Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-13-2010, 09:05 AM   #1  
One step at a time

S/C/G: 183/136.2/125-130

Height: 5'7

Thumbs up Big Life Change #1...still on track!

As some of you might recall, I have several "Big Life Changes" coming up. My fiance was coming home from a year in Iraq and moving in with me, I'm graduating college in December, we're getting married a few days after graduation, we're going on our honeymoon, we're moving to a new state in January, we'll be moving again to who knows where six months after that. Basically...busy busy busy few months up ahead. Very exciting stuff, but it's going to shake up my routine. Scratch that, it's going to obliterate my routine, lol. My comfortable on-plan "safe zone" is going to be wiped out.

Well BLC #1 was two weeks ago. My wonderful handsome fiance came home from a year long tour in Iraq Naturally, I was thrilled that he was coming home, but I was anxious about a few things. For one, I was anticipating lots of welcome-home celebrations. Going out to dinners, BBQ's, drinking, etc. He's a very fit Army Officer, but one of the main things he craved over the year was a Big Mac from McDonalds, so I knew we'd be making some Mickey-D trips. Also, I have lived by myself for a year. My routine was very established and comfortable. When I ate, what I ate, how much food to make, what foods to buy, etc. Now I'm cooking for two, there are chips and candy in my apartment, and for some reason, he doesn't want to eat a baked chicken breast everyday, lol. He likes to go out to eat for dinners, he likes to drink beer, he likes candy and snacks, he likes cheesy enchilladas and lasagna for dinners and so on. I love all those things too, but I have been living without them for a year and I was comfortable without them. Now they're all back in my face again. When he left for the year, he had a 180+lb girlfriend who could eat a burger and fries and want ice cream after. Now he has a 125lb fiance who wants chicken and veggies every night and declines most of the "want to go get ice cream?" offers. It's a change for both of us.

Well, I am happy to report that I am still perfectly on plan two weeks later I absolutely LOVE having him home. So far he's been a big sport about eating Megan-safe foods, and I have been doing my best to make them yummy for him. Things like a roasted chicken with roasted red potatoes and steamed broccoli. I have made a few of his favorites like my enchiladas. I had a small bit and then filled up on greens. I'm still calorie counting, still exercising, and still on plan. My plan has been adjusted, but still a good plan that I'm comfortable with. I feel better about the upcoming BLC's because I proved to myself that I can handle a big change in my routine while staying on track.

And just for fun, here's one of my faaavorite pictures of my handsome man and I. This was taken a few days after we got engaged in July while he was home for his 2-week leave.

Also, in case anybody has noticed, I haven't been posting as much. I'm definitely still lurking and reading, just been too busy to organize my thoughts into decent posts, haha. I know all my adoring fans missed me (KIDDING!! hehe)

Last edited by mkendrick; 10-13-2010 at 09:07 AM.
mkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 09:27 AM   #2  
I want to feel better

S/C/G: 291.2/???/healthier

Height: 5 foot 3.5 inches

Congratulations on staying on plan these past two weeks. You sound so happy! I'm glad he made it home safely.
MablesGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 09:37 AM   #3  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Ah MEgan, things sound glorious. I'm so happy for you.

Now that he's home and settling in a bit, perhaps you can ease up on having *his stuff* around a bit, ya know - the chips, the candy, the cheesy stuff. I hear that you've got it under control, but you never know...

Quote:
Now he has a 125lb fiance who wants chicken and veggies every night and declines most of the "want to go get ice cream?" offers
I had this happen with my hubby too. I never declined those offers (and often initiated them). It's no doubt that my hubby lost an *eating buddy*. But I don't feel badly at all - he's gained a LOT more than he's lost, trust me .

That picture is magnificent. I hope you've printed and framed it.

I look forward to hearing of your continued success and happy transitioning.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 10:12 AM   #4  
one choice at a time

S/C/G: 275/155/189/???

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkendrick View Post
I know all my adoring fans missed me (KIDDING!! hehe)
I'll out myself as one of your adoring fans!

