Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-02-2010, 06:54 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 267.8/211/150

Height: 5'2"

Default Things that bug me while losing weight.

I'm thrilled to be losing weight. Beyond belief. But some things are SO annoying about the whole process.

1. I spent a bunch of money buying a bunch of new bras about 3 months ago. They're all too big. Both cup size, and band size. I hate that!

2. Being "between" sizes. One size is baggy, the next size down I can't even get my pants zipped. I feel like it makes me look dumpy.

3. Not having a lot of clothes that fit, and not wanting to spend the money on some that do b/c I'm hoping to not be at this size for too long. See above, I feel dumpy.

4. Feeling thin and hot b/c I've lost 34 pounds, but then seeing myself in the mirror and realizing that I'm still fat at 232.

What bugs you?
Bac0s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 07:18 PM   #2  
Vegging out

S/C/G: 268/ticker/148

Height: 5'6"

Oh, 2 and 4 are definitely biggies for me! Glad to know it's not just me. Congrats on your 34 lbs, BTW, great job!
dudesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 07:19 PM   #3  
Why can't you?

S/C/G: 334/290.8/167

1) Thinking that the previously too small clothes in the closet still don't fit, even though they really do.

2) Getting rid of the small clothes in the closet because I don't like them instead of because they don't fit--at my largest, if it fit, it was game on.

3) I'll second being between sizes.

4) People you want to notice the loss being oblivious, but people you don't want to notice being the first to see it.

5) Becoming an even bigger klutz because I haven't adjusted to being a smaller size and don't know where my hips/thighs/arms *really* are.

6) Water weight. Okay, I know a 4 lb loss overnight isn't possible, but do I have to gain 6 over the next few days?
AZ Sunrises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 07:31 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 267.8/211/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Sunrises View Post
1) Thinking that the previously too small clothes in the closet still don't fit, even though they really do.

2) Getting rid of the small clothes in the closet because I don't like them instead of because they don't fit--at my largest, if it fit, it was game on.

3) I'll second being between sizes.

4) People you want to notice the loss being oblivious, but people you don't want to notice being the first to see it.

5) Becoming an even bigger klutz because I haven't adjusted to being a smaller size and don't know where my hips/thighs/arms *really* are.

6) Water weight. Okay, I know a 4 lb loss overnight isn't possible, but do I have to gain 6 over the next few days?
Oh, yes! to #2. I have so many things that I'm happy to be able to fit into again, but think, "WTH was I thinking?" I was thinking it fit, lol.
Bac0s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 07:53 PM   #5  
Live. Laugh. Love.

S/C/G: 191.5/126/120

Height: 5'1

I can relate to 3 and 4. I want to shop but I want to lose more weight before buy more clothes.

1. Losing weight in the wrong places. I went down one cup. I miss my boobs. I've decided in the future after kids I am going to look into fake boobs :P

2. People who want to lose weight with me but then I hear/see them eating at fast food restaurants.

3. Celebrities on magazines who make it sound SO EASY to lose baby weight or fat. Celebrity endorsements of weightloss products who make it seem like there is an easy fix. The media/public who label celebs as fat when they are not.

4. The feeling that I'm not doing enough even when I'm OP and exercising daily. I feel like I should be running another mile or doing something.
InControl2Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 08:13 PM   #6  
Back in the saddle again

S/C/G: 249/ticker/149

Quote:
Originally Posted by InControl2Day View Post
2. People who want to lose weight with me but then I hear/see them eating at fast food restaurants.
...and then finding out they've still lost more weight than me =(
spixiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 08:39 PM   #7  

I can relate. I am worried about loosing the weight but still feeling fatter than ever. Will people treat me different? How will that make me feel.
andyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 08:39 PM   #8  
Cookie

S/C/G: 88.0/83.7/63

Height: 170cm

Definitely
the water weight Arrgghh!
and
people who loose lots of weight simply by cutting alcohol, switching to skim milk, or not using butter.
Cookc04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 08:42 PM   #9  
Points Master

S/C/G: 357/T/180

Height: 5'7"

#1 thing I love and hate is I am now hooked on clothes shopping cuz I don't have to shop the big and tall anymore. I'm so hooked, I drag my wife clothes shopping...
BigDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 08:47 PM   #10  

S/C/G: HW:300 Pregnancy: 160/167/185

Height: 5'5"

People who see you've lost weight and feel guilty that they haven't, and so have to explain to you why they can't.

I don't care what weight someone is, but if you take me aside and explain that you're "an emotional eater" or "don't have time to exercise" or "just don't have the discipline" or "have PCOS/thyroid problems", I'm going to see that as a bull**** excuse---everyone who has lost weight has faced and overcome those challenges.

Again, I don't care what someone weighs. I just always feel awkward when they make excuses--what am I supposed to say? "Wow, emotional eating. Glad I don't have to fight that" or "No time to exercise, huh? I am lucky I have those 25 hour days."? I think they want me to forgive them, or reassure them that I am somehow different than them, so that they don't have to change.
Shmead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 08:50 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 224/207/174

Height: 4'11"

1. Oh ya! Buying clothes that don't fit shortly after the purchase. Now my plan is to buy my clothes second hand at Value Village.

2. Also, loosing weight where I don't want to. I'd like to keep a little junk in my trunk. So far, it can stand to shrink a little bit, I just hope it knows when to stop.

3. And finally, that whole celebrity & weight thing is really disturbing. The whole societal idea of what body type is "acceptable" is extremely skewed (and sc*ewed).

Joplin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 09:14 PM   #12  
Hi there!

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5' 5"

People who get angry/jealous/weird because you're losing weight (Whether or not they themselves need to).

Being basically unable to see the changes in my body even when others can.

Being afraid that some day it will just...STOP, and I'll be stuck even though I'm doing everything right (this is kind of a fear of mine - it's weird but it's there).

Shmead's item that says, "People who see you've lost weight and feel guilty that they haven't, and so have to explain to you why they can't" was really interesting to me. I haven't had it happen, but it sounds odd. That must be really awkward. Like, WHY would someone do that?

I love/hate when I need new clothes, because I don't have the money. Right now I'm wearing baggy jeans that I have to strap to my body with a belt that's almost too big for me (I'm on the last notch before I can no longer tighten it). But at the same time, I love that the clothes don't fit anymore!
LiannaKole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 09:34 PM   #13  
Back in the saddle again

S/C/G: 249/ticker/149

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiannaKole View Post
Being afraid that some day it will just...STOP, and I'll be stuck even though I'm doing everything right (this is kind of a fear of mine - it's weird but it's there).
I have this same fear, and I don't think this is weird at all...so many of us have lost weight before only to put it back on with the slightest deviation from plan. Or we've stayed on plan, plateaued, and lost faith before the plateau would break. I'm determined to stay on plan this time, even when the scale stalls, and keep going until I reach a weight I'm happy with - and I think these forums are a wonderful place to find the motivation to do that...

as well as a wonderful place to vent in the meantime
spixiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 09:50 PM   #14  
Happy Member

When I lost weight I also lost some friends. Maybe they weren't really my friends? I thought they were. But when I lost the weight, and they didn't, it put a distance between us. The friendship is no longer as close as it was, and this makes me sad.
JoJoJo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 10:28 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 198/155/140

Height: 5'9"

definitely #2. Right now my pants are too tight and I'm wearing a shirt that's too big to cover it up been dieting and exercising hard to try and get back into my pants so they fit right again and I can wear my normal shirts again. and of course I'd rather walk around frumpy than buy bigger sizes.
ringmaster is offline   Reply With Quote