Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-03-2010, 03:50 AM   #16  

Quote:
Originally Posted by katkitten View Post
i know. i havent been able to incorporate nuts into my diet either. so many calories and I can't just eat a handful. Once I pop I just can't stop lol
Have you considered buying 100 calorie nut snackpacks? I know Blue Diamond recently released a whole bunch of flavored almonds in 100 packs.

Or you could even just prepare your own 100 calorie packs! That's what I usually do as I'm a deadbroke college student, and it does save a nice chunk of change to DIY. I typically just buy nuts and dry snack foods from the "bulk" section of the food store, and then prepare my little 100 calorie snack packs in reusable ziplock bags that I rinse out after each use. That way there is a lot less temptation than having a big bag of almonds in front of you, and they make for a good on-the-go snack.
LettuceAndLace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 04:46 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 245/160/145

Height: 5.5

My go to foods are:
Cucumber
Apples
Proviva (proviva.com/en/Products)
A handful of nuts and raisins mixed together
Wasa bread/crackers (in Sweden we call it knäckebröd) with Liver paste and boiled eggs (this is normally my breakfast.)
Oranges
red pepper/yellow pepper
Yogurt (I do not do Fat free because fat in moderation is good for you)
Berries
(No bananas because they are too high in sugars/glycemic levels)

Here are some of the snacks that helped me lose 83 lbs!
Myrkryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 05:12 AM   #18  

Mix 6oz can albacore tuna(water pack), with 2 tbs Miracle Whip, 1 tbs pickle relish. Mix in 1 diced hardboiled egg for variation.
Serve with romaine lettuce hearts, tomato wedges, 5 whole wheat crackers.

Diced chicken breast, sliced celery, chopped pecans, Miracle Whip
Serve with romaine lettuce hearts, tomato wedges, 7 bite size corn tortilla chips.

Egg beaters omelette, made with shredded lowfat cheddar, or colbyjack. Garnish with salsa if desired
Optional add-ins: (saute first) onions, peppers, mushrooms

Gorton's Tilapia Signature Grilled Fillet, steamed seasoned veggies (zucchini, summer squash, carrots)

Bush's Chili Magic, add lean ground beef, diced tomatoes, onions.

Oven-roasted turkey breast slices, sweet potatoes or yams, french-style green beans

Oatmeal and protein shake, made with fat-free milk and EAS 100% Whey Protein Powder (Vanilla), pour some over oatmeal, drink the rest.

Bison fat-free cottage cheese, serve with diced peaches or pineapple tidbits.

Fat-free or lowfat yogurt, with strawberries

Mozzarella or cheddar sticks, lowfat, individually wrapped.

NutraGrain whole wheat, lowfat waffle, with peanut butter or cream cheese.

Drink water with every meal.
Sherrie568 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 07:14 AM   #19  

S/C/G: HW:300 Pregnancy: 160/167/185

Height: 5'5"

• Nature's Own 100% whole wheat bread is cheap and soft and 50 calories a slice. You can add a little peanut butter.
  • Cottage cheese + cinnamon + ginger + sweetener. I add wheat bran to this to give it fiber and texture: if that's too weird, raw oatmeal does the same thing.
  • Baked chicken breasts dipped in mustard or low-sugar tomato sauce (the canned Hunt's spaghetti sauce is particularly low calories, and good).
  • McDonald's Ice Cream cone--150 calories and exactly right for a little treat. Cheap, portion controlled, and it never even gets in the house.
  • Triscuits, black pepper and olive oil. Lots of flavor, reasonable calories (120 for 6).
  • Yogurt. SF/FF yogurt is a great small snack.
  • Butternut squash. This is SO EASY. Cut it in half long-wise, use an ice cream scoop to clean out the seeds (There aren't many), bake in a glass dish with a little water @ 375 for an hour. Salt and pepper. Half a pound cooked has like 100 calories.
Shmead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 09:01 AM   #20  
IR/PCOS/Pre-Diabetic

S/C/G: 310/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'4"

I avoid sugars and starches, and enjoy fat for satiety, so my snacks may not work on everyone's plan:
  • Nuts and nut butters
  • Beef jerky or pemmican (preferably homemade to control salt and sugar)
  • Cheese of all kinds. Occasionally with a few Finn Crisp crackers.
  • Cheese "crackers" (nuke sliced or shredded cheese for two minutes until it's crispy)
  • a nice cup of tea with a tablespoon of heavy cream
  • hard boiled eggs or deviled/curried eggs
  • deli turkey wrapped around pickle spears, or deli roast beef spread with cream cheese
  • Roasted veggies
  • berries with cream

My go-to meals are usually from the freezer. We keep on hand turkey burgers, chicken breasts, Steak-Umms, and fish, and will cook one of them up fairly simply, then add veggies as a side.
synger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 04:09 PM   #21  
If you wanna Rock It . .

S/C/G: 248/164*low*/145

Height: 5'4"

my recently discovered, can't live with out it, tastes so good snack is organic rice and sesame cakes (shoppers drugmart brand Nativa) with a tbsp of peanut butter split between them.
Rice cakes - 50 calories for 2 pieces
Kraft smooth 'light' peanut butter - 80 calories.

