I have more to buy a nice wardrobe when I get to my goal. On the other hand, they take up precious space in our luggage!

Would you bring them with or ditch them? For those that have kept "skinny clothes" around did you use them again after losing the weight?
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 11:40 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 185/ maintaining 130-135

Height: 5'4"

I would keep any of your old clothes that you felt/looked awesome in. I recently posted in the mini goals area cuz I finally fit a suit that I haven't been able to wear since right after I got it five years ago. I've also had a baby since then.

I wouldn't keep everything, especially anything outdated. But it's nice fitting into old favorites.
tattoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 12:11 AM   #3  
~Kim~

I've been taking my "skinny clothes" with me for years. They've went with me to Mississippi, Las Vegas, back home to Tennessee and now Maryland. =) I refuse to believe I'll never fit in them again and I definitely want them around for when I do.
TooManyDimples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 12:49 AM   #4  

Three years isn't long enough for anything to go drastically out of fashion. For the time being, I'd keep anything that looks like you might wear it if it fit.
MariaMaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 12:52 AM   #5  
little by little

S/C/G: 220/215/150

Height: Five foot two

HEEEEEEEEEECCKKKKKKKKKK no!!!!

I'm five foot two and my skinniest I was 92 pounds. Considering that at 130 pounds I looked about 90 pounds, you can tell how thin I looked at 92 pounds. I never ever want to be that small again. My goal weight is 150 pounds, which may seem high-- but I carry weight so strangely. Plus, my actual goal lies with getting into shape and being able to exercise and improve myself all-over.
Martina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 05:26 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 196.6/see ticker/125

Height: 5'5 1/2

I've been wearing my "skinny" clothes again, mainly so I didn't have to spend lots of money on new ones. I think it's worth keeping the really good quality clothes, the cheap stuff you may well want to replace with more trendy clothes once you're at goal. Now I'm keeping clothes that are slightly too big as well, at least for a year.
Sanna Maria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 05:41 AM   #7  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Don't throw them out, you'll need something to tide you over before buying your brand new "super skinny clothes."
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 08:10 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 304/186.0/150

Height: 5.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by krampus View Post
Don't throw them out, you'll need something to tide you over before buying your brand new "super skinny clothes."

I never really had SKINNY clothes but I did have my SKINNIEST clothes and I shrunk in to and passed them so Id say, keep em!
Jonesie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 08:15 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

I gave my skinny clothes to my sister to wear when she was 8 months pregnant.

Most of the others I've given away, but I have a few pieces I've kept.
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 08:39 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 264/202/163

When I started I went trhough all my clothes and put them is size order. I had in my closet clothes from size 28 all the way down to size 8. I have sent to goodwill all the clothes that have gotten too big. Now I am in size 18 except for my Levis are still size 20. When I reach the new sizes I have fun trying on and deciding what to keep. It's kind of like shopping. Just because it fits again doesn't mean I wear it but I do enjoy putting it on and remembering what I was doing when it fit. When I hit size 16 I am not sure what I'll do. That size I worked a corporate job and wore suits. I am not even sure what people wear in corporate america and now I am a stay at home mom. I'm not going to wear that to the grocery store and ballet lessons!

I tell you though this whole clothes thing is hard. I bought Enell bras for working out and nnow have lost 3 cup sizes and need new ones... I just can't go out every 3-4 months and pay 200$ for bras! Ouch!
stacygee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 08:42 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 166/143.2/130

Height: 5'4

I say keep them. I am now wearing clothes that I haven't worn in at least 5 years! You can get back into them, it just takes time. It will save you a lot of money if you keep them rather then throwing them out and having to buy new clothes when you get back to that weight.
glh2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 09:21 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 185/ticker/125

Another vote here for keeping them. I kept my skinny clothes from about 3 years ago and now that I'm starting to fit into them again, I am so glad that I didn't get rid of them!! This is coming from someone who gets rid of everything. It would stink to have to spend a bunch of money on clothes that aren't that old and aren't out of fashion yet. Of course, it's fun to go shopping when you lose weight, but you don't want to have to start over and buy new everything.
cheryl126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 10:30 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 225/175/140

Height: 5'6

Cheryl I am the same way! I throw everythig out! But do keep a few nice pieces of yor skinny clothes ones you WOULD wear and get rid of the rest! Not only that it's a good judgement for what size you are and keeps you on track!

What I would do is try on this one pair of pants everymonth and everymonth it go easier to pull them up and eventually do them up and wear!
luciddepths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 10:52 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 337.4/322/155

Height: 5'8

I got back to my "skinny clothes" size and I wear some of them. Most of them fit me horribly because my body type has changed a lot (and aparently I'm taller?). So most went to Goodwill. It was kind of dissappointing because I had like 8 pairs of jeans and only 1 looked good still. But I've found buying new clothes to be an excellent confidence booster. Yes, it's expensive to keep buying clothes as you lose weight, but I find when I'm wearing clothes I like, I feel better and I stay on plan more.
Aclai4067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 11:15 AM   #15  
I love my muscles!

S/C/G: 169/149/135

Height: 5' 5 1/4"

I would bring them, or at least some of them so you can try them on and use them as motivators. You absolutely can get back into your skinny clothes. You can do it!

My skinny jeans--the ones I wore before I got pregnant with my first child are now too big What a great feeling!!! It's like a dream, it doesn't feel real. I was approximately 150ish before I got pregnant with my first. Yes my body is different than before I had 2 children, but I still looked good in them before they got too big

I got to just over 200 with each of my pregnancies, I gained over 50 lbs with each child (oops!). I am no longer in my 20's, but I'm getting back to my undergraduate days size OK OK, I'm only (almost) 31, but still, it's definitely not as easy as it was just years ago

Last edited by pinkflower; 12-19-2010 at 11:20 AM.
pinkflower is offline   Reply With Quote