Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-24-2010, 05:46 PM   #31  

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'3"

I wish I had known that it's okay to not finish your entire plate, like others have said. In my family, the generation right before mine (my mother's) grew up incredibly poor in a third world country. While we are all better off now, my mom and her siblings will never forget that. To them, if there is food, you will eat all of it because you're lucky to have it and they have worked hard to get it. However, what I didn't realize was that they live much more active lifestyles than I do, which is why they could eat the same amount as me and yet it wouldn't show on their bodies permanently.
LillyLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 12:41 AM   #32  
Slowly but surely

S/C/G: 210/210/160

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacha View Post
That a fetus the size of a grain of rice doesn't need 6 slices of pizza to grow!!
This, x4!
kestrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 02:17 AM   #33  

Height: 5'2

i NEVER would have began smoking. this goes along with the plethora of other reasons smoking is bad. i gained lots of weight when i quit!
vatkins22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 05:11 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 260/ticker/160

Height: 5'6 1/2"

I would tell the old me that I deserve to be thin.
toobig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 08:21 PM   #35  

Height: 5'5"

I would never have stopped working out. I did it for years and always maintained a slim figure. We moved to CA, I had a three hour a day commute, I went to gyms on and off for 20 years but never with the regularity of the "old" days, so I gained 5 lbs a year and doing that for 20 years is a really bad idea. Since I've been working out at least four times a week I am losing again, my body is smaller looking than the weight it actually is and I feel so much better. I remember a WW leader saying years ago something about choosing not to exercise means choosing to regain weight, guess I should have listened.
PaulaM is offline   Reply With Quote