Taste . . . . PRICELESS.

Course it helps if you love peanut butter like I do but I keep these at my desk at work, if i'm feeling like i need a snack it's perfect for me. Filling, tasty, sweet from teh peanut butter and crunchy from the rice cake - plus a nice change from my usual pb and apple
Coondocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 07:53 PM   #22  
One day at a time :)

S/C/G: 157/134/122

Height: 5'3"

I like the Yoplait Thick and Creamy Lights (100 cal.) with either 20 oz. of cantaloupe (100 cal.) or a cup of Fiber Select Cereal (100 cal.) Either one is a great, filling breakfast
ElanaRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 11:17 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 310/235/175

Height: '5''4

My snacks... I do a lot of 100cal things (e.g. rice krispies, cheesecake bars, oreo bar, nutter butter bar, etc), light yoplait yogurt, fruit cups, 100 cal pudding cups. I've gotten into eating the Campbel's soup n' the hand for lunch. It's only 80-100 calories. I've been eating a lot of pork rinds too but I'm getting kind of burnt out on them.

So I go to get my wisdom teeth out on Tuesday. Going under. So I'll have stitches and all. I've heard mixed things from various people. The oral surgeon said I can eat anything I want to. I have no limits. But most of the time, people do pudding and jello for a few days. I'm thinking a lot of yogurt, pudding, and soup 'n the hand. May be a good weight loss. Though one of the meds I take for it are a steroid (helps to reduce swelling).
GoonieGal85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 11:20 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 175/ticker/125

Height: 5'2

The Yoplait Whips make the BEST frozen yogurt snack ever!!

Mine go to's are:
Breakfast: Bran Flakes with milk, or oatmeal with a bit of molasses and Stevia for sweetening. (Uneventful, I know, but it keeps me full)

Snack: Always something whole. Cheese, berries, bananas. But at least 100 calories. I don't eat apples because for some reason they make me get hives all over my face, but I love Apple Cider Vinegar water! There's also plenty of studies saying it aides in weight loss. Just make sure you buy it pure, unfiltered, unpasturized. Braggs is my fave.

Lunch: Usually peanut butter sandwich (whole grain bread), or tuna salad. I make my tuna salad with plain Greek yogurt (the Greek Gods is the best brand ever!!) it removes all of the oily calories from mayo. I also like to eat tuna or boiled eggs over a bed of greens with rice wine vinegar.

Dinner: We eat pretty much vegetarian at our house. The difference is moving past being used to having 3 sides at dinner time. We usually have a one pan meal with one side, mostly salad. Like tonight I made a fritatta southwestern style with peppers, onions and frozen shredded potatoes.

My personal tips

Just thought I'd throw these out there
-I always saute with canola oil instead of olive oil, it's far cheaper and they have almost the exact same nutritional content. Plus it has a very low smoke point. I save olive oil for salads or other dressings.
-Don't bother with Reduced Fat or Fat Free, they almost always contain twice as much sugar and saves a very small percentage of calories. Real food will keep your tummy happier longer.
-If you're a chocolate addict like me, go out and buy a bag of 70% cocoa square. You have to suck on it slowly or it just tastes weird. After one piece you feel like you've really indulged, but at 50-75 calories a piece (not serving!) it's virtually guilt free.
-Since losing the weight I have become a vinegar addict! I have a huge collection and I love it on just about everything! There's so many options out there for flavoring besides fats, sugars and salts, you just have to find what you love best!!

Last edited by Kyla0709; 09-03-2010 at 11:22 PM.
Kyla0709 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 09:30 PM   #25  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Lots of great ideas; here's my list of favorites ...

-- cheddar cheese: cut into small squares in a container
-- jello sugar-free chocolate pudding: only 60 calories
-- Source yogurts; sf & ff; only 35 calories
-- baked apple & cinnamon in micro 1 minute
-- natural peanut butter & baby carrots
-- celery with cheez whiz
-- apple or banana chunks with yogurt; very filling
-- chocolate yogurt ice cream cone; 100 calories
-- fiber bars; 110-130 cals each
-- counted salt-less nuts & dried apricots/20 cals
-- berry-banana smoothie
-- hard-boiled or deviled eggs
-- egg muffinwich w/ff slice cheez & smoked chicken slice & ketchup
-- oatmeal with bran
-- omelettes with chz and/or veggies
-- natural cream of wheat
-- poached egg on toast
-- all bran flakes with skim milk/sweetener
-- homemade veggie bean or barley soup with wg bread (1)
-- soup & sandwich or bunwich (egg, tomato, salmon, or tuna)
-- wg mini-sub with sliced tomato & lots of lettuce
-- chicken burger w/ff cheez slice & large salad
-- tuna or salmon on large salad
-- dinner leftovers for lunch
-- steak with mushroom/onion/veggie medley
-- BBQ spit chicken, salad
-- roast chicken, yams, veggies
-- lean hamburger on sandwich thin
-- baked fish & homefries (esp sweet potato fries) & salad
-- pita pizza with turkey pepperettes & olives
-- baby dill pickles & green olives & baby cukes
-- large cuppa hot tea

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 09-04-2010 at 09:41 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote