Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-24-2010, 05:23 PM   #1  
ChubbyChicChick

S/C/G: 198/194/132

Height: 5'4''

Default Pretty please, I need words of encouragement!

I'm sorry, ladies... this is one of those threads where all we do is just to be heard and supported and... I don't know, I just need to vent.

I’m feeling extremely frustrated right now. I’m eating well, working out every day, feel no desire to eat unhealthy foods, I don’t have seconds, count my calories… I’m doing everything I am supposed to be doing.

Yet, I’m back to 196lbs. Like when I started (almost). Like last weekend. Come Monday, I’ll be down to 194 again, and come Wednesday, I’ll drop to 191, like I did this Wednesday and the Wednesday before. I don’t know what’s going on with my body. Am I hitting the wall? Am I plateauing? It’s frustrating. I’m eating 1200 cals. a day, working out religiously… maybe I’m retaining water? Maybe I am not going to the bathroom as often as I should? (sorry if that comes out as TMI). What the heck, dude! By no means I want to quit what I’m doing. Nope. Not this time, this is the life I always wanted: to eat healthy, to feel like working out, to not feel like eating junk. I always wanted to own this healthy state of mind and I finally have it. But I seriously do not know what else to do!

Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!! I’m so frustrated! I want these 60lbs off!!
60lbstogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 05:39 PM   #2  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

You might be eating too little, I'd say try 1500 calories per day. I am around your weight right now and I eat much more than 1200 calories. I walk on my lunches and do the P90X before dinner and I burn at least 500-600 additional calories a day and I'm eating around 1600/day. I just started P90X this week but I know if I were eating 1200 I'd be starving.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 06:06 PM   #3  
ChubbyChicChick

But that's the thing: I am NOT starving! I mean, I was never a person to eat much; I just ate the wrong stuff. As a fat person eating the wrong stuff I ate about 1500-1800 cals. Last week I was eating 1400-1500 cals of the right stuff and had the same struggle. Exactly the same days of the week.

Maybe I'm eating too much still for what I should be eating to lose weight?

And if I am not eating enough... how is it that I'm not losing any weight? I mean, I'm working out vigorously and I assume I might be building muscle. Doing 20 push ups comes in easier now than it came at the beginning of the week, for sure! Same goes for sit ups. I should measure myself weekly; I was always very muscular, maybe I'm gaining weight in muscle.

I really don't know what is friggin' wrong with me! My weight always oscillates between those three different numbers and it's the second week it's happening and already getting old.

Last edited by 60lbstogo; 09-24-2010 at 06:07 PM.
Old 09-24-2010, 06:09 PM   #4  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

You just started last weekend? If so, maybe you need to give it a few weeks?
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 06:11 PM   #5  
ChubbyChicChick

No. I started three weeks ago... Because this same thing happened last week, I decided to eat a little bit less, because really, I am not hungry or weak and I can go without the extra healthy snacks or the full plates I was having.

And another tidbit of information: other times in the past when I watched my weight and worked out, this never happened.

Last edited by 60lbstogo; 09-24-2010 at 06:13 PM.
Old 09-24-2010, 06:21 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 198/155/140

Height: 5'9"

oooh, no advice, I'm in the same boat. the scale has been bouncing around between 194.5-197 the last couple of weeks. I'm exercising more and been really tracking, weighing and measuring everything I eat. I'm feeling good, I don't want to give up (again).

I lost in the past too, I'm thinking it's just harder the second time around.
ringmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 06:22 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 234/154.4/120

Height: 5'6

There are so many things that can cause our weight to fluctuate. Don't let the scale dictate your success. I know it's frustrating to not be losing but it's not a perfect science. Focus on consistency and you WILL lose eventually.
FreeSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 06:46 PM   #8  
ChubbyChicChick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringmaster View Post
oooh, no advice, I'm in the same boat. the scale has been bouncing around between 194.5-197 the last couple of weeks. I'm exercising more and been really tracking, weighing and measuring everything I eat. I'm feeling good, I don't want to give up (again).

I lost in the past too, I'm thinking it's just harder the second time around.
This isn't even my second time around! Hahaha! It's the zillionth! But I reached a different kind of commitment this time around; usually I diet for about two weeks and give up, same goes for working out. I would usually quit or binge when something like this happens. This time I'm so committed to making it to 132 that those things are out of the question (I'm doing hypnotherapy to help me with those wise, healthy choices and unlike other times that I tried hypnotherapy, this time it's working very well, so much so that I'm impressed with my how well I'm choosing the right foods and how little I miss the garbage). But it's very disappointing nonetheless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeSpirit View Post
There are so many things that can cause our weight to fluctuate. Don't let the scale dictate your success. I know it's frustrating to not be losing but it's not a perfect science. Focus on consistency and you WILL lose eventually.

Yeah... I'm gonna measure myself and keep track of that. There HAS to be something changing in me other than my mentality about food!!!

I did my 30 Day Shred after I first posted here and I'm now eating an assorted nut snack with water. We'll see what the scale tells me tomorrow morning.
Old 09-24-2010, 07:05 PM   #9  
xty
bright hearted

S/C/G: 240/127/125

Some people's body take a little bit longer to adapt to changes.

You sound like you are doing a great job, and should keep it up.

I know how frustrating it is when the results dont come as fast as you would like, but this isnt for this week or for next week - to make weight loss permanent you need to adapt to a new lifestyle.

Dont be discouraged, and also I love measurements. I have had months go by with the scale in one spot where I lost a ton of inches!
xty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 07:19 PM   #10  
ChubbyChicChick

I can't find my measuring tape! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!
Old 09-24-2010, 07:36 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 234/154.4/120

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60lbstogo View Post
I can't find my measuring tape! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!
Use a piece of ribbon and a ruler. Not as accurate, but it'll work until you can find it!
FreeSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 07:43 PM   #12  
ChubbyChicChick

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!!

Old 09-24-2010, 07:56 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 270/ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

I agree completely with freespirit. It's terrible when we allow the scale to control our moods. This has been a huge issue with me for years. When the scale is down, I am on top of the world. If it goes up, I tend to get depressed and start feeling like a failure. There were times I'd get on that dumb thing 10+ times a day, I was obsessed! I finally had my roommate hide my scale and only give it back to me a few times a week!

60lbstogo- Definitely continue what you are doing. You are doing a great job, and the scale is either up because of water retention or muscle growth. As others have said, definitely find or get a new measuring tape. Doing so once a month is a much better way to actually see your success and the inches melting away! Keep up the great work
italianbellaxoxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 10:48 PM   #14  
Native Texan

S/C/G: 270/231.5/140

Height: 5'2"

I used to get aggrevated also if the scale wasn't co-operating (doing what I say lol ) . But some wise little chicks told me to STOP letting the scale dictate my success. Also to let the tape measure speak for me and my NSV's. I did and it really, really helps. I STILL get a little aggitated but I haven't thrown it out in the street either
Hang in there, it'll start moving soon
Best wishes -Judy
islandchick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 11:54 PM   #15  
one choice at a time

S/C/G: 275/155/189/???

Height: 5'5"

I believe that you really have to wait a month or longer to tell if your plan is working. If you change your plan every week or two weeks, you'll never get a sense of what works. The time scale for weight loss is longer than that. It just IS.

My experience: I lose in whooshes of 2-3 pounds (occasionally more) followed by up to 3-4 WEEKS of fluctuations of +/- a pound or two. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Also, depending upon exercise, salt, hydration, hormones, and any number of other factors, I can retain up to 3-4 pounds of fluid weight. So I can see my weight jump up 3 pounds from one day to the next if the stars align badly.

Put all that together and I have to wait at least a month, usually two, to see real losses emerge from all that noise. If I mucked around with my plan every time I went a week or two without a net loss, I would NEVER settle into a routine that could become a habit, and never find a plan that worked.

Be patient. Eat what you're eating, move how you are moving, and give it enough time to actually know what's going on.
carter is offline   Reply With Quote