Just kidding. But you are a terrific poster - such a poised, thoughtful, and well-spoken young woman; it's been a treat to learn from your process over the months. I'm very glad things are going so well for you - congratulations on finishing school and on the engagement, and on your fiance coming home safe. I wish you all the best!
carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 10:51 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 172/150/145

Height: 5'7"

very inspiring! and what a gorgeous photo. may you be happy together always!!
pucedaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 11:16 AM   #6  
Bear Down..Lost 38 in '10

S/C/G: 260.0/219.4/113.0

Height: 5'

That is an amazing picture! Thanks for sharing and congrats on the BLC sucess...very inspirational!
gottadoit2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 11:33 AM   #7  
Writer. Often pantsless.

I'm an adoring fan! You're an inspiration to me and your posts are always so great. I'm so excited for you and happy that things are going great.

Last edited by pokeycactus; 10-13-2010 at 11:33 AM.
pokeycactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 12:44 PM   #8  
Counting away!

S/C/G: 217/211/122

Height: 5'3

Yay! Of course you did well!

So happy things are going well for you! Bring on the the next change. If anyone can do it, you can!
parkedout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 10:13 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 295/see ticker/150

Height: 5'9

Awwwww congrats!!!
pnkrckpixikat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 11:17 AM   #10  
One step at a time

S/C/G: 183/136.2/125-130

Aww, thanks so much everyone I'm completely thrilled with things right now. I love having my guy back, I'm proud of myself for staying on track so far, and I'm excited about all the "BLC's" coming up. Wedding stuff stresses the heck out of me, but I'm looking forward to getting married. I went in for my first dress fitting, and my dress is a size 2 and they still have to take it in! I wasn't the kind of girl who fantasized about her dream wedding, nor am I a bridezilla. I just want to get married as simply (and cheaply) as possible while still having it be a special day for everyone.

Anyways, I'm getting off track, hehe.

I'm still doing well and staying on plan. I really thought I'd be more tempted by his snacks that he has around, but I'm not. I don't even really think about it, the boxes of gummy snacks and candy are non-food items to me. The only time I think about them is when they're cluttering my kitchen, haha. I have some yummy meals planned (southwest chicken salad, cranberry orange marinated pork chops, etc). Foods that tickle his taste buds and fill his tummy up while still being kind to my daily calorie count, hehe.
mkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 08:22 PM   #11  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

You've been missed! Congrats on everything!
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 06:59 AM   #12  
Just keep swimming...

S/C/G: 215/ticker/140

Height: 5'8"

Lovely photo!
My Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 08:37 AM   #13  
Keepin' on...

S/C/G: 350/208/150

Height: 5'4"

How absolutely wonderful for you. I can read the happiness in every word you write. That picture is just precious. Someday your grandkids will look at that and just beam!

So you've had a whole year to train your body to eat great, and you have made an astounding difference in your health and wellness! Really over-the-top inspiring! And now the real challenges start, which I have no doubt you will conquer with the same poise and stick-to-itive-ness that got you where you are today! And of course your fiance/new hubby is going to want to indulge in every possible comfort of home for awhile. But when everything settles down and you get to the business of just being a couple, what an amazing gift you are giving him by cooking healthy, delicious meals for him! EVERYONE can benefit from the way you are eating, especially as they get older and as he gets "civilized". And someday your kids will learn the same healthy habits. A happy, healthy family, all because you decided to take charge when you did. SO AWESOME!!
shannonmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 08:49 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 227/159/148

Height: 5'9"

You can keep his heart healthy with good food and you should enlist him as a free personal trainer - does he jog daily or do daily weight training? Then he can feel like more of a partner on "project health."

I did this in my relationship - my boyfriend may love burgers and beer and carry-out food - but he also loves jogging for hours and hours. I've been jogging with him for about 8 months now, its wonderful. He had patience to wait until I improved my condition to jog hours and hours with him! They are really the perfect exercise buddies.
bonnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 09:10 AM   #15  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

Love your photo!!!

I'm facing the same thing here in a couple weeks. It's encouraging to see how well you've done!!!

I will be SO happy to have my man home but, you're right... it obliterates EVERYTHING! I hope I can do as well as you have. My husband's big request was to have beer in the fridge and lasagna. I'll have to find myself a substitute for both of those things .
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote