Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-04-2010, 08:43 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 213/213/139

Height: 5'7"

Default Stuck around 212

Has any one noticed that there are certain weights your body gets stuck at? Or is it just me.
After a great jump from 230 to 217 my weight just sat there for a very long time. Then it just went whoosh to 212 give or take a few and here I sit.
I seem to remember sitting at 212 for years on my climb up so I am starting to think that perhaps sitting here for a few weeks on the way down doesn't mean I am doing something wrong, maybe my body is just fighting me to stay here.
Therefore after 3 and a half bad days due to a stalled weight loss, I decided to get back on track and see what happens if I stick with it.
After all the next weight I clearly remember sitting at is 208 and after that it is 195.
Here's hoping my half baked theory is right!
card is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 08:47 AM   #2  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

:d
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 08:48 AM   #3  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by card View Post
Has any one noticed that there are certain weights your body gets stuck at? Or is it just me.
After a great jump from 230 to 217 my weight just sat there for a very long time. Then it just went whoosh to 212 give or take a few and here I sit.
I seem to remember sitting at 212 for years on my climb up so I am starting to think that perhaps sitting here for a few weeks on the way down doesn't mean I am doing something wrong, maybe my body is just fighting me to stay here.
Therefore after 3 and a half bad days due to a stalled weight loss, I decided to get back on track and see what happens if I stick with it.
After all the next weight I clearly remember sitting at is 208 and after that it is 195.
Here's hoping my half baked theory is right!
Even one *bad* day can and will most likely stall your weight loss. If it's steady results you're after, you'll have to be consistent with your eating. Never mind an entire *bad* day, even one off meal can wreak havoc with your weight.

The important thing is to really, really, really stick with it. Making this your new lifestyle, creating a new normal through good healthy eating and exercise habit. Nothing to go off and on of, just tweaking your plan and making it your own. Continuing on, no stopping and that scale will continue to move on down.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote