Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-28-2010, 09:46 PM   #16  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Yes, we do have to watch for anything that might tempt us to give ourselves permission to overeat -- it is a sneaky thing really. I have had people tell me I was getting too thin (in the past @ 117 lbs); and tell me that I was not thin enuff at 137 (oh, how I would love to be that weight now).

The thing we have to remember is that the sizes were changed over a decade ago, so today's size 14 was yesterday's size 18 -- that puts a whole new spin on things, doesn't it? So your desire to be a size 10 sounds reasonable to me, for that is really an old size 12-14, which may be the perfect size for you.

Only you will know when you get there; and like someone else said, you could ask a trusted friend or relative (who doesn't have weight or envy issues) for their honest opinion at that time. Then again, I was just thinking that maybe a stranger may be a better person to ask since they wouldn't have any ulterior motives.

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 10-28-2010 at 09:51 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 05:50 AM   #17  
Just keep swimming...

S/C/G: 215/ticker/140

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin41 View Post
When confronted with this, I simply say "I'm so bored with my weight, let's talk about yours for awhile."
That is just perfect. Perfect, perfect, perfect!
My Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote