Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2002, 10:57 AM   #16  
a work in progress...

Michelle..."And on the seventh day, He rested..."
...obviously, He wasn't a MOM! (no offense, God!)

I opted for the Kickboxing class. Never took it at this gym, but I have taken it before. I'm sure the instructor took one look at me and thought..."Uh oh...hope my CPR skills are up to snuff!" She did come over and ask me if I had any experience with this, I assured her that I did. She stressed the vigorous nature of the workout and told me that I could modify the moves to suit my own level of fitness. Okay, honey...thanks! I think that she was very surprised at how well I could keep up. Don't judge a (BIG) book by it's cover! What a great workout, though...I was pouring sweat, but not in a bad way. No CPR necessary!

It's a gorgeous day here...sunny and cold...we're going to carve our pumpkins today and get some yard work and Halloween decorating done.

Going to get some breakfast first...see you later, chickies!

Last edited by katrinabgood; 10-27-2002 at 11:00 AM.
Old 10-27-2002, 11:03 AM   #17  
Progress..not perfection

First of all, I have a very good reason for not being in chat. I didn't know what time it was supossed to be happening. Actually, although that is true, that is not the reason I missed. My Mom called me about 7:30 and said that her car had just died and she was stuck on the side of the road.............45 miles away! I wasn't exactly sure where she was at, so it took me a little while to find her and then when I did, I had to take her all the way home and listen to my Dad and her fight and argue about whose fault it was that the car tore up. Cannot even tell you how stressful that was. Anyways, by the time I got out of that little slice of ****, it was nearly 10:15 and I didn't have the energy or frame of mind to even turn the computer on, so I just gave up and went to bed. I was very dissapointed, I must say. I was really looking forward to talking to you gals. Sounds like you had a great time!! Do you think we could have it maybe one day this week in the evening? Let me know!

Anyways, I know this has been short, but I'm on the computer at work and I've been on this thing for quite awhile and I'd hate to get hit in the head, so I'll go for now and catch up with you chickies later! to all!
Old 10-27-2002, 11:44 AM   #18  
Dancing those pounds away

Hi guys....
I wish it were a beautiful day here. It is raining cats and dogs.
I got all settled down to write you guys a longggggg post... but after reading how productive Michelle has been AGAIN... I am shamed into cleaning the house.

Kat... you are just too funny.
I know what you mean about "bareing it all" in those locker rooms. Even if I were skinny I couldn't go all naturale.
Don't get me wrong... I know they say the human body is beautiful... BUT ... they haven't seen some of the bodies I've seen. And God help them... they Don't want to see mine.

Tina... you are forgiven for missing last night. You were an angel to go help your mom.

Michelle... I had to laugh that you got out your $500 sewing machine to make $3.00 scare crow. LOL. I seldom use my sewing machine but I am sure glad I have it. I will NEVER get my moneys worth out of it though.

Lucky... as much as we love you.... our little chat will go to our "graves" with us. It is a "Top secret".

kat... I did write GrannyC a nice apology letter... then searched for her on the site... but could only find our sweet grannie. I have saved the letter in case I do find her in the next couple of days. I don't understand why "search" could not find her.

Okay... no more time for some juicey topics... Michelle has shamed me into cleaning my house. Love you all...
Old 10-27-2002, 11:52 AM   #19  

I had to come back. I misspelled juicy.
Another secret about me is when I was in a spelling bee in grade school I lost out misspelling juicy... LOL. I STILL don't know how to spell it. LOL
Now I don't know if I spelled misspelled correct. Oh well... you know what I mean. LOL
Old 10-27-2002, 12:42 PM   #20  
I'm on my way!

I am so talented I SCARE myself!! I have to say that my scarecrow came out pretty good for the first time making one! He took on human form as I stuffed and stuffed him with newspaper!! He was sitting on the floor against the coffee table facing the tv and a couple of times I jumped as I was walking around picking things up and putting things away going from room to room. I wasn't expecting someone sitting on my living room floor since John and Andrew were both outside! And to boot...this guy was headless!!

I still have tons of stuff to do...I made john and andrew lunch so I snuck in here for a break while my healthy choice is in the nuker! I am going to try and shrink down a pic of Andrew. I haven't figured out how to do it yet. So when I do....beware...you may be sick of my pics! I love my camera. I have to get a spare set of batteries. Mine are charging now...they ran out before I could get a pic of the scarecrow.

2Cute...my ex bought me the sewing machine for Christmas the year before I left him. I use it to make quilts...so I have more than gotten HIS money's worth out of that machine already! I love to make quilts but I hate to sew. Quilting isn't sewing...its creating!!

Kat ain't that the truth...a mother's job is never done...even on Sunday!! I feel like I did dishes 3 times already today...in fact...I DID DO DISHES 3 TIMES TODAY!

Tina...your parents sound like MINE....my father always has to be arguing with someone! Especially my mother! She just sits there and lets it go in one ear and out the other. After 44 years she finally learned not to respond to him! Me on the other hand...I have to tell him like it is! I can usually chat during the week around 8pm if anyone else is game! I don't think we have anything going on during the week. The only thing that would be is if John's dad calls us to go to dinner and that would be on Thursday night. NOt sure if its our turn or not this time!

Anyways....I will be back, still have stuff to do and need to eat my lunch!!

More of you best come out and post today!!

