Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-28-2010, 10:57 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 175/ticker/130

Height: 5'6

Default Oh, Darn it!

I'm catching myself in the middle of a very serious bout of binge-eating.

First it was an apple. Then the rest of the strawberries. Then some salmon and lettuce pitas. And then some MORE pitas with strawberry cream cheese on top. Then just the cream cheese plain.

I've FINALLY gotten control of the situation and that is ENOUGH. EATING IS DONE FOR TODAY.

I'm quite disappointed in myself, but will stop while I'm ahead and press on tomorrow.

At most I'm at 1800-1900 cals today. So it certainly could be worse! Still, I'm so annoyed. Why do I let myself do this?

I wish I had no taste buds, sometimes!
Shifterred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 11:07 PM   #2  
Intuituve Eater

S/C/G: 378/378/320

Height: 5'7

The important thing is you caught yourself and you were able to stop. Rather then focus on it happening...focus on the fact that you were able to stop the binge pick yourself up and move on. You didn't do alot of damage and there is always tomorrow. <HUG>. do not beat yourself up about this.
Obsidianbbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 01:05 AM   #3  
Running for my life

S/C/G: 240/140

Height: 5'6"

Hi Shifter,
I just want you to know that your post helped me to stop a binge that I started this evening. I came here and signed on because I was feeling out of control and I needed something to take the focus off the binge. I realize this probably doesn't help how you are feeling, but please know that I am here to support you as so many others are.
I always felt alone when I would binge, thinking I was the only one who did this and that there was something seriously wrong with me. Knowing that others are on this journey with me has helped me so much.
My biggest obstacle lately has been my adult son moving back home for a bit while he saves for his own place. His eating habits are that of a 20 y/o guy, and I just can't eat like that anymore. He left chips and salsa out and they finally tempted me. I ate one serving and then another. Then I got chicken out of the frig and dipped it in the salsa, then pretzels sticks, then swiss cheese. To give myself a little credit here, I have not had a binge in almost 4 months. Instead of patting myself on the back, I choose to concentrate on this one slip up. Human nature, I suppose. It could have been so much worse for you, and me. We stopped and now we have to get right back to doing the right thing for ourselves. I am here for you.
milmin2043 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 09:06 AM   #4  
Why can't you?

S/C/G: 334/290.8/167

Height: 5'2"

My stomach's comfortable capacity has shrunk to the point that binging isn't comfortable, so I don't do it anymore. I don't like that over-stuffed feeling. Funny, I never used to feel that way.
AZ Sunrises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 12:29 PM   #5  
Winner by Losing

S/C/G: 201/162/140

Height: 5'3" if I stand up really straight!

Red face ~ugh~

I wish I had seen this thread last night. I ate an entire can of cashews. It was almost like I was robotic. That put me at 2600 calories just for yesterday.
I will come here from now on when I feel the urge to splurge. Thanks for posting. I don't feel so alone right now.

Today is a new day ~ Let's pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off and do better today!

Great Thread!
Sarati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 01:44 PM   #6  
xty
bright hearted

S/C/G: 240/127/125

Congrats on catching yourself, stopping and posting to help hold yourself accountable
xty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 01:53 PM   #7  
slim endgame

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/150

Height: 5' 4"

Oh wow I have been there before! One night last week after dinner I decided to make some choc pudding as a treat because I had done so well watching my calories that day. I was going to eat a small bowl. I even counted in the calories. I ended up eating my bowl and all that was in the serving bowl! It's like I had temporary insanity or something. I felt so down. But I realized tomorrow I will work even harder to try and keep working for that goal. I will not let this slip up stop all the hard work I have done. Thank you to all the fabulous people on TFC for the good advice and encouragement!!
goal4agirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 07:05 PM   #8  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

Boy I wish my binges looked like yours Mine are typically startchy carbs and I could only guess at what the calorie outcome is - probably in the 3000 range. Anyway, congrats on catching yourself, I hope today was better. I've been binge free since Sunday I am trying to see how many days I can go without one.
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 07:47 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 175/ticker/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncuneo View Post
Boy I wish my binges looked like yours
I was 'lucky' in that I decided to buy only healthier foods this shopping week. When I'm binging I'm still too lazy to go to the store.
Shifterred is offline   Reply With Quote