TTFN MIchelle
Old 10-27-2002, 12:49 PM   #21  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everybody! Hope you are all rested and have switched the clocks. I have one in my bedroom that receives a satelite signal so it was changed for me this morning. That helped me figure out where I was (Kat)!!!

I need to figure out what I'm making for my WW meeting tomorrow. We're all bringing recipes to try. And then I'm bringing the recipes back here to type up and put into a booklet for the two Monday morning classes. Gosh, I think I told you all that before, sorry. Anyway, not sure what I'm making yet.

Chatting was fun last night. I sure hope I can get in to do it again. My evenings are just usually tied up. And I know all of you are busy working during the day. So just set something up wherever you can and I'll try and join you.

J-ann: Glad you're feeling better. Too bad about the turkey being frozen. I hope you're able to get it cooked up today.

LuckyLadyBug: You missed it, girlfriend. You told us to talk about you, and boy did we!!! I can't believe you chose your prom date over us! I think maybe you should be telling us what YOU were talking about.

Katrina: Nice rendition of the 'chat'. That about sums it up!!!

Michelle: I missed the pic of Andrew too. Better get that camera going.

Tina: Ok, rescuing mothers is a GOOD excuse. I have had to do that more often than I can tell you. But, you didn't have to stay for their arguement. You could've just dropped her and RAN!!! During the week is ok, but what time. Usually 8:00 is when the good TV starts. Especially on Thursday: SURVIVOR!!!!

2cute: Should have figured you'd try to find Grannyc. At times when I've gone into the chatroom I've asked if people are regulars to the site and they say no, they just come here to chat. I don't know what that's about. Oh well. Think of it this way.....we'll probably never see her again. BTW, I checked this morning and apparently our chatroom from last night is not permanent because it wasn't there today.

Gotta run. I really need to go cut down the black eyed susans and get some other yard work stuff done since the sun is shining. See you all later.
Old 10-27-2002, 01:20 PM   #22  
a work in progress...

Weeknights @ 8:00 are usually always good for me...I can play for about 1/2 hour or so before I need to nap...

BTW, Thin...that's what VCRs are for! We always tape Survivor...then we can zip through the commercials so we don't have to chew our nails down to the quick waiting to see who gets booted!
Old 10-27-2002, 01:48 PM   #23  
I'm on my way!

Geeeesshh!! It took me forever and I had to download a program to change the size of the pic. I don't know if I have one on my computer already or not...but I can only use this one for 30 days then have to buy it or lose it...but...they have others too! Anyways....AIN'T HE ADORABLE! LOL~! That's not the greatest pic but it will do for now!

When my batteries are charged I will do the scarecrow!

OK back to house work and laundry for me! Need to put the clean sheets on the beds so we can go to nightly night tonight!

I'll be back!!
Old 10-27-2002, 02:58 PM   #24  
a work in progress...

Ohhhh, Michelle....he is a little cutie!!! Looks like such a "big boy" compared to the other pic! Please give him a kiss for me!

Love, Auntie Kat
Old 10-27-2002, 03:17 PM   #25  
I'm on my way!

Thanks Kat...he thinks he is such a big boy...helping himself to whatever he wants in the fridge. He now has his own mind and I ain't too fond of it lately!! LOL
Old 10-27-2002, 03:42 PM   #26  
a work in progress...

Two, huh?

ah yes. I remember it well...
Old 10-27-2002, 04:12 PM   #27  
Michigan Old-Timer

Michelle: I love the new picture of Andrew. What a sweetie!

Katrina: Yes, I know all about VCR's. With this season's decent shows we generally have one taping in the family room AND in the office and we're watching a third show regular on the TV. We are definately governed by our TV. It's a terrible way to live!

Tina: Bet you're glad the race finally started. That rain delay is the pitts.

I think I'm gonna run outside and take care of those black eyed susans. I haven't done a dang thing today except Fast Forward through taped shows and napped on the couch. See ya later.
Old 10-27-2002, 04:40 PM   #28  

Oh Michelle....what a sweet heart your son is. He difinitely looks older from before. I have decided I am either going to ask for a scanner or a digital camera for xmas so maybe I will post some pics of my darling grandbabies. I promise not to overdo.

I don't my whole house clean.. but I did get laundry put away and my bedroom nice and pretty again. Next is the master bath.
My darling hubby made me lunch today. I was hard at work in the bedroom and I could smell the fireplace going so I grabbed some reading material and went to sit with him by the fire.... Lo and behold... there was no fire. Hmmm I could not figure out what smelled soooo good. Then I realized the back door was open and he was burning wood in the chimanea. Ahhhhh... it smells sooooooo good. Unfortunately... he wouldn't snuggle with me to keep me warm with the door open. In the good ole days he couldn't keep his hands off me... now ... I only see his hands stealing the covers.

Got to go. Blame Michelle for me having to go clean.
I'm sending good vibes your way. :
Old 10-27-2002, 04:53 PM   #29  
I'm on my way!

I promise I won't haunt you all with pics! This one is Andrew and Daddy at the Harvest Festival yesterday!
Old 10-27-2002, 05:59 PM   #30  

Andrew is SOSOOOOSOSOSOSOSOSO cute....Keep those pictures coming!!!!

Hmmmm maybe I should print them and make my own "Andrew" scrap book!!!!!

Aunt Lucky (trying to get lucky)

I went to my uncles 90th birthday party today and ran into two old boyfriends....once again, happily married! Good for them, not for me!
Closed Thread